Thank you guys for reporting and supporting ROM.
Samsung Notes is no more system app so not included in ROM
Try smart switchHello, I'm facing an issue where the Galaxy S23 Ultra is not able to start up properly. I'm also not able to get into Download Mode nor into the Recovery Mode again.
My Galaxy S23 Ultra is not really in a boot loop. It's more that the screen is black and it's booting up occasionally/randomly when playing around. Having the cable connected to the PC and pressing [Vol Down] + [Power] to get into Download Mode or [Vol Up] + [Power] to get into the Recovery Mode is not possible anymore as the smartphone is not reacting and then the screen gets black again.
I never faced such an issue and was always able to solve issues but this time I'm quite perplexed. I would very much appreciate any tips or ideas what could be done in such a case.
It actually happened when I installed System-RW T05 and accidently did a factory reset.
At this point my colleague (who owns the smartphone) wanted to get his apps data back. Therefore he did a restore with TWRP but wasn't able to login with the screen lock password even he used the correct password. Then he took an old Backup and restored also the boot partition. At this point the smartphone wasn't able to boot up or to get into download or recovery mode again.
Setting up device first time after Dirty ROM installation
- Check for Magisk/Alpha app, if not available/only stub available, Install Magisk/Alpha apk (get proper version from download area) → Open & allow run additional setup if asked for → Reboot
- Open ROM Tool from app drawer and Apply essential fix and Reboot,
- After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too)
- Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking.
- Since A12 new Magisk (Zygisk) doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too) For more details and queries about new magisk ref this
IMPORTANT : For dirty flashing ROM (No data wiping)
- In case your existing ROM have different version of Magisk from one you are going to Install (Check Changelog for Magisk version info) then first restore magisk if you have hidden (rename) it and then uninstall magisk app from app drawer. After ROM installation, you may have stub (Magisk sortcut) for Magisk, you can click there and update. If no stub available, download Magisk apk from download and Install apk manually. If you are using same version of magisk then nothing requires to do for magisk.
- Select "Prepare device for dirty Flashing" from ROM Tool and straightway flash this verison of ROM with Odin. In case you are on older version of ROM and said option is not available in ROM Tool, manually delete *DrKetan* module(s) before flashing ROM