[16/10][ROM][7.1.2][OMS]Resurrection Remix N v5.8.5 | Xiaomi Mi Pad 1 | Old Blobs

Search This thread

Suhaas

Dec 10, 2012
Bengaluru
I keep getting Google play services stopped error . I am unable to sign in with my google account. I did as mentioned in the OP. Used opengapps aroma. Please help

UltraNoob

May 6, 2012
This ROM has been a much needed improvement over miui, but I have been getting stutters here and there. I'm using the included kernel. I can also try and assist the dev with any testing or anything.

Thanks again for reviving this dead tablet

Reactions: ayushagarwal9753

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
I keep getting Google play services stopped error . I am unable to sign in with my google account. I did as mentioned in the OP. Used opengapps aroma. Please help

Can you try with another gapps package and report? I've included the webview fix in the ROM, so no other steps are required. Others who have tested it have not reported any such issues.

Dec 22, 2009
thanks a lot, developer. :)

I encounted this error code when flashing the ROM, but everything works so far, ROM booted ok.
E: unkown command[log]
E: unkown command[log]

Going from stock I followed this tutorial to change the partition:
http://en.miui.com/thread-118294-1-1.html
then wiped, flashed ROM and Gapps.

Thanks again. Rom feels super fast going from MIUI

Bhaskara Rao

Dec 13, 2013
Tiruvannamalai
Sounds like the aroma package replaces the included webview apk. That is needed to avoid gapps crashes.
I had the same problem when I tried this ROM as well as LOS 14.1 with Open Gapps Stock package with configuration, replacing Stock Webview with Google Webview. No issues with both the ROMs when I flashed Pico package. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

sirarisma

Oct 25, 2013
Only can be installed in system1? Mine have 1,2gb system partition but km trying to do with system2 with cwm and twrp(2.8.4 and 3.0.0) and im failing

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Use Miui 8 (need 1,2gb system partition) and this RR

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

When you repartition, you're merging system1 and system2 of ~600MB each into one system1 partition of 1200MB. Therefore, system2 ceases to exist. I would recommend you to use multirom from the MIUI forums (v33) but I hear it doesn't work with N at the moment. You can give it a shot though.

Reactions: trveller72

sirarisma

Oct 25, 2013
Thanks a lot, I'm using multirom(I got miui 8 and CM 12.1). I'll try to get RR in system 1 and some Kit Kat in system 2 or microsd.

As I said, thank you

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

Suhaas

Dec 10, 2012
Bengaluru
Okay now got the problem fixed, it was an issue with the latest TWRP. I downgraded to the older version and then flashed the rom and it is currently booting now. Thanks for the support

Sounds like the aroma package replaces the included webview apk. That is needed to avoid gapps crashes.

Pico gapps works.
Using aroma installer i tried to installl gapps without installing google system webview. but it didnt work. can you please fx this dev. I try to install as many gapps as possible in system memory to save internal memory. using aroma i can choose which to install and which to remove. SO please if possible fix it

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
Pico gapps works.
Using aroma installer i tried to installl gapps without installing google system webview. but it didnt work. can you please fx this dev. I try to install as many gapps as possible in system memory to save internal memory. using aroma i can choose which to install and which to remove. SO please if possible fix it

If you can give me a logcat I'll look into it. Otherwise, I recommend you use an app like Titanium Backup to move apps to the system.
In any case, I don't know what benefit that will bring. Any time you update a google app, the updated app resides in the /data partition, using up your precious space. And with the frequency of Google app updates, you can perhaps save some memory for a couple of weeks, tops.

Suhaas

Dec 10, 2012
Bengaluru
If you can give me a logcat I'll look into it. Otherwise, I recommend you use an app like Titanium Backup to move apps to the system.
In any case, I don't know what benefit that will bring. Any time you update a google app, the updated app resides in the /data partition, using up your precious space. And with the frequency of Google app updates, you can perhaps save some memory for a couple of weeks, tops.

Using titanium backup to remove system apps and to convert user apps to system apps doesn't work.
the aroma installer is very helpful to remove some builtin rom apps like cyanogenmod music file explorer, email, clock, calender and other stuff. I use google because of their functionality and things like that.
What is the procedure to submit the logcat? how do i do that? Should i clean flash the ROM then aroma gapps and boot. After that go to recovery to copy log and give u that logcat?
The inbuilt system app remover doesnt work either. I tried to remove some system app but it didnt work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgsafe.org%2F678946f7a2.png

NOUGAT WITH OMS​

STABLE, BUT NOT MEANT FOR "NORMAL USERS" WHO EXPECT AN OEM-LIKE ROM.​

Resurrection Remix Nougat has been based on CM/LOS, Slim, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device.

Many things in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to, the CM team, OMNI team, SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

-> This ROM is for the Mi Pad 1 (codename: mocha) only. Please do not try it on other devices.
    -> This ROM is based off @highwaystar_ru's sources. Full credit to him for his work on them. Without him, we'd still be in Kitkat.
    -> Please repartition your /system before flashing

BUGS

All of the LineageOS 14.1 bugs from the date of the ROM's build. ( I will update as often as I can). Pretty stable in my opinion.
    Camera is broken.

INSTALLATION

-> Repartition your system.
    -> Factory reset.
    -> Flash ROM
    -> Flash gApps.
    -> Reboot.

SOURCES
    Device (tree tweaked to enable building of non-LOS ROMs)
    Kernel
    Vendor

CREDITS
    @highwaystar_ru (donate to him if you can, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him
    @Pradyumna26 for testing
    Anyone who's contributed to RR source or to the Mi Pad's development

DOWNLOAD

AFH folder (check here for all updates that I mention in posts)
    Use OpenGapps or any other package that you prefer. It shouldn't matter.

HOW TO EXPRESS GRATITUDE
    -> Press the thanks button
    -> Donate to highwaystar_ru
    -> Donate to me. (just kidding, please don't)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Resurrection Remix N for Xiaomi Mi Pad, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    drakonizer
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-02-28
    Last Updated 2018-02-28
    ROM has been updated to fix MP3 playback. New changes from LOS14.1 has also been merged. Upstream updates are present too. Changelog for RR is in the ROM.
    Download link is in the OP

Enjoy!
    Hey guys, first of all, I'd like to apologise for not being able to update the ROM sooner. I had to deal with some changes in my personal life, which cut into my free time, which I usually allocate for Android.

I have updated the ROM with the new webview and working bluetooth. The download link is in the OP.
    ROM updated to 7.1.2. Changes:
    -> RR upstream changes
    -> Camera works
    -> All patches and fixes from LOS14.1

Download link in the OP. I will support only users of BeansGapps.