Development [18.06.22] S908E I S908B I S9080 I S908N I Dr.Ketan Magisk ROM I OneUI 4.1

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
@dr.ketan Is there any solution for connecting a smartwatch with your ROM. I cannot connect the S3 Frontier nor the Watch 3. with both it does tuck at the last point in coupling window. I tries everything you can read about, but no trick worked so far. Maybe you got a solution. I am on S05.

THX
Since VC9 firmware this is issue. Watch 4 working, issue with older. My watch 3 is connected to my primary device N20 and no time to factory reset and look into it. No any plan anytime soon too

wackowizzard

Hi, anyone know what this icon is?
Screenshot_20220514-105743_Nova7.jpg

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
There is nothing like back to ZTO because even after flashing BVO, you still will be on ZTO only. You can confirm from settings - about phone - software info - service provider software version

You are right. I updated my firmware with another country file, unlocked BL, rooted, instaleld your ROM and everything is working fine!
I appreciate having 3minit battery as part of the rom, it was a pain to install it, and I love the app.

The only thing that isn't working is Viper4Android (the main reason why I rooted!). It keeps asking to install drivers. I already tried making it install twice, tried other apps and modules (Audio library, etc.) and tried changing the .sh file as some XDA threads said. Nothing worked. Everytime I open V4A it says drivers are not installed and tries to do.

Do you have some step-by-step to make it work in S908E? If you don't, do you plan to make it work soon? V4A is the main reason several people root..

Thanks for you guidance!

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
As of Now Viper work only on S22 Exynos, May be Viper deveopers needs to update app for S22 SD.
Ow.. Those are terrible news. The main reason I rooted was V4A.. Is this an old problem? Did S21 snapdragon line had it already? Did they fixed for S21?

Also, are you able to fix that or it's something Viper team should work? If there is anyway I can help (testing, probably), please tell me.

Leeum

Sep 30, 2014
Straya
Ow.. Those are terrible news. The main reason I rooted was V4A.. Is this an old problem? Did S21 snapdragon line had it already? Did they fixed for S21?

Also, are you able to fix that or it's something Viper team should work? If there is anyway I can help (testing, probably), please tell me.
I too root for the main purpose of viper4android however I've started to use wavelet which is made by the same developer. Both work and sound great on my Tab S8U and S22U. I have the SD S22U

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I too root for the main purpose of viper4android however I've started to use wavelet which is made by the same developer. Both work and sound great on my Tab S8U and S22U. I have the SD S22U
What mean by Both works? Do you have Viper works on S22 ultra SD? Till now no one else reported working on Snapdragon, it works only on exynos

Last edited:

di10pn

Jun 24, 2016
Good morning Dr Ketan,
I recently bought his rom and also the Tweaks Pro version and I am very satisfied. I'm using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.
I would like to know if the rom could be implemented in the future with the possibility of recording Voip calls.
I use the Boaldbeast Voip recorder app which works quite well. It does not start automatically but the recordings are good.
The problem I encountered after installing Android 11 is the delay in activating up to almost twenty seconds. I am attaching the log file hoping you can give me some suggestions.
the rom also shows this message at startup: developer warning for package "com.ketan.tweaksn20pro" failed to post notification on channel "quick" See log for more details.
I will also send the log file as soon as I understand how to do it.
I am notified of updates for the rom and for the Tweaks pro app. Nothing happens when I click on the notification icon.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help you will want to give me.
Best regards.

Paul

Attachments

• voiprecorder_logs.zip
    218.4 KB · Views: 2

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Wavelet is very bad, imo. Poweramp equalizer is better, but doesn't compare to V4A. Do you get the same problem than i (drivers installation loop)?

I will keep trying to mske V4A to work. If I succeed I'll post here. I really want that app to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Testing S08 Now
    • Based on Latest firmware XXU2AVF1

Screenshot_20220614-145748_Settings.jpg
    Testing S09 Now (Based on July Security patch)

Screenshot_20220705-024945_Settings.jpg
    Dirty flashed July patch firmware, seems all good.

Screenshot_20220704-235540_Settings.jpg
    I didn't understand anything. I imagine *** used on rooteed phone?
    I don't know about it, nor that application allowed to discuss here
    Do I understand this correctly, that I can't 'dirty update' the base? Do I really always have to do a factory reset when going from one base firmware to the next?
    You can. search "dirty" in msg you quoted, it's explained there.
    Hi
    the app rom installer don't work it's staying on this i don't know if he download rom or not i leave him for 2 hours Nothing happened
    It requires 200MB data to download and time requires depend on your internet speed.
    S908E I S908B I S9080 I S908N I Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack. HuskyDG for Bootloop Protector magisk module.

XDA devDB Information

S908 I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung specified version

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-03-12
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

ChangeLog S01

• Based on S908EXXU1AVBF Android12 March 2022 security patch OneUI 4.1
    • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (no needs to change any option manually)

Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

Prerequisite :

• Must have installed firmware S908EXXU1AVBF S22 Ultra
    • Rooted device with Magisk (Zygisk) Intallled (Follow steps belo in case you have non rooted device)
    How to Root device
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Download Root_files*.zip (available in download area) - Extract and Flash Root_Files_*.tar.md5 with Odin for AP tab
    • Reboot to recovery and select to format data (Factory reset option on stock recovery)
    • Reboot device → You will see Magisk stub in drawer → Update it. (In case stuf not there, Donload magisk app from Donload area and intall manually) → Open Magisk - It will ask to complete additionl setup, Let it do. → Reboot device. You are now ready to Intall Dr.Ketan ROM module. Move to next step.

How to Install Dr.Ketn ROM Module

• Download DrKetan_ROM_S*_module.zip and copy to device, We recommend to check MD5 to rule out faulty download
    • Uninstall any other magisk module you have installed
    • Open Magisk app → Click on Module → Select Install from storage → Select Module file you have copied to device → Complete Intallation and reboot device
    Setting up device first time after Module installation

• Open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot,
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    • Since A12 Stable Magisk not working and new Magisk doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here For more details and queries about new magisk ref this

PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

TweaksPro version requires 4.1.0 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG (disable Play store update)
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Samsung Health & Private share fix
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Virtual key on statusbar (Lt/Cinter/Rt)
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix
    • 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    • Tips on TWRP and App Backup/Restore Read Here

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Must read changelog above for Installation guide and other Info

Thank you for Support & Trust on this ROM.