Question 12 "Stable" Issues Thread

Search This thread

khanboy619

Dec 16, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
My network doesn't work on OOS12 for some reason. I spent 2 days flashing different oos12 builds (eu, global, indian) to try to see if the network comes back, but no luck 😒
Very disappointed. Had to come back to OOS11. Everything works perfectly, except the fact that I'm not running the latest android version on my flagship 9 Pro. 😕

seelions

Dec 7, 2011
NC & VT
My network doesn't work on OOS12 for some reason. I spent 2 days flashing different oos12 builds (eu, global, indian) to try to see if the network comes back, but no luck 😒
Very disappointed. Had to come back to OOS11. Everything works perfectly, except the fact that I'm not running the latest android version on my flagship 9 Pro. 😕
Which network was problematic?

I've tried t-mobile & vzw with both showing stable LTE & 5G.

Wifi has also been better on 5Ghz, as it doesn't seem to bounce speeds down & up with use. I've connected to 2.4Ghz but that's deprecated for my daily environments.

Reactions: khanboy619

khanboy619

Dec 16, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
Which network was problematic?

I've tried t-mobile & vzw with both showing stable LTE & 5G.

Wifi has also been better on 5Ghz, as it doesn't seem to bounce speeds down & up with use. I've connected to 2.4Ghz but that's deprecated for my daily environments.
Brother I'm not in the United States so those networks aren't available here. But the same networks that are fully accessable on OOS11 don't show any signals on OOS12. Other than that I didn't notice any bugs/lags at all.
Don't know what I'm doing wrong here. 😔

l_mike

Jan 6, 2013
Huawei Watch 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Does anybody have already updated to the recent LE2123_11_C.44? Is it worth to update from A11 already or is the latest firmware still buggy? Many thx!
If you care about the photo quality and UI consistency than it is not worth updating.
For me the 5g started working in Poland. And I think it might have better battery life than stock A11 (custom kernels on A11 are way better though).
Also it seems that A12 is pulled off again.

Reactions: Flying Fox

Nockmaar

May 14, 2015
My 2 cents since the upgrade, a couple days ago:

• Running app not showing in notification bar (es: Waze, files download, ecc...)
  • 5G not working ( stuck on 4G+)
  • Video "bokeh" not working, it's constantly getting in and out of focus; if that was an answer to iPhone cinematic mode, just kill it already...
  • Can't copy my Google account to Galaxy Watch 4 anymore (it worked flawlessly on A11 and that's probably the most annoying issue for me).
  • Awful app/battery management even with apps with no limitations like Whatsapp or Gmail not updating or getting notifications if I don't open them... Same with push/2FA notifications for my banking app
  • Update: can't backup to Google Drive (can't backup now, try later...)
And I'm afraid this is still the tip of the iceberg...

I didn't rolled back only because I couldn't recover the system backup made with TWRP, since it doesn't work yet on A12, and didn't want to do a full wipe...

Last edited:

hallo dare

Jan 23, 2012
So I've been running c.44 for a while now, rooted and I thought the following issues might have sorted themselves out, but unfortunately not.

Anyone else experiencing the following when rebooting their phone?

1. Auto rotate needs to re-enabled.
2. All and any notifications that were turned off are re-enabled.

Also, if anyone has a working app of the oneplus gallery then please send it on, i can't find any that will install. Don't like the gallery for C.44,particularly as there doesn't appear to a quick map view of where a picture was taken. This was a feature that i really liked in the original oneplus gallery app. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh yeah, the CLOCK. What is WRONG with that CLOCK!? LMAO.

I mean look at this ABOMINATION.
    WHO DRAWS A CLOCK LIKE THAT? SATAN?!?!??!

Like wtf lol.

Screenshot_2021-12-07-08-15-54-75_3d88d13491c3c5d191dc1c89ab1722b7.jpg
    Besides the general low quality of this piece of software, here are some specific pains:

1. SafetyNet test fails (no root) - WTF? Can't use any of my work applications because of that.
    2. Status bar notification icons don't appear (except for Gmail, for some reason)
    3. About device shows there's an update available but I can't update because I'm not the "owner" of the device (there is only 1 user configured, no multiple users) - screenshot attached.

Please share your experience and whether or not you're seeing the same issues (or more).

Thanks!
    - Phone stuck in 60hz like 99% of the time.
    - Keyboard doesn't have this convenient padding anymore. (On botttom to make typing easier.)
    - [Launcher] Can't search apps with a single up swipe anymore, will have to find some hacky solution again. Usually I put a KISS launcher shortcut on other phones. But why ruin it when they had it ....
    - [Launcher] Folders open on the middle of screen. Makes no sensse.
    - [Launcher] The whole launcher experience is just way worse.
    - Battery Management is a mess, now there are other options per app. The previous settings were reset.
    - Rooting with Canary Magsik can soft brick. Managed to fix it but it took me a while and I consider myself a veteran.

Honestly, tons of great features are missing. I wish they would just give us a lean AOSP instead like the ASUS Android and call it a day. This feels like a botched, budget Android on a cheap Chinese phone.
    I have issues with screen brightness not adjusting to low-light conditions. When setting my phone on my dash mount I have to manually adjust the screen brightness down or go blind, even in dark mode. Worked fine with Oxygen OS 11. Fairly disappointed with the overall quality of this update, and I usually love getting the shiny new OS version update.
    Lol, I paid 1000 euros for this phone because the software was supposed to be good...