[17/09/2014] [ME301T] [ROM] [Unofficial] Beanstalk 4.4.4050

ectoplasma22

Jun 8, 2013
France
Yes, I reported this bug in the post before the one where you was asking about recovery error.. @ectoplasma22, how can we help you to solve this? Or have you got the chance to make a new build? Any answer would be appreciated :)

Sent from my LG-P880 - Beanstalk 4.4.4 - Iodak v10 kernel - using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I should fix that tomorrow. This is not a big issue I'll upload the new ROM asap ;)

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
I should fix that tomorrow. This is not a big issue I'll upload the new ROM asap ;)

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Very well, thank you! I really was missing an update for this awesome ROM on my MemoPad, and seeing it stuck on Asus screen was turning me really unhappy! XD We want it booting, to unchain every single feature and the power of the new BS 4.4.4007 ;) :D Now seriously, thank you man :)

Sent from my LG-P880 - Beanstalk 4.4.4 - Iodak v10 kernel - using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
@ectoplasma22 Just tried your latest uploaded build (the one uploaded this night), and my tab doesn't boot..there is something wrong with this release, could we give you some log, even without the capacity of booting our tabs?

danam

May 18, 2010
Wifi -- not the rom, necessarily, but ???

Running the .275 build on me301t and I can only connect to wifi for minutes at a time on any network, home or away, secured or unsecured. Can sometimes reconnect but usually only once or twice before I have to power off and wait (rebooting often not enough). I had this with 4.2, Omni, Crombi, and now Beanstalk. Identical problem so I know it's not the rom per se, and not my router (happens everywhere) and I've seen it described for other devices without a solution except that it is probably a quirk with android and some chip, but I am running out of ideas. Symptoms: turn on wifi, enter code or click on open network, device simply shows "saved, secured" or saved. Have to click to connect. Usually doesn't, just goes back to saved, secured. Sometimes when powering on it connects automatically and works for five or ten minutes (ten was about the max with the help of wif fixer). Then even if it shows connected, it won't transmit data and browser comes up with no connection. Speed is usually slow too. I've got 36 mbs for a minute, but usually even if it is working it shows 1 meg.
Having most recently used fastboot to completely format system and data and installed Beanstalk from sd card, I am at a loss for what to try next.
All ideas welcome. :confused:

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
Running the .275 build on me301t and I can only connect to wifi for minutes at a time on any network, home or away, secured or unsecured. Can sometimes reconnect but usually only once or twice before I have to power off and wait (rebooting often not enough). I had this with 4.2, Omni, Crombi, and now Beanstalk. Identical problem so I know it's not the rom per se, and not my router (happens everywhere) and I've seen it described for other devices without a solution except that it is probably a quirk with android and some chip, but I am running out of ideas. Symptoms: turn on wifi, enter code or click on open network, device simply shows "saved, secured" or saved. Have to click to connect. Usually doesn't, just goes back to saved, secured. Sometimes when powering on it connects automatically and works for five or ten minutes (ten was about the max with the help of wif fixer). Then even if it shows connected, it won't transmit data and browser comes up with no connection. Speed is usually slow too. I've got 36 mbs for a minute, but usually even if it is working it shows 1 meg.
Having most recently used fastboot to completely format system and data and installed Beanstalk from sd card, I am at a loss for what to try next.
All ideas welcome. :confused:
Are you using the stock Beanstalk kernel or a custom kernel? WiFi and Bluetooth issues are often kernel related.

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
Stock Beanstalk, although I tried Geass before the last clean install and had the same problem.
What bootloader and recovery are you using? I wonder if something went wrong while flashing the ROM. I had bluetooth issues with the Geass3 kernel, but WiFi worked fine. My setup is shown in my signature.

danam

May 18, 2010
What bootloader and recovery are you using? I wonder if something went wrong while flashing the ROM. I had bluetooth issues with the Geass3 kernel, but WiFi worked fine. My setup is shown in my signature.
Interesting. I am using the latest Philz, but I tried the latest TWRP before that with the same result. My bootloader is the unlocked 1.0 version marked WW something. Not sure how I wound up with the WW version. Might that make a difference as I am in the US? (I have set the region code in wifi advanced settings to US with no difference in performance). Anyone know where I can get the latest US bootloader?

SnowmanDK

Aug 21, 2009
Hammel
Where do you guys get version .275?
All I can find at the newest link is BeanStalk-4.4.4007-20140716-me301t, which as far as I can understand is the one that can't boot.
I can't even flash it due to the error mentioned more than a week ago.
Written on the 18th august:
Am I missing something? I'd really like to try that rom, as I am using CROMi rom at the moment and it's getting a bit outdated ;)

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
Where do you guys get version .275?
All I can find at the newest link is BeanStalk-4.4.4007-20140716-me301t, which as far as I can understand is the one that can't boot.
I can't even flash it due to the error mentioned more than a week ago.
Written on the 18th august:

Am I missing something? I'd really like to try that rom, as I am using CROMi rom at the moment and it's getting a bit outdated ;)
See Post #25

danam

May 18, 2010
Interesting. I am using the latest Philz, but I tried the latest TWRP before that with the same result. My bootloader is the unlocked 1.0 version marked WW something. Not sure how I wound up with the WW version. Might that make a difference as I am in the US? (I have set the region code in wifi advanced settings to US with no difference in performance). Anyone know where I can get the latest US bootloader?
OK. I went ahead and reverted to Asus firmware,version 4.2.1 wifi version 7.5.1.50, build JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.31-20130823 and the connection was weak and flaky, but wifi fixer now seems to be holding it. Still think there must be some underlying problem. Hope to get beanstalk back soon, but for now I am just going to enjoy my connection until morning.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

OK. I went ahead and reverted to Asus firmware,version 4.2.1 wifi version 7.5.1.50, build JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.31-20130823 and the connection was weak and flaky, but wifi fixer now seems to be holding it. Still think there must be some underlying problem. Hope to get beanstalk back soon, but for now I am just going to enjoy my connection until morning.
So much for that. Crapped out and won't reacquire signal after twenty minutes.

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
So much for that. Crapped out and won't reacquire signal after twenty minutes.
Have you tried wiping everything, including internal SD and starting fresh? I had some weird bootloop issues with Beanstalk and PAC on my ME301T before wiping the internal SD along with system, data, cache, & dalvik. I assume there was some remnant hanging around that the ROMs did not play well with. Been fine ever since. Also, have you tried OmniROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2627965)? It ran smooth for me prior to wiping everything. Not as many features, but a nice ROM.

shawnbrennan55

Mar 24, 2014
It just confuses me that what I understand is the newest version was posted back in march (according to post #25) :confused: which according to the header was released on july 16th :confused: :confused:
And it's not even mentioned in the initial post :confused:
4.4.275 from March (post #25) is not the latest build. The latest build from July is 4.4.4.007 (post #35), but according to post #44 it has problems.

SnowmanDK

Aug 21, 2009
Hammel
I finally got Beanstalk installed (.275), but sadly saw 2 issues that made me revert to CROMi-X.

1. I run my WiFi 2.4GhZ at channel 13. Beanstalk don't see my network at that channel, but CROMIi-X does.
    I don't wanna change channel as all the neighborhood uses the other channels. 13 is the least occupied.
  2. Volume. As with every other 4.4.x I tried the volume is VERY low compared to stock and CROMi-X.
    On stock stock/CROMi-X I normally have the volume set to about 15% for gaming. On 4.4.x roms I have to turn it up to about 90% for the same volume. I tried different boosters, but they are not stable enough for me.

This rom DO look promising though, so I might return for a try again later on :)

Last edited:

danam

May 18, 2010
Have you tried wiping everything, including internal SD and starting fresh? I had some weird bootloop issues with Beanstalk and PAC on my ME301T before wiping the internal SD along with system, data, cache, & dalvik. I assume there was some remnant hanging around that the ROMs did not play well with. Been fine ever since. Also, have you tried OmniROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2627965)? It ran smooth for me prior to wiping everything. Not as many features, but a nice ROM.
Wiped the internal and external sd cards. Reloaded last Asus firmware from fastboot. Same problem. Started fine and got weaker over ten minutes and then became unusable. Don't want to go too far off topic for the forum as this is not beanstalk related, but if anyone could suggest a kernel or other wifi engine I'd appreciate it. Wish there was a dedicated me301t forum on xda.

Edit: back on beanstalk because it really is the best, but can't hold a wifi connection. Same symptoms described above. Can connect to unsecured networks, but not WEP or WPA anywhere. I notice in the supplicant.conf file starts ctrl_interface=data/misc/wifi/sockets instead of the more typical ctrl_interface=wlan0. Changed it and it reverted. My quick google search indicated that ctrl_interface=data/misc/wifi/sockets was used for usb connections...does this mean anything or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Edit: Sorry for hijacking, but still no ME301t thread and figured you guys are the experts. New clue. The only WPA connection I can make and maintain is through the wifi hotspot on my phone. When I use it to go to the Play Store it identifies me as the phone, not the ME301t. Maybe there is something about the way the Memo Pad is identifying itself that is breaking the direct wifi connection?

Last edited:

danam

May 18, 2010
Wifi continued...

Wiped the internal and external sd cards. Reloaded last Asus firmware from fastboot. Same problem. Started fine and got weaker over ten minutes and then became unusable. Don't want to go too far off topic for the forum as this is not beanstalk related, but if anyone could suggest a kernel or other wifi engine I'd appreciate it. Wish there was a dedicated me301t forum on xda.

Edit: back on beanstalk because it really is the best, but can't hold a wifi connection. Same symptoms described above. Can connect to unsecured networks, but not WEP or WPA anywhere. I notice in the supplicant.conf file starts ctrl_interface=data/misc/wifi/sockets instead of the more typical ctrl_interface=wlan0. Changed it and it reverted. My quick google search indicated that ctrl_interface=data/misc/wifi/sockets was used for usb connections...does this mean anything or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Edit: Sorry for hijacking, but still no ME301t thread and figured you guys are the experts. New clue. The only WPA connection I can make and maintain is through the wifi hotspot on my phone. When I use it to go to the Play Store it identifies me as the phone, not the ME301t. Maybe there is something about the way the Memo Pad is identifying itself that is breaking the direct wifi connection?
OK, this time I have a Beanstalk/wifi question. In looking at old threads I began to think that there might be some mac address or device id conflict. Beanstalk created seven files beginning nvram in System/etc. The first does not include a mac address. The next two have two different mac addresses; and the next four use a third. None of them match the wifi mac address that shows on the rare occasions that I connect. What's up with that?