[16/10][ROM][7.1.2][OMS]Resurrection Remix N v5.8.5 | Xiaomi Mi Pad 1 | Old Blobs

Search This thread

WiMiOP

• Jul 17, 2015
    @drakonizer, thanks for this rom.

I got a strange issue in this rom (3 times in a week), it can't wake up via any button or via smartcover, no any light, just like it was power off.
    But still can connect it via adb, I need to do adb reboot to force it reboot.
    attachment is the logcat when I got this.
    Hi, had the same problem but only using Kernel Adiutor, after uninstalling it my Mi Pad is perfectly working !

WiMiOP

• Jul 17, 2015
    Thanks, I'll uninstall Kernel Adiutor, hope it will solve my issue.
    I was personally only changing the vibration. Don't understand why it made my tab freezing but this problem appeared just after installing Adiutor. After uninstalling it, I've never had this problem anymore

WiMiOP

• Jul 17, 2015
    (sorry for double post, not same subject)
    I've found that Magisk Hide make a lot of apps (mainly games) crash at start. Any idea why ?
    - 05.04 release
    - magisk from ROM
    - clean flash
    - sorry no logcat, can't make one at the moment but i'll edit when I can do one (tomorrow)

Does someone know if same problem on LOS or RR specific ? Am I the only one to face it ?

EDIT : same problem on crDroid, I will make a post on Lineage one

Last edited:

Identity77

May 11, 2017
    Just want to share my experience installing this ROM. When I installed this all at once with the pico opengapps. I'm encountering a problem. Can't get pass through the welcome screen. But if you install this ROM first. Then reboot to system. Let it boot normally. Then go to recovery again, flash the pico gapps for nougat. No more problem. Dolby atmos confirm to work on this ROM. Hope this help somebody.:)

hell1134

Jan 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Just want to share my experience installing this ROM. When I installed this all at once with the pico opengapps. I'm encountering a problem. Can't get pass through the welcome screen. But if you install this ROM first. Then reboot to system. Let it boot normally. Then go to recovery again, flash the pico gapps for nougat. No more problem. Dolby atmos confirm to work on this ROM. Hope this help somebody.:)

Did you use opengapps or beansgapps ?? Opengapps is still not compatible with 7.1.2

pavithrang

May 14, 2017
    Jesus Christ.

I am one of those old timey oppressed users using bdita ROM (pretty stable) on android kitkat for years on my mipad. Some days I would wonder if I am among a small minority still stuck on kitkat!

I installed this ROM (+open Gapps mini) and have been using it for 2 hours now. My goodness. Just...I mean...wow. What a nice change! It actually runs smooth. I use boost for reddit (home screen widgets) and Raid for twitter most often and they run without a glitch. Chrome also has been behaving so far. I use flynx for reading and it works fine. Battery usage seems ok as well and didnt see any heating. Not a gamer.

Shoutout to the devs - drakonizer and highwaystar_ru - for putting the work in. At least for giving me a new experience on my mipad for these 2 hours. Good stuff. Kudos lads...you've made my day!

edit: ok after a day's usage, I'd say this has quite a bit of issues. Decent annoying amount of lag developed on just multitasking between apps. Wifi dropped randomly. Gifs started breaking up on Boost for reddit. Soft reboot just heated the front camera area (front camera showed a slight red light, strange!) and crashed the tab. Which was the straw that broke the camel's back. So I'll be moving on from this ROM, but good effort!

Last edited:
    Reactions: thx84

Identity77

May 11, 2017
    Did you use opengapps or beansgapps ?? Opengapps is still not compatible with 7.1.2

Im using the opengapps pico version for nougat. Downloaded from opengapps site. I encountered no problem. I also tried beangapps, but having problems logging in to google. It has Google service crash. Just do the step mention above.:)

Seanichigo

Jun 18, 2014
    Jesus Christ.

I am one of those old timey oppressed users using bdita ROM (pretty stable) on android kitkat for years on my mipad. Some days I would wonder if I am among a small minority still stuck on kitkat!

I installed this ROM (+open Gapps mini) and have been using it for 2 hours now. My goodness. Just...I mean...wow. What a nice change! It actually runs smooth. I use boost for reddit (home screen widgets) and Raid for twitter most often and they run without a glitch. Chrome also has been behaving so far. I use flynx for reading and it works fine. Battery usage seems ok as well and didnt see any heating. Not a gamer.

Shoutout to the devs - drakonizer and highwaystar_ru - for putting the work in. At least for giving me a new experience on my mipad for these 2 hours. Good stuff. Kudos lads...you've made my day!

i have one tablet still on BDITA too, you might see a difference in the stanby mode and SOT. That's what keeping me from installing this build.

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
    May 10, 2013
    Death Star
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    Update with New Blobs

Okay guys, since you wanted it, I've uploaded a build using the new blobs. That's pretty much the only change, so I'm not gonna bother with a changelog.
    Personally, I did not feel much improvements with this particular build, other than the fact that you can now use the Chrome webview engine, which speeds webview based apps up considerably. Camera is broken of course.
    If you want to try it out, I would recommend a clean flash, as I had some issues with a dirty flash. Download link is in the OP as usual.

Things are pretty smooth and more than daily driver material for me, despite what other "normal users" may suggest.

Enjoy.

Ben10Tom

Nov 24, 2014
    Bangalore
    Okay guys, since you wanted it, I've uploaded a build using the new blobs. That's pretty much the only change, so I'm not gonna bother with a changelog.
    Personally, I did not feel much improvements with this particular build, other than the fact that you can now use the Chrome webview engine, which speeds webview based apps up considerably. Camera is broken of course.
    If you want to try it out, I would recommend a clean flash, as I had some issues with a dirty flash. Download link is in the OP as usual.

Things are pretty smooth and more than daily driver material for me, despite what other "normal users" may suggest.

Enjoy.

Didn't the camera work in the previous version of the ROM with the old blobs?
    Please may I know the reason why the new version does not support it?

bijindas

Apr 10, 2009
    Only old blobs working fine for me... frequent app crashes and freezing issue with new one... :rolleyes:

Issue with APK installations with both old and new blob builds (not sure if its just me)... was working fine with 20170311 build :(

Enjoy.

A

absentprofile

hi! I just clean install this rom but I can't get past the setup wizard, it keeps on telling me that the wizard has stopped. How do I fix this? I tried to clean install it for 3x but the same error persist. I also tried to delete it using twrp, system / priv app / setup wizard/ setupwizard.apk , this helped me bypass the setup wizard but the hardware/nav buttons doesn't work. :(

edit: it works now! the problem only persist when I flash GAPPS right after flashing the rom. What I did was , I flashed the rom first, let it boot then flash GAPPS :D

Last edited:

AbhaYsinGH007

Nov 22, 2016
    hi! I just clean install this rom but I can't get past the setup wizard, it keeps on telling me that the wizard has stopped. How do I fix this? I tried to clean install it for 3x but the same error persist. I also tried to delete it using twrp, system / priv app / setup wizard/ setupwizard.apk , this helped me bypass the setup wizard but the hardware/nav buttons doesn't work. :(

edit: it works now! the problem only persist when I flash GAPPS right after flashing the rom. What I did was , I flashed the rom first, let it boot then flash GAPPS :D
    Good or flash beans gapps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgsafe.org%2F678946f7a2.png

NOUGAT WITH OMS​

STABLE, BUT NOT MEANT FOR "NORMAL USERS" WHO EXPECT AN OEM-LIKE ROM.​

Resurrection Remix Nougat has been based on CM/LOS, Slim, Omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your device.

Many things in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy!

Special thanks to, the CM team, OMNI team, SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

-> This ROM is for the Mi Pad 1 (codename: mocha) only. Please do not try it on other devices.
      -> This ROM is based off @highwaystar_ru's sources. Full credit to him for his work on them. Without him, we'd still be in Kitkat.
      -> Please repartition your /system before flashing

BUGS

All of the LineageOS 14.1 bugs from the date of the ROM's build. ( I will update as often as I can). Pretty stable in my opinion.
      Camera is broken.

INSTALLATION

-> Repartition your system.
      -> Factory reset.
      -> Flash ROM
      -> Flash gApps.
      -> Reboot.

SOURCES
      Device (tree tweaked to enable building of non-LOS ROMs)
      Kernel
      Vendor

CREDITS
      @highwaystar_ru (donate to him if you can, we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him
      @Pradyumna26 for testing
      Anyone who's contributed to RR source or to the Mi Pad's development

DOWNLOAD

AFH folder (check here for all updates that I mention in posts)
      Use OpenGapps or any other package that you prefer. It shouldn't matter.

HOW TO EXPRESS GRATITUDE
      -> Press the thanks button
      -> Donate to highwaystar_ru
      -> Donate to me. (just kidding, please don't)

XDA:DevDB Information
      Resurrection Remix N for Xiaomi Mi Pad, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
      drakonizer
      Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
      Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2017-02-28
      Last Updated 2018-02-28
      ROM has been updated to fix MP3 playback. New changes from LOS14.1 has also been merged. Upstream updates are present too. Changelog for RR is in the ROM.
      Download link is in the OP

Enjoy!
      Hey guys, first of all, I'd like to apologise for not being able to update the ROM sooner. I had to deal with some changes in my personal life, which cut into my free time, which I usually allocate for Android.

I have updated the ROM with the new webview and working bluetooth. The download link is in the OP.
      ROM updated to 7.1.2. Changes:
      -> RR upstream changes
      -> Camera works
      -> All patches and fixes from LOS14.1

Download link in the OP. I will support only users of BeansGapps.