• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

128GB microSDXC card availability?

Search This thread

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I would blame the carriers more than manufacturers. Note3 has 32gb. Eh, but i could be wrong.

I am more than likely waiting for the big thing that is 64bit and I may wait til the software and hardware kinks are worked out. Almost got a HTC m8 the other day. If it had extra sensitivity mode where the screen could work with almost anything as a stylus I probably would've got it. Maybe next year. It is a really nice phone. First metal phone that actually felt. All these people whining for metal phones I don't understand. The metal is so thin on them they feel like plastic/tin roof when tap on them and they dent and scratch really easy. I was really impressed with HTC m8 quality but not enough there to justify spending $600 on when I have a note3 and moto x of which I still owe about $100 on. Seriously may consider the next HTC one model next year if it's 64bit and the camera module is at least 8MP, hopefully 10mp+, but has at least same quality pics as the 4mp ultra pixel. That was another downside as I need to zoom in on my pics and need the detail sometimes. Such a shame because HTC really came with it on the m8.

sent from my sm-9005.

The GN3 got 32GB because Samsung decided to offer it that way, and only later on offered a 16GB version as a lower priced version in certain markets outside of the US. It became apparent that the US carriers wouldn't sell 32GB versions if Samsung still offered 16GB. So the answer is Samsung should only offer 32GB as the base storage on any phone and the Note should become 64GB as the base to make it "premium".

At this point the GN3 vs GS5, I am going to get the GN3 its still a high powered S800 processor, has more RAM, has a bigger display though that isn't the draw for me. But overall power and features are and the HRM is not a big draw and neither is the fingerprint scanner since US carriers are once again screwing with Android phones and leaving apple crap alone. Samsung needs to put their foot down or they will simply lose marketshare to those who offer better ways around the carriers.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I would blame the carriers more than manufacturers. Note3 has 32gb. Eh, but i could be wrong.

sent from my sm-9005.

I don't go through carriers... I buy my phone outright...
Note 3 was 32gb, yes but how about the S5? Bet they've gone back to the 16gb variant... Which means a 32gb one will be hard to find and 64gb is like the Loch Ness Monster - everyone's heard about it, there's pictures but no-one's seen it themselves...

KruseLudsMobile

Sep 12, 2004
Ridgewood, NJ
www.linkedin.com
Yes and there was a 64GB Note 3 listed as one of the models available but no matter how much I looked I could never find it either - anywhere on the planet - it was the Loch Ness Monster.

Sent from my Galaxy Note III; Previous owner/hacker of Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus, Droid X, HTC HD2, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Tilt, HTC 8525, O2 XDA II, O2 XDA.

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
I think an earlier poster on this thread or another note thread said that he got a 64gb Note 3 in NY.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
The 64gb are usually sold in small asian countries for some reason. They're not compatible here with LTE and even if you can find one expect to pay a lot of pennies. Like double or triple.

sent from my sm-9005.

Last edited:

rickh925

May 31, 2007
Canton, GA
I don't really see how torrents will mess up flash memory more than normal downloads. It's a single write followed by reads when you're seeding. When does it do multiple writes?

The problem with BitTorrent is that it is downloading very small segments of the file in an extremely random order. I don't know what size the sector or cell size is for the 128gb card, but if it is larger than the batches of data that the bittorrent client commits to disk, you could end up with partial fills of the NAND cells. Then, when the client writes the next block of data to the SD card, the controller has to read the cell, erase the cell, and then write the new data.

I dont' know enough about the bittorrent protocol itself, but I wonder if preallocating the file helps keep it in order on the physical disk instead of the disk just dropping the bits where the controller wants as they come in?

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
it's gonna continue to fall (to be obvious) once other manufacturers start producing their own and Sandisk starts producing Extreme/Pro versions of the card.

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
I had that thought myself. At first I thought it would be difficult to fill my 64gb card but now I will need one of these cards.

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
Do we really need those speeds in our cards these days though even with 4k recording?

sd97cl

Jan 8, 2011
Issues Formatting

Is anybody having issues formatting the card? I cannot access the memory card when I plug it into my laptop. It keeps telling me to format the card but I keep getting a error saying " windows was unable to complete the format ". I've tried multiple programs but still failed to format the card.

When I put it into my phone, I can transfer files from pc to phone but some of my applications cannot access files on my memory card. Can anybody please help?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
Is anybody having issues formatting the card? I cannot access the memory card when I plug it into my laptop. It keeps telling me to format the card but I keep getting a error saying " windows was unable to complete the format ". I've tried multiple programs but still failed to format the card.

When I put it into my phone, I can transfer files from pc to phone but some of my applications cannot access files on my memory card. Can anybody please help?

It's messed up, you need to get an exchange, you can't do anything with it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note that I ordered the 128 GB Sandisk micro-sd from Best Buy Tuesday and received it overnight yesterday. I installed in on my Note 3 without doing anything to it (no reformat or anything) with zero issues. I loaded it with about 14,500 songs at 256 kbps and still had about 6 GB left. Songs play fine. Card writing was FAST.
    128GB for $99.95

B&H Have it for $99.95 offer ends June 2,2014. FREE shipping!

SanDisk 128GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I with microSD Adapter

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1034096-REG/sandisk_sdsdqui_128g_a46_128gb_ultra_micro_sdxc.html
    Man, as long as I've followed this kind of thread (which for the record is since 2gb micro SD cards came out) I've seen people post links to SD cards. C'mon people, get with the program :p
    In the next few years some manufacturers in particular Samsung might quit with memory card slots especially as Google seems to want an end to it and security concerns make it a necessity. I hope not but they might therefore you might not get that 256-512. I am a digital hoarder to but this is the first card I have ever doubted that I might need. I have a 64gb coming (my second one) and I am wondering if I don't need a 128gb instead.

I'm sorry, but what "security concerns" are you talking about?
    Are you repeating Google's propaganda? For your information Google end SD card support in all of their devices a while ago, since it's against their business model, they make money from advertising so they want people to be on their cloud servers all the time so they can sell advertising and SD cards get in the way.
    Samsung sells hardware so Google business model is not their problem and frankly they are trying to come out with their own OS, Tizen.
    I get rid of Android and Google before I get rid of SD cards.
    As far as your 128GB card dilemma, to me it's very simple: either you still have space on your 64GB card and don't need 128, or your 64 GB is not enough and you need more. I still have space on mine, so can wait with upgrading to 128GB, but once vacation time comes up, I'll have no choice, to fit all the video and pics I expect to take even 128GB may be not enough.
    If you want one, order one now from Amazon, it's currently $119 (you can still order it even though it's OOS), not sure how long the price will last (Amazon usually changes the price especially if many are sold while OOS)

It's $200 (MSRP) at BestBuy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIJ6W4S

it's currently an exclusive to Amazon and BestBuy in the US