Question 13 beta battery life

Search This thread

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I would say that it is not as good as A12 stable. However, this could just be due to that fact that it is still a beta image. There will be an official release of A13 images in the near future. So, if I were you, I would wait until the official release before updating.

kevinireland11

Apr 10, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
Battery life is miles better on A13 it's hard for me to kill the battery on A13, after a full 12 hours I still have around 20-30% left, and that's with music and YouTube and cod mobile and daily use of course

thedarkmunk

Dec 9, 2010
I'm unsure if i have a dodgy handset because I had crappy battery life on both A12 and A13.
That being said, I did get my phone near enough launch so unsure if it's just a weird early batch

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I'm unsure if i have a dodgy handset because I had crappy battery life on both A12 and A13.
That being said, I did get my phone near enough launch so unsure if it's just a weird early batch
You probably don't have a dodgy handset.

I know that people most generally, skeptically ignore my comments on cases and heat retention being one of the worst contributing factors to the shorter battery life on some Pixel 6 devices - but it's disturbingly true. At the end of a day with light usage, my phone is usually sitting between 10-20% battery remaining. But, if I remove my case for a day over the weekend and put my phone through the same usage pattern (or possibly more), the battery is usually sitting between 20-40% by nightfall.

I kid ya not, but heat retention with this particular phone happens to cause the battery to drain faster than many may find fit =). And just a pro tip, but generally speaking, any phone chips manufactured by Samsung tend to generate a bit more heat than the alternative chips that are available.

*Edit* - To clarify, Google's Tensor chip was indeed manufactured by Samsung.

*Edit 2.0* - I had forgotten to mention that leaving 5G enabled also has a relatively large impact on the battery drain when the device's temperature stays high. So, if you have battery problems, try disabling 5G before bed and see what happens with your battery usage the following day.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
Battery life is abysmal on the stock 12. I keep reading that Google is running tons of services in the background but have no proof of that. If so and if they are for marketing rather than usability, Google should rethink its strategy, because, after this, I am not getting yet another Pixel. I swore the same after the Pixel 3XL, but this time I have learned my lesson.

I love the camera and it would be a great phone for traveling, but if I use Maps and take 20-40 photos, the P6P dies in about 6 hrs. If I listen to Youtube with the screen off, it dies even sooner.

I even turn off 5G, which should not be required on a phone for which I paid over $1k.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
I know that people most generally, skeptically ignore my comments on cases and heat retention being one of the worst contributing factors to the shorter battery life on some Pixel 6 devices - but it's disturbingly true. At the end of a day with light usage, my phone is usually sitting between 10-20% battery remaining. But, if I remove my case for a day over the weekend and put my phone through the same usage pattern (or possibly more), the battery is usually sitting between 20-40% by nightfall.
The battery life is really terrible and I have the feeling that those who are happy come from older Pixels with even worse batteries.

I will try it without a case for a few days. I looked for bumpers only and while there are some nice aluminum ones for the iPhone, there is nothing for the Pixels. So if you are right and battery life is better without a case, we don't even have the option of protecting just the edges :(

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011

I kid ya not, but heat retention with this particular phone happens to cause the battery to drain faster than many may find fit =). And just a pro tip, but generally speaking, any phone chips manufactured by Samsung tend to generate a bit more heat than the alternative chips that are available.

*Edit 2.0* - I had forgotten to mention that leaving 5G enabled also has a relatively large impact on the battery drain when the device's temperature stays high. So, if you have battery problems, try disabling 5G before bed and see what happens with your battery usage the following day.
Exynos chips are notoriously hot and Google have basically made an even hotter one by giving Tensor two X-1 cores.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
I tried using the phone without a case for a couple of days and did not notice any improvement in terms of battery life.

I just updated to Android 13 final OTA and am crossing my fingers that there is at least some battery life optimization since Google must be aware of all the complaints.

Such a large battery should last considerably longer than it does on the Pixel 6 Pro.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the 13 beta 4.1 is better than 12 in terms of battery life?
    How is the battery life for heavy users?
    How does being corpulent have anything to do with battery life?

Exynos chips are notoriously hot and Google have basically made an even hotter one by giving Tensor two X-1 cores.

13 stable on my phone takes forever to charge the battery doesn't matter if it's wireless or with the cord.. Totally blows