• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question 12 "Stable" Issues Thread

Search This thread

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
This update is a mess.

I am having issues with recent apps sticking.
My camera jumps like crazy if you try to zoom arrggh.
The stock keyboard locks in place sometimes.
Tansitions are slow (even with animations to 0).
The black theme is still off-black in the drop down prompts.
The font/dpi ratio is off in the drop down menus.

Be careful as it seems EDL mode doesn't work. The two button method, then inserting the cable just reboots the phone. So how do you recover using MSM is the question.

i am trying to go back to OOS11. The Color OS mixture is a pretty poor user interface it's slower in all facets than OOS11 in my opinion.

My network works fine though, so that's a plus.

Reactions: tathagatab

AndyC76

Nov 24, 2010
I can appreciate the difficult positions you're all experiencing with this update. I'm wondering if any of you had unmodified and fully stock phones before applying the update. Does your phone hw model match the model the update was intended for? Or had you forced your phone to take whatever official update became available?

TENlll423

Mar 23, 2018
Baltimore
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'm on Global stable now and I'm not experiencing any issues at all.. I don't have access to 5G so I wouldn't be able to test that and I'm sure it doesn't work on my device either.. Anyways,
I flashed to both slots patched my own boot img. with magisk alpha everything works. I even pass safety net. I can use my banking app and Gpay

Reactions: tathagatab

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I don't like how A12 looks like. I set in personalize all elements to small but some of them (like Google discovery or app shelf) are too big.
I also liked when AOD turned on after screen touch, now the option is gone.

CW7_

Dec 8, 2021
I have issues with screen brightness not adjusting to low-light conditions. When setting my phone on my dash mount I have to manually adjust the screen brightness down or go blind, even in dark mode. Worked fine with Oxygen OS 11. Fairly disappointed with the overall quality of this update, and I usually love getting the shiny new OS version update.
I had kind of the same issue. My screen wouldn't go brighter while I was in a Whatsapp video call. After it ended it went back to normal.

Other issues I have:
- I used to hide apps in the appdrawer if I had shortcuts of them on my homescreen. Now when I hide an app it's hidden system wide, meaning that also the shortcuts are gone.
- I can't seem to find the telephone app? In nova launcher it is there.

For now I'm sticking with the nova launcher. I was very happy with my 1+3 and 1+6T, but it's unlikely I will go with OnePlus again. They are distancing themselve more and more from their past philosophy.

Last edited:

sanverkapur

Apr 20, 2011
Jaipur
Moto G5S Plus
Vivo V20
I did not get the update pushed via OTA
But instead used Oxygen Updater App which downloaded this file.

OnePlus9ProOxygen_22.I.36_OTA_1360_all_2111240055_8480d.zip

Now my About section shows i have snapdragon 855
Screenshot_2021-12-08-18-45-02-18_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg

Reactions: wizardwiz

Zeus0fyork

Nov 30, 2020
For the love of God, does anyone have the "enter to view message content" on notifications? I didn't even setup app lock and the **** won't go away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-08-08-47-45-10_ee3dc56039c3477670b6eb5a1969dace.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-08-08-47-45-10_ee3dc56039c3477670b6eb5a1969dace.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 125

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh yeah, the CLOCK. What is WRONG with that CLOCK!? LMAO.

I mean look at this ABOMINATION.
    WHO DRAWS A CLOCK LIKE THAT? SATAN?!?!??!

Like wtf lol.

Screenshot_2021-12-07-08-15-54-75_3d88d13491c3c5d191dc1c89ab1722b7.jpg
    Besides the general low quality of this piece of software, here are some specific pains:

1. SafetyNet test fails (no root) - WTF? Can't use any of my work applications because of that.
    2. Status bar notification icons don't appear (except for Gmail, for some reason)
    3. About device shows there's an update available but I can't update because I'm not the "owner" of the device (there is only 1 user configured, no multiple users) - screenshot attached.

Please share your experience and whether or not you're seeing the same issues (or more).

Thanks!
    I have issues with screen brightness not adjusting to low-light conditions. When setting my phone on my dash mount I have to manually adjust the screen brightness down or go blind, even in dark mode. Worked fine with Oxygen OS 11. Fairly disappointed with the overall quality of this update, and I usually love getting the shiny new OS version update.
    - Phone stuck in 60hz like 99% of the time.
    - Keyboard doesn't have this convenient padding anymore. (On botttom to make typing easier.)
    - [Launcher] Can't search apps with a single up swipe anymore, will have to find some hacky solution again. Usually I put a KISS launcher shortcut on other phones. But why ruin it when they had it ....
    - [Launcher] Folders open on the middle of screen. Makes no sensse.
    - [Launcher] The whole launcher experience is just way worse.
    - Battery Management is a mess, now there are other options per app. The previous settings were reset.
    - Rooting with Canary Magsik can soft brick. Managed to fix it but it took me a while and I consider myself a veteran.

Honestly, tons of great features are missing. I wish they would just give us a lean AOSP instead like the ASUS Android and call it a day. This feels like a botched, budget Android on a cheap Chinese phone.
    Lol, I paid 1000 euros for this phone because the software was supposed to be good...