• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Development [14.07.21] G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM I OneUI 3.1

Search This thread
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but since I am using dr ketans roms for a long time and never encountered this, I will try. I am trying to do a backup via TitaniumBackup and I simply can't copy the folder with files. Seems permission related, I tried some suggestions like chmod 755 via twrp, but it doesn't do the trick. If I copy something into the folder, I can copy those files out, but the files that are made my TitaniumBackup on the device, I can't. It just says "something went wrong"
I've had the same issue some time ago. I'll leave the link to my post with the solution https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solved-cant-copy-titanium-backup-files-to-pc.4257023/

Feb 24, 2013
Nijmegen
S21 Ultra is dead, beyond repair. "An error occurred while updating the device software" on the blue download screen. Can't power down..... So, prolly back to Pixel 5 and leave the S21 Ultra for dead ?!

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
S21 Ultra is dead, beyond repair. "An error occurred while updating the device software" on the blue download screen. Can't power down..... So, prolly back to Pixel 5 and leave the S21 Ultra for dead ?!
Did you flash the image file?
Sounds like you have missed a crucial step somewhere, never seen this error before.

Reactions: babyboy3265

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
Thanks for the help. I still can't suss it. I've checked through all ROM settings, and no luck. I can't install goodlock, it says unavailable in my region. I've never used it. And it seems to be quite a recent problem but can't figure out what's causing it at all. Every few hours, AOD disables itself, and I like it all the time, it's maddening. 😔😔
Look for a good-lock that is open in all regions, I have heard it exists. If you cannot find one, you can do what I did:

0. Install Good-lock.
1. Remove SIM cards.
2. Clear Galaxy Store Data and Good-Lock Data.
3. Use a VPN and connect to USA. I connected to Dallas with NORDVPN.
4. Open Good-lock and download the AOD extension.
5. Hopefully, enjoy.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Error screen still allow to flash stock firmware by Odin

Feb 24, 2013
Nijmegen
@babyboy3265 and @dr.ketan : ofcourse tried that yesterday eevning, no succes. The process of flashing through Odin halts on flashing the super.img from stock rom. Yep, I tried Freija, Odin etc.

Only thing I'm gonna try: different laptop/PC with different cable (used 2 different cables already yesterday eevning). I'll keep you updated on how's developing.

@babyboy3265: I'v been customizing the phones I had every time untill now. Never had this error before, 1st timer for me too.

[edit] Succes! Back @ stock. Used PC, other cable [/edit]

Last edited:

Srbija2012

Apr 12, 2012
Canberra
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
@babyboy3265 and @dr.ketan : ofcourse tried that yesterday eevning, no succes. The process of flashing through Odin halts on flashing the super.img from stock rom. Yep, I tried Freija, Odin etc.

Only thing I'm gonna try: different laptop/PC with different cable (used 2 different cables already yesterday eevning). I'll keep you updated on how's developing.

@babyboy3265: I'v been customizing the phones I had every time untill now. Never had this error before, 1st timer for me too.

[edit] Succes! Back @ stock. Used PC, other cable [/edit]
Good, now get back on the S21 and get rid of that other POS Pixel.. haha

• Haha

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
New update? What?

I want to use all bandwidth of Internet connections.

Is it possible?
Yes, currently we are running Ketan R06 which is based on the AUF2 update. But now they just released the AUF6 which according to what I just read has some further performance improvements.

Let's see when the Doc. will find time for the R07.

And what do you mean you want the bandwidth of all internet connections? Like, do you want to unite the wifi and mobile data and to max out on speeds?

Core2k-

Jan 5, 2021
It's complex thing. Answer depends on why you want to restore and your current setup.
Routinely, we do needs boot,recovery,super,optics and data
Now suppose you have messed up something in system, restoring super is fine. In case you have something weird in data (usually happens while you playing with lot setting/third party user app etc and got messed up) - Here restoring data is fine.
In case you want to move on previous version of ROM, restore everything, boot,recovery,super,data,optics + Bootloader and modem of previous ROM. Here again a catch, sometimes, samsung blocks downgrading BL and Modem, in that case you can't move.
So, backup Boot,Recovery,Optics,super,Data and restore according your needs.
Thx for your answer. i have now backup with follow options: Boot,Recovery,Data,modem,optics,Optics Image,Super

Is this Setting Okay? I only want to have this backup for security reasons if I change something and then something no longer works as it should.

sco00262

Mar 12, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Right? They just can't understand... So many people from so many countries and different languages and most ask for help and supply with supportive stuff in their own language. Like we are all obliged to speak everyone's languages..
Okay... my bad. Since i'm not with G998B and there isn't one G9980 custom rom here, I'll keep it myself then ,thanks for the time.

timofonic

Yes, currently we are running Ketan R06 which is based on the AUF2 update. But now they just released the AUF6 which according to what I just read has some further performance improvements.

Nice to know!

And what do you mean you want the bandwidth of all internet connections? Like, do you want to unite the wifi and mobile data and to max out on speeds?

Yes. I did this with my old venerable Samsung Galaxy S7.

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor

If same csc doesn't get update (uf2 to uf6) then there is no any extra fix but similar update for different csc and need not to update base. Probably within a wk or 10 days,there may be a July update. I don't find any reason to update UF6
Believe me, regarding battery there is nothing better than already you applied wakelock fix. Even UF6 still have those f* wakelock and draining.

Last edited:

AV1985

Jul 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Thanks for the help. I still can't suss it. I've checked through all ROM settings, and no luck. I can't install goodlock, it says unavailable in my region. I've never used it. And it seems to be quite a recent problem but can't figure out what's causing it at all. Every few hours, AOD disables itself, and I like it all the time, it's maddening. 😔😔
Thank you, I figured it out!

timofonic

I fiddled with the config, now SafetyNet attestation NO longer pass.

I wanted some extra features, such as autoredial. It works, but the system crashed a couple times.

I want to "discover" the secrets of S21u and get the maximum features, but I suspect I need to find a different approach.

Now the bank app crashes, for example :(

Any way to fix it without need to reflash? Thanks a lot in advance and sorry. I used SetEdit app, I exported the config as a json file (only format available). I can't import files, unfortunately.

Dark Mode gets eventually disabled, no idea why as I configured it even in developer options too. I want it always, I even prefer Unix terminal style (green foreground, black background) but better this than nothing.

Any hopes for a custom kernel based on latest ones? What's the status of GPU drivers and drivers for other stuff in this mobile?

Attachments

• SetEdit-1624195935081-last.json
    15.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Hellow Doc, pleased to see U here but I ve a problem.
    Unlocked bootloader and intalled twrp as explained but i m not abble to put the super img file on my internal memory.
    I VE formatted data and i m able to put the rom zip file but not the img.
    I dont understand.
    Thanks for your help.
    Maybee i can use my note 9 to do usb otg but i dont know how😔
    You can't move the file due to its size. Transfer it via a different ROM.
    Testing R07 now (Based on July Security patch)
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210714-021854_Settings.jpg

It's 5 min job to create twrp flashable zip for bootloader and modem, but it always carry high risk of bricking device. If bootloader file is corrupted, and suppose you flash using twrp, your device will hard brick and only way is to replace mobo
    That's the reason, I never provide twrp flashable bootloader. My bootloader files always comes in md5, so in case you have corrupt Download, odin will failed to flash to protect your device.
    So, in sort never expect twrp flashable bootloader by me.
    ChangeLog R07

• Based on G998BXXU3AUG4 July 2021 security patch OneUI 3.1
    • SafetyNet fix will auto apply with ROM Tool essential fix. Don't use any other safetynet fix
    • Added Auto Call Record without CSC dependency (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    • Option for Native speed meter without CSC dependency added to ROM Tool - statusbar icons
    • Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix) Here details about issue. (Pro user don't use this fix)
    Samsung base update ChangeLog :
    • The performance of Camera has been improved

IMPORTANT : New base have updated bootloader so if you are running previous base, you must needs to update Bootloader & Modem else device won't boot. BL and Modem included in ROM zip with separate instructions.

TweaksPro recommended version is 1.0.2 or up

ROM Features

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - SafetyNet Pre-fixed
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Removed many stubs & common bloatwares (tried to preserve most functions though)
    - Removed carrier bloatwares
    - More secure OEM patch.
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options

• Long Press Home customization : Select Device assistance as LP Home from settings, then select if you want to use it to assign to any
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
      5. Show/Hide Native internet speed meter
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. Option to freeze CID manage (If some CSC have SIM change popup)
      6. Remove warning screen on bootsplash.
      7. Camera wakelock fix (stanby bettry drain fix)
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)

• Battery Bar with thickness and color option
      • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
      • Virtual Key with Toggle (Lt side - Menu, Rt side - Power, Centre - Home)
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Installation Guide : (File included in ROM zip itself)
    Requirement : G998B with TWRP installed
    Installation guide included in zip inside
    Download and extract zip - It have all required files. Read Installation.txt and follow to ther letter.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

- 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
    How?
    Doesn't work for me. I'm on latest R07, using LSposed Magisk module and that seems to have broken the SafetyNet.
    I have tested LSposed yday for other purpose and safetynet passing with it too. Also GooglePay working fine here too.
    Regarding your old query about, dual message screen bootloop is newly implemented security since A11. As of now only Pro version have experimental fix.

Screenshot_20210719-021235_LSPosed.jpg
    R07 is Online now. Must read changelog here

G998B Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :

Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.

@topjohnwu for Magisk

@xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.

ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.

@AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks. afaneh92 for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q @Winb33 for custom font pack

XDA devDB Information

G998B I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-15
    Installation and Download

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

PS : Who can handle consequences of dirty flashing, they never need to ask this question in forum. If you dirty install then handle it yourself .

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Testing R07 now (Based on July Security patch)
    If no major bug found then it will be public tomorrow.

Screenshot_20210714-021854_Settings.jpg

R05 is Online now.

Read ChangeLog here

New Installation guide packed inside ROM zip itself.