• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

120hz???

Search This thread

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
I recently read an article that 120hz is a possible thing on the Xperia xz premium and then later, in an update to the original post, it was stated that other devices, including this one, support it on a hardware level, that would at least explain the 120hz switch within some ROMs. but, it just doesn't work due to our kernels not supporting it or something into that direction,

Developers, it's there any possibility to make a patch, or a patched kernel????
I would really like to test it on even just 90hz as (like everyone) have heard how amazing it should look, especially with supported games.

Thanks in advance!

Not written on Xperia X F5121

Aaskereija

Jun 22, 2013
Sony Xperia Z1
Sony Xperia X
Omni Rom has a switch for this. But i can't tell a difference
If i find an app that show the Hz i will tell

(edit) seems it runs really runs with 120hz

Attachments

• Screenshot_Device_Info_20200227-173035.png
    Screenshot_Device_Info_20200227-173035.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:

Rush

Apr 19, 2019
neuss
OnePlus 5T
Omni Rom has a switch for this. But i can't tell a difference
If i find an app that show the Hz i will tell

(edit) seems it runs really runs with 120hz
Oh German boy here. Me too. But back to the point.
Many devices have this switch on SODP (Sony open devices project) ROMs, those are the ones where you have to flash the OEM file btw. But in all devices which had this switch, nothing happened when selecting it. And s reboot would reset the setting.
Can you confirm this by trying to go to UFO FrameRate test and see if it says 120hz? I don't think most browsers support it though. Except ones from devices which have this feature as well.
Maybe Samsung browser, because there S20 series has it it must support it right?