• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [14.07.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread

timofonic

My ROM doesn't touch any CSC, so it will remain same if you already have activated through changing CSC.
Also My ROM have built in manual call record option available by default which is working on any CSC. Tool having extra benefit (along with other plenty of options) is you can use it on stock ROM with any CSC.

That's nice to know. But from my experience trying 15+ call record apps, all have issues. I'll show a few of them, the most common ones:
- They record calls using the microphone. If you mute your own microphone, the other part of the call not gets recorded.
- If you are in a call and a new call gets accepted, both calls get merged in the audio.
- Issues putting the number of the call. Sometimes random contact, others a random number.
- Some calls not get recorded.
- Low quality audio, inaudible or low volume.

I don't know what call recorded you put. Maybe because using Magisk and such, it uses root features that make these issues gone.

Thanks a lot for your reply!

PS: I'll try this weekend to install your ROM. TWRP works, but the previous installed ROM (stock from Indonesia) doesn't). I'll research about it.

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
Are any of you guys using the XDA version of the ROM and with the Wakelock fix enabled noticing that after some time the wakelock starts going hayware by itself?

adfd68a8-f904-422d-bb93-3e595288e3ee.jpeg

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Are any of you guys using the XDA version of the ROM and with the Wakelock fix enabled noticing that after some time the wakelock starts going hayware by itself?
If it showing 61 wakelock in 21 hrs then it is normal. As explained in previous page still wakelock will happen while screen is on on XDA version, but that doesn't make much drainage as device is alrteady awake.
Once try disabling fix and keep device in pocket and walk for few minutes, it will show difference.
Also I suggest you to use BBS instead of Gsam app and look into Partial wakelocks, which will show better stats and battery drain with wakelocks

bmonteiro

May 8, 2015
If it showing 61 wakelock in 21 hrs then it is normal. As explained in previous page still wakelock will happen while screen is on on XDA version, but that doesn't make much drainage as device is alrteady awake.
Once try disabling fix and keep device in pocket and walk for few minutes, it will show difference.
Also I suggest you to use BBS instead of Gsam app and look into Partial wakelocks, which will show better stats and battery drain with wakelocks

Thank you. Will do.

sco00262

Mar 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I'm having lock screen issue after reboot. If i set any secure lock like 4 numbers .fingerprint....., i'll get situation like the file attached. Only slide to unlock will be fine. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 20210612_060632.mp4
    34.9 MB · Views: 0

timofonic

Right? They just can't understand... So many people from so many countries and different languages and most ask for help and supply with supportive stuff in their own language. Like we are all obliged to speak everyone's languages..

That's one of the reasons all MY devices are in English, preferably American one (I prefer words such as "favorite" instead "favourite", for example).

Reactions: babyboy3265

n-j-f

Your phone having both eSIM and Dual Sim menu option is some sort of mistake and likely just due to a regional bug in the software. Once you install the ROM and change the CSC (region) then the simcard options will likely just be DS.
Just looking to clarify. I haven't rooted yet but my 998B/DS has both dual SIM and eSIM. When I switch to eSIM, which I did when I went to the US last month and used an Ubigi eSIM, it switched off the second SIM and when I got back and turned on the second SIM, it switched off the eSIM. TLDR: I can choose dual SIM or primary SIM plus eSIM. That's not something I am willing to give up if you are saying installing Dr Ketan's ROM will take this away.

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Just looking to clarify. I haven't rooted yet but my 998B/DS has both dual SIM and eSIM. When I switch to eSIM, which I did when I went to the US last month and used an Ubigi eSIM, it switched off the second SIM and when I got back and turned on the second SIM, it switched off the eSIM. TLDR: I can choose dual SIM or primary SIM plus eSIM. That's not something I am willing to give up if you are saying installing Dr Ketan's ROM will take this away.
Well that is indeed peculiar. If you went to the US and the esim function worked, then it is not a bug as i initially thought. The strange thing is that we have the same model phone but I don't have the esim option. However, my CSC is EUR. And yours must be different. Installing the KETAN rom does not change the CSC so logically the esim option would remain there. But @dr.ketan should confirm just in case.

n-j-f

Well that is indeed peculiar. If you went to the US and the esim function worked, then it is not a bug as i initially thought. The strange thing is that we have the same model phone but I don't have the esim option. However, my CSC is EUR. And yours must be different. Installing the KETAN rom does not change the CSC so logically the esim option would remain there. But @dr.ketan should confirm just in case.

I imported mine from Amazon Germany. My service provider software version is
SAOMC_SM-998B_OXM_DBT_RR_0010
DBT/DBT.DBT/EUX/DBT

I just assumed mine was the same as all other 998B from Europe. Makes it even more difficult when sourcing a phone if you cannot be sure what you are getting.

I was really pleased I could use an eSIM in the US as I did not have to try and find a local SIM and when I am home I normally use two local SIMs.

EDIT: By the way, Samsung Germany has a good record of replying to questions about specification of new phones asked on Amazon.de. They even answered a couple of mine before I bought it.

Last edited:

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
@dr.ketan Hi Doc! How can i disable fullscreen gesture? Long press to disable isn't working in tweaks pro.

Edit: All good now.
I also just turned it on and wanted it off immediately but long press and reboot doesn't work.

Go to the settings of the phone, then disable and re-enable the nav bar and press whatever you see and it will re-appear.

Edit: I noticed you figured it out but I don't know how to delete my post now :D

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
I have 2 question regarding the ROM tool PRO.

1. has anyone tried the battery protector option that charges it to 85% max and is it safe?

2. Has anyone tried turning on the volume boost options and what is the difference? Any issues?

zmajns

Jun 13, 2021
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since I am using dr ketans roms for a long time and never encountered this, I will try. I am trying to do a backup via TitaniumBackup and I simply can't copy the folder with files. Seems permission related, I tried some suggestions like chmod 755 via twrp, but it doesn't do the trick. If I copy something into the folder, I can copy those files out, but the files that are made my TitaniumBackup on the device, I can't. It just says "something went wrong"

zmajns

Jun 13, 2021
It is possible that Titanium Backup is too old for Android 11. The last update of this app was at the end of '19. I also had problems with restoring apps and app datas. There is a better and newer app to make backups. Its called Swift Backup.
I don't know, it seems to still be a de facto standard. @dr.ketan since tb is included, can the folder be unlocked by default in some newer version of rom, or maybe via Pro Tools for subscribers?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Testing R07 now (Based on July Security patch)
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210714-021854_Settings.jpg

It's 5 min job to create twrp flashable zip for bootloader and modem, but it always carry high risk of bricking device. If bootloader file is corrupted, and suppose you flash using twrp, your device will hard brick and only way is to replace mobo
    That's the reason, I never provide twrp flashable bootloader. My bootloader files always comes in md5, so in case you have corrupt Download, odin will failed to flash to protect your device.
    So, in sort never expect twrp flashable bootloader by me.
    ChangeLog R07

• Based on G998BXXU3AUG4 July 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
    • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
    • Added Auto Call Record without CSC dependency (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    • Option for Native speed meter without CSC dependency added to ROM Tool - statusbar icons
    • Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix) Here details about issue. (Pro user don't use this fix)
    Samsung base update ChangeLog :
    • The performance of Camera has been improved

IMPORTANT : New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.

TweaksPro recommended version is 1.0.2 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - SafetyNet Pre-fixed
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
      5. Show/Hide Native internet speed meter
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
      6. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      7. Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix)
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
      • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
      • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide : (File included in ROM zip itself)
    Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
    Installation guide included in zip inside
    Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
    How?
    Doesn't work for me. I'm on latest R07, using LSposed Magisk module and that seems to have broken the SafetyNet.
    I have tested LSposed yday for other purpose and safetynet passing with it too. Also GooglePay working fine here too.
    Regarding your old query about, dual message screen bootloop is newly implemented security since A11. As of now only Pro version have experimental fix.

Screenshot_20210719-021235_LSPosed.jpg
    R07 is Online now. Must read changelog here

G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Testing R07 now (Based on July Security patch)
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210714-021854_Settings.jpg

R05 is Online now.

Read ChangeLog here

New Installation guide packed inside ROM zip itself.