• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

120fps issue since Apr18 patch - can i roll back to previous patch/build?

Search This thread

Napilitan

May 15, 2019
Need help on the latest april 18th patch. Ever since the update i am not able to get 120fps on my games anymore

Currently playing hundred souls and world of dragon nest. These games locked at 60fps HOWEVER, I used to be able to get 120fps with a simple trick of minimize/go to home screen (that was at 60hz) and when i switch back i would get 120fps like magic, albeit a fast draining battery and hot phone

After the patch i can no longer do this trick to force 120fps. All of my settings in game genie/armory are same. All at 120hz. Nothing changed except the phone update

Anyone else having this? Is it possible to roll back to the previous patch? Not necessarily roll back to android 9 but the previous version (mid March?) will work for me.

My phone info
Tencent 8/128 version fully converted to ww, on latest a10 april 18 updates

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: raymondkang

oberio28

Jul 1, 2019
Need to back it up bro, I lost all of my data when I reverted back.. tought that the April 17, 2020 could have fixed some of the issues but it caused the phone's camera to crash and I can't access files in file manager.. had to do a factory reset to fix things.. but still I have issues with the sensor after calls.. it blacks the screen when I pass my fingers or any objects over it.. Had to restart it everytime

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Need help on the latest april 18th patch. Ever since the update i am not able to get 120fps on my games anymore

Currently playing hundred souls and world of dragon nest. These games locked at 60fps HOWEVER, I used to be able to get 120fps with a simple trick of minimize/go to home screen (that was at 60hz) and when i switch back i would get 120fps like magic, albeit a fast draining battery and hot phone

After the patch i can no longer do this trick to force 120fps. All of my settings in game genie/armory are same. All at 120hz. Nothing changed except the phone update

Anyone else having this? Is it possible to roll back to the previous patch? Not necessarily roll back to android 9 but the previous version (mid March?) will work for me.

My phone info

Thanks in advance!

Do a factory reset bro... My camera crashes after the update

Reactions: Napilitan

Napilitan

May 15, 2019
Need to back it up bro, I lost all of my data when I reverted back.. tought that the April 17, 2020 could have fixed some of the issues but it caused the phone's camera to crash and I can't access files in file manager.. had to do a factory reset to fix things.. but still I have issues with the sensor after calls.. it blacks the screen when I pass my fingers or any objects over it.. Had to restart it everytime

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Thanks man. Looks like i have no choice hut to back up and revert

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My phone info

Thanks in advance!

My phone info

Thanks in advance!