Question 12 "Stable" Issues Thread

Search This thread

razercortex

Apr 8, 2018
Initially when I got the T-Mobile OP9P, I was upset at the slow updates.

Now I see everyone's complaint about OnePlus' version of Android 12 that didn't roll on LE2127 yet and I feel like it wasn't a bad choice after all.

muca89

Nov 24, 2020
Is there a way to force 120hz for all apps? With Android 11 it was easy to do that by using the app AutoHz. With Android 12 it seems that the app is not working.

Reactions: krogoth

Staff_ionut68

May 22, 2010
The "bugs" I was able to find so far which will make me revert to 11 for the moment. I am using a 9 Pro LE2123.

1. AOD is not AOD anymore - activated the AOD, locked the phone, AOD stood on for few seconds then black screen.
2. No search function - I am not using drawer for the apps and for me was drag from the bottom - upwards for the search function. The only way to search for an app is through shelf - extra steps, slow process
3. Unable to get rid of google news page (left swipe) - Tried to go on home settings by pressing an unused spot on the screen. Not having the option of removing it.
4. Bubbles - icon way too small, when opened is not wide enough to fill the screen so you will struggle to write.
5. Font - Too small - it`s either too big or too small.
6. 1+ weather and clock...different font, no longer red 1.
7. Shelf - bit slow when you`re opening.
8. Clone apps - Now they made sure you know it`s clone app as after the title you have word Clone in brackets.
9. Drag to close the bubble...you need to go straight to X spot in order to close as it won`t close only by dragging down towards that X (as it was on 11)
10. No more signal in London Tube. While yesterday before update I had 4G signal, today I have none.

I might add during the day as I get through it.

Reactions: galaxys
Jan 5, 2011
Vermont
OnePlus 9 Pro
The only major issue I've had is that none of my notifications will show their content. I factory reset and made sure app locker was disabled. It must be a bug?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-10-21-25-01-11_3822ac0e29cfec8970059bb21d01f05e.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-10-21-25-01-11_3822ac0e29cfec8970059bb21d01f05e.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 78

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
Google Assistant does not know my real location when wifi is disabled. Try to ask "where am I" and location is wrong.

Everything is fine when I'm connected to my wifi

davyleggend

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Assistant does not know my real location when wifi is disabled. Try to ask "where am I" and location is wrong.

Everything is fine when I'm connected to my wifi
I try and mine it's okay. Before i experience visual glitch, buggy animations, allarm clock don't work properly, keyboard too, dpi and layout wrong. After a full wipe all it seems okay now.

Reactions: tathagatab

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
I try and mine it's okay. Before i experience visual glitch, buggy animations, allarm clock don't work properly, keyboard too, dpi and layout wrong. After a full wipe all it seems okay now.
Dpi is not wrong when set to default. Wipe reverted dpi to default value, so it looks fine. Problem starts when you set custom dpi, but most Oneplus apps does not respect it and display wrong font size.

They are as dumb as to don't know difference between `dp` and `sp` when developing their apps:

Any junior Android programmer knows that

giaur

Aug 27, 2013
LOL!

I found funny issue. Guess how 5g works now? Well, actually it does not. But when I enable 5g, fake 5g signal indicator appears, while I'm still on LTE. All apps reports I'm on LTE 1800, but signal indicator shows 5g - fake. I can't believe it's true LOL. On phone that costs 1000$ we are getting fake 5g

Reactions: shaarky
Dec 11, 2021
- Phone stuck in 60hz like 99% of the time.
- Keyboard doesn't have this convenient padding anymore. (On botttom to make typing easier.)
- [Launcher] Can't search apps with a single up swipe anymore, will have to find some hacky solution again. Usually I put a KISS launcher shortcut on other phones. But why ruin it when they had it ....
- [Launcher] Folders open on the middle of screen. Makes no sensse.
- [Launcher] The whole launcher experience is just way worse.
- Battery Management is a mess, now there are other options per app. The previous settings were reset.
- Rooting with Canary Magsik can soft brick. Managed to fix it but it took me a while and I consider myself a veteran.

Honestly, tons of great features are missing. I wish they would just give us a lean AOSP instead like the ASUS Android and call it a day. This feels like a botched, budget Android on a cheap Chinese phone.
I didn't think anyone else would miss the keyboard padding! I am not alone!

steve841

Jun 18, 2011
Davie, FL
I think Im seeing a bluetooth issue ..

On my 2022 GMC truck, the phone initially connects like normal. Then on a restart, it refuses to reconnect. Will appear to try and fail.

Anyone else seeing BT issues?

Leo Choi

Dec 8, 2013
It seems C38 is much better. I upgraded it from 11.2.10.10 directly without a factory reset. It works much smoother and has less RAM consumption than 11.2.10.10. Pretty good, except i need to find how to enable "second" for status bar's clock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh yeah, the CLOCK. What is WRONG with that CLOCK!? LMAO.

I mean look at this ABOMINATION.
    WHO DRAWS A CLOCK LIKE THAT? SATAN?!?!??!

Like wtf lol.

Screenshot_2021-12-07-08-15-54-75_3d88d13491c3c5d191dc1c89ab1722b7.jpg
    Besides the general low quality of this piece of software, here are some specific pains:

1. SafetyNet test fails (no root) - WTF? Can't use any of my work applications because of that.
    2. Status bar notification icons don't appear (except for Gmail, for some reason)
    3. About device shows there's an update available but I can't update because I'm not the "owner" of the device (there is only 1 user configured, no multiple users) - screenshot attached.

Please share your experience and whether or not you're seeing the same issues (or more).

Thanks!
    - Phone stuck in 60hz like 99% of the time.
    - Keyboard doesn't have this convenient padding anymore. (On botttom to make typing easier.)
    - [Launcher] Can't search apps with a single up swipe anymore, will have to find some hacky solution again. Usually I put a KISS launcher shortcut on other phones. But why ruin it when they had it ....
    - [Launcher] Folders open on the middle of screen. Makes no sensse.
    - [Launcher] The whole launcher experience is just way worse.
    - Battery Management is a mess, now there are other options per app. The previous settings were reset.
    - Rooting with Canary Magsik can soft brick. Managed to fix it but it took me a while and I consider myself a veteran.

Honestly, tons of great features are missing. I wish they would just give us a lean AOSP instead like the ASUS Android and call it a day. This feels like a botched, budget Android on a cheap Chinese phone.
    I have issues with screen brightness not adjusting to low-light conditions. When setting my phone on my dash mount I have to manually adjust the screen brightness down or go blind, even in dark mode. Worked fine with Oxygen OS 11. Fairly disappointed with the overall quality of this update, and I usually love getting the shiny new OS version update.
    Lol, I paid 1000 euros for this phone because the software was supposed to be good...