• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question 120hz not working in games its runs at 60hz

Search This thread

reggiexp

Dec 2, 2010
{^_*}
hi, my friend has the poco f3 and the high refresh rate 120hz wont work in games it works in settings in chrome... youtube goes also to 60hz. he just wants full 120hz all the time... and i tried to find it on google but the battery and performance app is hidden and you cant clear cache once u find it...
and we dont understand i isntalled games that google says has 120fps but nope the poco f3 goes to 60hz and locks it unless u go back to home screen... i dont understand (i have poco f2 pro so i dont have 120hz so i cant really try and mess with it to find the problem.
i spend 2 hours on his phone installing 120hz supported apps and nope all lock at 60hz what am i missing?

ione2380

Oct 13, 2009
Brasov
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
hi, my friend has the poco f3 and the high refresh rate 120hz wont work in games it works in settings in chrome... youtube goes also to 60hz. he just wants full 120hz all the time... and i tried to find it on google but the battery and performance app is hidden and you cant clear cache once u find it...
and we dont understand i isntalled games that google says has 120fps but nope the poco f3 goes to 60hz and locks it unless u go back to home screen... i dont understand (i have poco f2 pro so i dont have 120hz so i cant really try and mess with it to find the problem.
i spend 2 hours on his phone installing 120hz supported apps and nope all lock at 60hz what am i missing?
It's a known issue, there are already several threads about this, here on Xda.
It's fixed in latest China firmware, so maybe it will come later in other regions. All apps are 120hz now (I don't know about games, I don't play games).
Your friend can wait or he can flash the latest Xiaomi.eu custom ROM.

TeckySairam

Aug 26, 2021
Dude i ll just tell the best working way download the tool which has been attached for that u need to have java installed that is also been attached.

Method ,
in developer options turn on USB Debugging and open the tool (Xiaomi adbfastboot tools) and delete the battery and performance and booo ur phone is in 120hz always

Tell me if ur friends issue is fixed or not

Attachments

• XiaomiADBFastbootTools.jar
    21.9 MB · Views: 7

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Bro but i did it but nothing happened till now I mean i did like a 3 weeks ago
Open refresh monitor and watch ...

It's definitely not working flawlessly like you describe.

I published my own fix sometime ago too but it's not flawless either...

It's practically impossible to disable adaptive refresh rate smh.

Such a bad feature , singlehandedly killed all my good will towards this company