[CLOSED][27.07.23] N986B I N985F/DS I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 5.1 I OneUI 4.1 I OneUI 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
ChangeLog R03 (N986B/N985F)

(Update : There is new version R03_New.
Basic features remain same as R03. Read This for R03_New change log)
  • Based on N986BXXU1DUB6 Feb2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
  • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
  • Magisk updated to latest stable
  • GoodLock & Quick Star updated
  • AdFree host file updated
  • Vanced manager updated
  • More apps debloated (download area have restore files if needed
  • Custom fonts available in debloating folder of download area
  • All the other features of previous version will remain same.
  • Samsung Base ChangeLog

Calendar
- Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
- Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
Camera
- The performance of Camera has been improved
Display
- Eye comfort shield function has been added.
- The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
Buds Auto Switching
- Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
Reminder
- Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
Share Sheet
- It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
Social Platform
- Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
- The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
Photo Editor
- Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
- Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.

TweaksPro recommended version is 2.0.7 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
- Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
- Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
- Auto Call Record (See below ROM Tool)
- Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
- Removed carrier bloatwares
- QuickStar without CSC dependency
- More secure OEM patch.
- High Volume warning disabled
- Dual SIM + SD card pre patched
- Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
- Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
- Internet browser Secret mode
- S Health patch for using with rooted device.
- ROM Tool with following Options
    • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
      5. Show/Hide multiple SB Icons & Clock position (Quick Star) (Needs R update to work)
    • ROM Control - See below
    • GoodLock
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record (No CSC limitations)
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. SafetyNet Fix
      5. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      6. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
      7. Remove red text warning msg from bootsplash.
    • Update & Fix
- ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- Wallapaper setting not available because of debloating accidentally file. Kindly flash
AR_Zone_Emoji_WallPaper.zip from Download/Bloatware folder
- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
: Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210219-233238_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210219-233238_Settings.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

chaobuoisang

Mar 7, 2016
Dear Dr,
Thanks for your great rom
I flashed R03, it is all good, but I cannot set as wallpaper for new picture as home screen or lock screen,
Pls let me know what should I do for this problem
Thank you

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
R03 is online now.
Must read ChangeLog here . Also to note, previous TWRP won't work on R03.

@dr.ketan I am still hunting for root of n985f, not tried yet with instructions and twrp fro post 337 in your root manual. I see nowhere instruct for installing newest rom... You say old twrp not work, which work (one from #337)?
Also, n985f not got this oneui 3.1 rom, can it go with this based on newest n986b rom?
Thanks a lot. Probably I am boring with those questions for N985F, but ai am sure not only me searching for any support for 4g device...
Regards

dr.ketan

So you fixed the issue?

@ R03 Users
Wallapaper setting not available because of debloating accidentally file.
Kindly flash AR_Zone_Emoji_WallPaper.zip from Download/Bloatware folder
Sorry for inconvenience.
Adding this info to ChangeLog if anyone ask later.

dr.ketan

@dr.ketan I am still hunting for root of n985f, not tried yet with instructions and twrp fro post 337 in your root manual. I see nowhere instruct for installing newest rom... You say old twrp not work, which work (one from #337)?
Also, n985f not got this oneui 3.1 rom, can it go with this based on newest n986b rom?
Thanks a lot. Probably I am boring with those questions for N985F, but ai am sure not only me searching for any support for 4g device...
Regards
You can Flash R03 on N985 (Flash N985 bootloader and modem for R) Though I have yet not received reports but it was working on earlier versions.
Follow installation instruction in ROM download area, you can use N986B TWRP, rest of thing will be managed by it's own depending on your device. (Don't forget to apply ROM Tool - Essential Fix as soon as dvice boots after flashing ROM)

Reactions: ivanox1972

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Regards
I flashed R03 to my n985f ( rom is for both phones models N986B I N985F/DS )
rom here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rnnj34jyq93shxn/N986B_N985F_DrKetanROM_R03.zip/file
twrp here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1dbm..._10-A11_6_ianmacd_Feb21_extract_this.zip/file
Installing instructions here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/hdtwkf1l2bh1p9h/Installation_Guide_R%23%23.txt/file

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
On which stock rom you was in that moment when install r03 dr.ketan rom?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N986B/N985F Dr.Ketan ROM

Supported device : N986B N985F

We do support usually 2-3 years since device launched, but yet no guarantee, We may drop support for any device / any variant/s anytime without any prior notice.

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    corsicanu for TWRP. Original Thread here
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA:DevDB Information

N986B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Contributors
    dr.ketan, Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 13
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-08-27
    Dear friends
    Sorry for not available on xda since nearly 3 wks because of medical urgency. Now all good but still covid situation in my city is horrible (second wave) and becauses of pending work as well too much hospital workload, it may still take one or two weeks more to full come back on xda.
    Thank you everyone for support and patience.
    Regards
    ChangeLog

Android Q
    - Q01 - 27.08.2020 - Initial release
    - Q02 - Only Test release
    - Q03 - 11.09.2020
    - Q04 - 21.09.2020
    - Q05 - 10.10.2020
    - Q06 - 11.10.2020

Android R(Beta)
    - RB1 - 27.10.2020
    - RB2 - 29.10.2020
    - RB3 - 06.11.2020
    - RB4 - 12.11.2020

- RB5 - 04.12.2020

Android R (Stable)
    -
    R01 - 19.12.2020
    - R02 - 06.01.2021

OneUI 3.1
    -
    R03 - 19.02.2021
    - R04 - 15.03.2021
    - R05 - 27.03.2021
    - R06 - 02.05.2021
    - R07 - 12.06.2021
    - R08 - 10.07.2021
    - R09 - 14.08.2021
    - R10 - 09.09.2021
    - R11 - 17.10.2021
    - R12 - 08.11.2021

Android S (A12) OneUI 4.0 (Beta)
    - SB1 - 16.11.2021

Android S (A12) OneUI 4.0 (Stable)
    -
    S01 - 30.12.2021
    - S02 - 18.01.2022
    - S03 - 31.01.2022
    - S04 - 06.02.2022

Android S (A12) OneUI 4.1
    - S05 - 20.03.2022
    - S06 - 16.04.2022
    - S07 - 17.05.2022
    - S08 - 13.06.2022
    - S09 - 14.07.2022
    - S10 - 08.08.2022
    - S11 - 28.09.2022

Android T(A13) OneUI 5.0
    -
    T01 - 11.11.2022
    - T02 - 19.12.2022
    - T03 - 23.01.2023
    - T04 - 09.02.2023

Android T(A13) OneUI 5.1
    -
    T05 - 21.02.2023
    - T06 - 16.03.2023
    - T07 - 24.04.2023
    - T08 - 14.05.2023
    - T09 - 24.06.2023
    - T10 - 27.07.2023

How to report bugs/Issue?
    To report issue, you needs to provide following informations, else it will be ignored. Also if your query is already mentioned on OP/ChangeLogg post, it will be ignored.
    1.ROM build number.
    2.Dirty/Clean Install. - If you have dirty installed, Then first clean install and report if issue persists.
    3.Bug/Issue appears right after installing or later?
    4.How to reproduce error.
    5.Is there any same reports there on thread on your searching?
    6.Is there any mention about same bug on OP or changeLog post?
    7.Logs - Attach logs here/Upload to other places where it can be downloaded without registration and doesn't have ad (we recommend dropbox/Gdrive) and post link.
    After some workaround found a way to use TWRP on A12, I am in touch with Ian regarding this for final fix and public release.

Edit : Made backup of SB1 and worked like a charm, yet restore not tested though.

Screenshot_2021-11-29-11-59-18.png Screenshot_20211130-032646_Root Explorer.jpg
    ChangeLog R03 (N986B/N985F)

(Update : There is new version R03_New.
    Basic features remain same as R03. Read This for R03_New change log)
    • Based on N986BXXU1DUB6 Feb2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
    • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
    • Magisk updated to latest stable
    • GoodLock & Quick Star updated
    • AdFree host file updated
    • Vanced manager updated
    • More apps debloated (download area have restore files if needed
    • Custom fonts available in debloating folder of download area
    • All the other features of previous version will remain same.
    • Samsung Base ChangeLog

Calendar
    - Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
    - Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
    Camera
    - The performance of Camera has been improved
    Display
    - Eye comfort shield function has been added.
    - The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
    Buds Auto Switching
    - Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
    Reminder
    - Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
    Share Sheet
    - It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
    Social Platform
    - Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
    - The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
    Photo Editor
    - Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
    - Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.

TweaksPro recommended version is 2.0.7 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call Record (See below ROM Tool)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - QuickStar without CSC dependency
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Dual SIM + SD card pre patched
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
      • Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
      • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
      • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
      • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
        1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
        2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
      • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
      • StatusBar Icons
        1. Show/Hide stock battery
        2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
        3. show/hide stock clock
        4. show/hide 3minit clock
        5. Show/Hide multiple SB Icons & Clock position (Quick Star) (Needs R update to work)
      • ROM Control - See below
      • GoodLock
      • Mods & Fix
        1. Auto Call Record (No CSC limitations)
        2. Titanium backup FC fix
        3. Google Pay Fix
        4. SafetyNet Fix
        5. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
        6. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
        7. Remove red text warning msg from bootsplash.
      • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
      • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
      • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- Wallapaper setting not available because of debloating accidentally file. Kindly flash
    AR_Zone_Emoji_WallPaper.zip from Download/Bloatware folder
    - 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Installation
    : Refer to Installation note available in ROM download area.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.