• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

128GB microSDXC card availability?

Search This thread

d12unk13astard

Aug 5, 2010
Bakersucks
Is anybody having issues formatting the card? I cannot access the memory card when I plug it into my laptop. It keeps telling me to format the card but I keep getting a error saying " windows was unable to complete the format ". I've tried multiple programs but still failed to format the card.

When I put it into my phone, I can transfer files from pc to phone but some of my applications cannot access files on my memory card. Can anybody please help?

rma it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
Just picked uo one of these up, formatted the card to fat32 and while the storage volume is excellent( I carry a lot of flac files), these cards are nowhere near as fast as my former 64gb Samsung pro class 10 card.

For example, backing up using TB, transferring download folder to SD card, and playing music with Poweramp/viper and browsing Tapatalk stress test. The 128gb card will stutter a bit on the audio, whereas the Samsung card would handle all the data no problem.

Just a heads up when buying for reference.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Is anybody having issues formatting the card? I cannot access the memory card when I plug it into my laptop. It keeps telling me to format the card but I keep getting a error saying " windows was unable to complete the format ". I've tried multiple programs but still failed to format the card.

When I put it into my phone, I can transfer files from pc to phone but some of my applications cannot access files on my memory card. Can anybody please help?

Have you tried fat32format GUI version?

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?fat32format.htm

sacky73

Sep 12, 2011
For anyone interested amazon is having a huge sale on microsd cards the 64gb SanDisk are going for $29.99. Hard to beat that.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note that I ordered the 128 GB Sandisk micro-sd from Best Buy Tuesday and received it overnight yesterday. I installed in on my Note 3 without doing anything to it (no reformat or anything) with zero issues. I loaded it with about 14,500 songs at 256 kbps and still had about 6 GB left. Songs play fine. Card writing was FAST.
    128GB for $99.95

B&H Have it for $99.95 offer ends June 2,2014. FREE shipping!

SanDisk 128GB microSDXC Memory Card Ultra Class 10 UHS-I with microSD Adapter

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1034096-REG/sandisk_sdsdqui_128g_a46_128gb_ultra_micro_sdxc.html
    Man, as long as I've followed this kind of thread (which for the record is since 2gb micro SD cards came out) I've seen people post links to SD cards. C'mon people, get with the program :p
    In the next few years some manufacturers in particular Samsung might quit with memory card slots especially as Google seems to want an end to it and security concerns make it a necessity. I hope not but they might therefore you might not get that 256-512. I am a digital hoarder to but this is the first card I have ever doubted that I might need. I have a 64gb coming (my second one) and I am wondering if I don't need a 128gb instead.

I'm sorry, but what "security concerns" are you talking about?
    Are you repeating Google's propaganda? For your information Google end SD card support in all of their devices a while ago, since it's against their business model, they make money from advertising so they want people to be on their cloud servers all the time so they can sell advertising and SD cards get in the way.
    Samsung sells hardware so Google business model is not their problem and frankly they are trying to come out with their own OS, Tizen.
    I get rid of Android and Google before I get rid of SD cards.
    As far as your 128GB card dilemma, to me it's very simple: either you still have space on your 64GB card and don't need 128, or your 64 GB is not enough and you need more. I still have space on mine, so can wait with upgrading to 128GB, but once vacation time comes up, I'll have no choice, to fit all the video and pics I expect to take even 128GB may be not enough.
    If you want one, order one now from Amazon, it's currently $119 (you can still order it even though it's OOS), not sure how long the price will last (Amazon usually changes the price especially if many are sold while OOS)

It's $200 (MSRP) at BestBuy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIJ6W4S

it's currently an exclusive to Amazon and BestBuy in the US