[17.Dec.2012][Kernel] marc1706's 2.6.35.14 ICS & JB Kernel[v0.1.4 & v0.1.2]

bachmark

Mar 7, 2010
Hi
Your kernel works well on NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.1, with additional Adreno200_ICS_drivers_update.zip.
The only issue, the adobe flash player is no more working, with the original kernel the player is working, but is lagging.
Thanks

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani
i am using icstosti v1.1a that has this kernel.Phone is smooth and fast.Also i think that it is a little colder.Flash player is lagging in videos but it is ok for video streaming for example from justin.tv only with default ics browser. With opera or dolphin it doesnt work

Last edited:

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
Just FYI wired-tether 1.4 apk works fine with his kernel for usb tethering. Trying to enable native usb tethering results in setting's FC'ing but phone doesn't lock up as it did with some other kernels.

Reactions: Burag

Dr_Grip

Jul 23, 2011
@marc1706
So I installed the 0.1.1 kernel it was very very smooth. So I rebooted the phone but when it restarted my apps were gone. My free space is now at 0 see attached 1st. pic. Running Smokin's MIUI-US-2.5.11-HWA. Is this a kernel problem? Cheers

Edit: My setup also included Setcpu with lagfree governor no profiles 245 min 1036 max I have also installed a2sd. I booted to recovery flashed tytungs-HWA-r2.3-uniMAC and my apps kinda returned. They are all there but not in same order as I had them set to display. Any ideas ?

Edit2:
After being satisfied that my data was ok. I re flashed your kernel and again after reboot same problem. So I'm thinking there is an issue with a2sd and your kernel. Cheers
No Apps2SD (using Link2SD from market, not a script) problems here. Did you check DMESG and logcat for possible reasons?

tmotard

Feb 11, 2008
Paris
Hi, this kernel (ICS version) is very good. Smooth, battery drain ok.
installed it since this morning, all was ok andd sudenly, i lost my a2sd ...
no more app ...
i reboot, wipe cache + dalvik, all is ok again...
Will see later..
What must i do if that happen again ? wich log do you want ? how can i do to help you to solve that ???

marc1706

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2009
Clausthal-Zellerfeld / Munich
You can use Rick's method in order to acquire the dmesg log from the previous boot.
Note though that a boot into clockworkmod also counts as a boot. So if you reboot into recovery, wipe your dalvik cache, and boot your ROM again you won't be able to get the dmesg log from the last boot of your ROM.

marc1706

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2009
Clausthal-Zellerfeld / Munich
Yes, you can use the command posted by Rick right after a hot reboot.

At least if you mean a hot reboot that reboots into the bootloader. If it's just an Android hot reboot (only second boot animation is being shown) you still have to use dmesg.

Reactions: clio94

clio94

Jan 17, 2007
Kozani

tmotard

Feb 11, 2008
Paris
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/log_before_reboot

dmesg returns the current logs iirc.
hi, i lost my a2sd one more time today,
but how can i make the logs without terminal app ?? i was far from my pc.
Then i reboot into maldr and try the demsg to sdcard option...
then wipe cache + dalvik and reboot...
but the mesg.txt file is empty...

chalienge

Feb 27, 2011
Shanghai
I'm confused about usb charging:

i flashd sevral GB Roms:
TBD,mwakious,AndroPlus+,Energy Sensation XL,Carl's Sense 3.5

when the phone is connected to pc or plugged to a usb charger, it says it's charging while the battery is draining more quickly.

i wonder if it is a kernel problem?

alex.odell.2011

Oct 26, 2011
Sussex

i flashd sevral GB Roms:

when the phone is connected to pc or plugged to a usb charger, it says it's charging while the battery is draining more quickly.

I don't have an issue, have you tried a different kernal?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

HannoSLM

Nov 11, 2008
Sofia

i flashd sevral GB Roms:

in what universe the battery will drain, while connected to electricity?