• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

128GB microSDXC card availability?

Search This thread

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
vanureta.jpg

Here goes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Mine just shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow. I decided to go back to the Note 3 and just get used to the size given the S5 isn' much smaller than the Note 3 and we may or may not ever see a 32GB S5 or may be dragged out to the S5 Prime. But I don't think I want to wait for the Note 4 it will just be bigger.

Reactions: KruseLudsMobile

mooseyone

Dec 3, 2013
Mine also is supposed to be here tomorrow. I ordered April 16 how about you if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

KruseLudsMobile

Sep 12, 2004
Ridgewood, NJ
www.linkedin.com
Mine just shipped from Amazon and will be here tomorrow. I decided to go back to the Note 3 and just get used to the size given the S5 isn' much smaller than the Note 3 and we may or may not ever see a 32GB S5 or may be dragged out to the S5 Prime. But I don't think I want to wait for the Note 4 it will just be bigger.

The S5 isn't offered with 32GB?

Sent from my Galaxy Note III; Previous owner/hacker of Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Try looking at the korea version, they always have 32GB version for all note and S series from day 1.

What gets me is the stock rom keeps getting bigger and 16gb just doesn't cut it anymore.... If you are using over half of the internal memory for "system"stuff you should be going to 32gb as smallest size available and then up from there... Maybe we'll actually see a mythical 64gb version of a phone arrive, just don't hold your breath...

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
What gets me is the stock rom keeps getting bigger and 16gb just doesn't cut it anymore.... If you are using over half of the internal memory for "system"stuff you should be going to 32gb as smallest size available and then up from there... Maybe we'll actually see a mythical 64gb version of a phone arrive, just don't hold your breath...

It's samsungs crap, they are putting more of their stuff in it, kk is suppose to be smaller than JB, I think thats what the last os is.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
It's samsungs crap, they are putting more of their stuff in it, kk is suppose to be smaller than JB, I think thats what the last os is.

Either way, if Samsung are using more memory it's up to them to make sure I have the memory I bought.
On the S4 I had 7gb of memory left from a stock install of Android... I bought a 16gb device and got 7gb... That was 9gb that was utilised by Samsung. WTF!!!
And no 32gb version available anywhere....
Granted they allow moving of data to the external sd card but some things tie in with system apps and won't be moved...

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Now that 64gb cards are much cheaper and 128gb finally available there's no reason why we shouldn't be seeing 32gb minimum storage with 64gb and 128gb options available just anywhere from $50-200 more. Soo tired of these 16gb phones these companies are trying to force the consumer to accept when storage is soo damn cheap these days there being overly greedy.

I'm doing fine atm with my note 3 and it's 32gb (25gb available!!) And the 128gb SanDisk but i don't plan on upgrading til there's a note phone that has 64gb option at least and a worthy enough new chip, the 801 and 805 are mild upgrades to the already powerful 800 in our note 3. No instead will most likely wait til n5 comes out and the SD 810 is available most likely with very worthy upgraded beast like specs we have all come to love from the note line.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011

I would blame the carriers more than manufacturers. Note3 has 32gb. Eh, but i could be wrong.

Now that 64gb cards are much cheaper and 128gb finally available there's no reason why we shouldn't be seeing 32gb minimum storage with 64gb and 128gb options available just anywhere from $50-200 more. Soo tired of these 16gb phones these companies are trying to force the consumer to accept when storage is soo damn cheap these days there being overly greedy.

I'm doing fine atm with my note 3 and it's 32gb (25gb available!!) And the 128gb SanDisk but i don't plan on upgrading til there's a note phone that has 64gb option at least and a worthy enough new chip, the 801 and 805 are mild upgrades to the already powerful 800 in our note 3. No instead will most likely wait til n5 comes out and the SD 810 is available most likely with very worthy upgraded beast like specs we have all come to love from the note line.

I am more than likely waiting for the big thing that is 64bit and I may wait til the software and hardware kinks are worked out. Almost got a HTC m8 the other day. If it had extra sensitivity mode where the screen could work with almost anything as a stylus I probably would've got it. Maybe next year. It is a really nice phone. First metal phone that actually felt. All these people whining for metal phones I don't understand. The metal is so thin on them they feel like plastic/tin roof when tap on them and they dent and scratch really easy. I was really impressed with HTC m8 quality but not enough there to justify spending $600 on when I have a note3 and moto x of which I still owe about $100 on. Seriously may consider the next HTC one model next year if it's 64bit and the camera module is at least 8MP, hopefully 10mp+, but has at least same quality pics as the 4mp ultra pixel. That was another downside as I need to zoom in on my pics and need the detail sometimes. Such a shame because HTC really came with it on the m8.

sent from my sm-9005.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I would blame the carriers more than manufacturers. Note3 has 32gb. Eh, but i could be wrong.

I am more than likely waiting for the big thing that is 64bit and I may wait til the software and hardware kinks are worked out. Almost got a HTC m8 the other day. If it had extra sensitivity mode where the screen could work with almost anything as a stylus I probably would've got it. Maybe next year. It is a really nice phone. First metal phone that actually felt. All these people whining for metal phones I don't understand. The metal is so thin on them they feel like plastic/tin roof when tap on them and they dent and scratch really easy. I was really impressed with HTC m8 quality but not enough there to justify spending $600 on when I have a note3 and moto x of which I still owe about $100 on. Seriously may consider the next HTC one model next year if it's 64bit and the camera module is at least 8MP, hopefully 10mp+, but has at least same quality pics as the 4mp ultra pixel. That was another downside as I need to zoom in on my pics and need the detail sometimes. Such a shame because HTC really came with it on the m8.

sent from my sm-9005.

countries like hong kong where I live and I think UK only got 16GB on the note 3, samsung probably know we will upgrade fast, so they didn't bother about the 32GB.

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011

Agreed! Hopefully by next year there is less bloatware and 64gb and 128gb phones especially the Note series are available. By then also the 128gb cards should be much cheaper too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note that I ordered the 128 GB Sandisk micro-sd from Best Buy Tuesday and received it overnight yesterday. I installed in on my Note 3 without doing anything to it (no reformat or anything) with zero issues. I loaded it with about 14,500 songs at 256 kbps and still had about 6 GB left. Songs play fine. Card writing was FAST.
    128GB for $99.95

B&H Have it for $99.95 offer ends June 2,2014. FREE shipping!

SanDisk 128GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I with microSD Adapter

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1034096-REG/sandisk_sdsdqui_128g_a46_128gb_ultra_micro_sdxc.html
    Man, as long as I've followed this kind of thread (which for the record is since 2gb micro SD cards came out) I've seen people post links to SD cards. C'mon people, get with the program :p
    In the next few years some manufacturers in particular Samsung might quit with memory card slots especially as Google seems to want an end to it and security concerns make it a necessity. I hope not but they might therefore you might not get that 256-512. I am a digital hoarder to but this is the first card I have ever doubted that I might need. I have a 64gb coming (my second one) and I am wondering if I don't need a 128gb instead.

I'm sorry, but what "security concerns" are you talking about?
    Are you repeating Google's propaganda? For your information Google end SD card support in all of their devices a while ago, since it's against their business model, they make money from advertising so they want people to be on their cloud servers all the time so they can sell advertising and SD cards get in the way.
    Samsung sells hardware so Google business model is not their problem and frankly they are trying to come out with their own OS, Tizen.
    I get rid of Android and Google before I get rid of SD cards.
    As far as your 128GB card dilemma, to me it's very simple: either you still have space on your 64GB card and don't need 128, or your 64 GB is not enough and you need more. I still have space on mine, so can wait with upgrading to 128GB, but once vacation time comes up, I'll have no choice, to fit all the video and pics I expect to take even 128GB may be not enough.
    If you want one, order one now from Amazon, it's currently $119 (you can still order it even though it's OOS), not sure how long the price will last (Amazon usually changes the price especially if many are sold while OOS)

It's $200 (MSRP) at BestBuy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIJ6W4S

it's currently an exclusive to Amazon and BestBuy in the US