Development [18.06.22] S908E I S908B I S9080 I S908N I Dr.Ketan Magisk ROM I OneUI 4.1

Search This thread

Leeum

Sep 30, 2014
Straya
Wavelet is very bad, imo. Poweramp equalizer is better, but doesn't compare to V4A. Do you get the same problem than i (drivers installation loop)?
I will keep trying to mske V4A to work. If I succeed I'll post here. I really want that app to work.
I used poweramp for so long until Viper now my viper config makes everything so much louder and crisp. Wavelet not as good but the way i have it setup atm makes it sound almost on par with Viper

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
I used poweramp for so long until Viper now my viper config makes everything so much louder and crisp. Wavelet not as good but the way i have it setup atm makes it sound almost on par with Viper
Viper have excellent bass. What's your wavelet settings that goes on par with Viper, could you share?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Good morning Dr Ketan,
I recently bought his rom and also the Tweaks Pro version and I am very satisfied. I'm using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.
I would like to know if the rom could be implemented in the future with the possibility of recording Voip calls.
I use the Boaldbeast Voip recorder app which works quite well. It does not start automatically but the recordings are good.
The problem I encountered after installing Android 11 is the delay in activating up to almost twenty seconds. I am attaching the log file hoping you can give me some suggestions.
the rom also shows this message at startup: developer warning for package "com.ketan.tweaksn20pro" failed to post notification on channel "quick" See log for more details.
I will also send the log file as soon as I understand how to do it.
I am notified of updates for the rom and for the Tweaks pro app. Nothing happens when I click on the notification icon.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help you will want to give me.
Best regards.

Paul
Hi
May be you have wrongly posted here (On S22 Thread)
Anyway, TweaksPro just enable call recording features of samsung with CSC featres and not using it's own source. Samsung call record doesn't allow to record VOIP call and this is beyond scope of app.
REgarding notification issue, check Settings - App _ tweaksPro - Notification setting or you may clear data / reinstall TweaksPro.

di10pn

Jun 24, 2016
Ciao
Forse hai postato erroneamente qui (sul thread S22)
Ad ogni modo, TweaksPro abilita semplicemente le funzionalità di registrazione delle chiamate di Samsung con funzionalità CSC e non utilizza la propria fonte. Il record di chiamata Samsung non consente di registrare la chiamata VOIP e questo va oltre lo scopo dell'app.
Per quanto riguarda il problema di notifica, controlla Impostazioni - App _ tweaksPro - Impostazioni di notifica oppure puoi cancellare i dati / reinstallare TweaksPro.
Tanks a lot.

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
@dr.ketan , did you used anu audio mod or whatever in your rom that might be conflicting with V4A? I'm still trying to make it work nonstop. Digging about audio_effects.xml and etc. I really want to make it work snd any help is welcome, since I'm not knowledgeable enough.

If I get it to work I'll post how to do that. Thanks.

browneyes9x

May 22, 2022
Good evening, @dr.ketan
I've just tried to install this ROM, had checked Secure Folder and Google Pay, all of them still can't work. Only S Health is ok. Please help, did I do something wrong T__T

My model is SM-S908N

Screenshot_20220522-231122_Secure Folder.jpg Screenshot_20220522-230906_Google Play services.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Handymann007

Mar 10, 2019
Good evening, @dr.ketan
I've just tried to install this ROM, had checked Secure Folder and Google Pay, all of them still can't work. Only S Health is ok. Please help, did I do something wrong T__T

My model is SM-S908N

View attachment 5620031 View attachment 5620033
Do you have the safetynet-fix-v2.2.1 module on it? I still have the GPay.SQLite.Fix.v2.4 module on it and Google Pay runs without any problems. Have you checked if the PlayStore is certified?

Handymann007

Mar 10, 2019
@Handymann007 yes I've just checked and I have that safetynet-fix-v2.2.1 module on that, but not have the gpay.sqlite like you. And I lost certified too
Turn on Airplane mode then go to Apps in Settings. Since then on Google PlayStore stop and delete memory data and also stop Google Play Services and delete memory and data. After restarting the cell phone and turning off flight mode. Now it takes about 5 minutes and the PlayStore should have a certificate again. Try it like this.

browneyes9x

May 22, 2022
Turn on Airplane mode then go to Apps in Settings. Since then on Google PlayStore stop and delete memory data and also stop Google Play Services and delete memory and data. After restarting the cell phone and turning off flight mode. Now it takes about 5 minutes and the PlayStore should have a certificate again. Try it like this.
@Handymann007
I've just did it as you said and now it didn't appear certificate status

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220523-131511_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20220523-131511_Google Play Store.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 28

universed

Jun 22, 2004
Bali
Hey Dr.

I am based in Indonesia and am planning to buy a S22 Ultra. One shop is showing me a phone with model # SM908E/DS. I understand this is an Exynos chipset and will work best with this ROM, please confirm

browneyes9x

May 22, 2022
Would delete and reinstall Google Pay again and see if it works. If not then add GPay.SQLite.Fix.v2.4 to it.
do you have the link for v2.4 bro? I had searched but only v2.8 now. Had tried to flashed it many times but still error "this card can't be set up to pay in store"

does it not because my model manufacturer is from Korea so I can't use, right? 🥺

Handymann007

Mar 10, 2019
do you have the link for v2.4 bro? I had searched but only v2.8 now. Had tried to flashed it many times but still error "this card can't be set up to pay in store"

does it not because my model manufacturer is from Korea so I can't use, right? 🥺
I don't have a link for the sas module. Have to search Google. Then install the module in Magnik under module from memory and press the volume button once when installing when it shows it. At the end then press VOL + so that he deletes the data and such from Google Pay. Then restart and test again.

browneyes9x

May 22, 2022
I don't have a link for the sas module. Have to search Google. Then install the module in Magnik under module from memory and press the volume button once when installing when it shows it. At the end then press VOL + so that he deletes the data and such from Google Pay. Then restart and test again.
still can't be set up :( I had found the v2.4 too but it doesn't work

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hey Dr.

I am based in Indonesia and am planning to buy a S22 Ultra. One shop is showing me a phone with model # SM908E/DS. I understand this is an Exynos chipset and will work best with this ROM, please confirm
It's Snapdragon, ROM will work on S908E/DS too. Thread title have mentioned supported devices.

Top Liked Posts

Testing S09 Now (Based on July Security patch)

Screenshot_20220705-024945_Settings.jpg
    Dirty flashed July patch firmware, seems all good.

Screenshot_20220704-235540_Settings.jpg
    Testing S08 Now
    • Based on Latest firmware XXU2AVF1

Screenshot_20220614-145748_Settings.jpg
    ChangeLog S07 (S908E/B/0/N)

• Based on S908EXXU2AVEH Android12 Jun 2022 security patch OneUI 4.1
    • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (no needs to change any option manually)
    • Fixed Gear watch pairing issue
    Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

Prerequisite :

• Must have installed firmware S908*XXU2AVEH S22 Ultra (Also S908EXXU2AVF1 is working Fine)
    • Rooted device with Magisk (Zygisk) Intallled (read post #4 in case you have non rooted device)
    • We recommend to make EFS (IMEI) backup as soon you root device and keep copy to safer place (outside device)
    Warning!

We strongly recommend to make backup data before installing ROM Module, non matching verion or other factors may cause bootloop and you may needed to Factory Reset in certain circumstances. Also ROM Installer may prevent it by installing bootloop protector module but no guarantee!

ROOT & TWRP

You must have rooted S22 Ultra to use this ROM
    For Root with TWRP/Without TWRP and for How to update base firmware (Dirty/Clean) read post #4

Once you have rooted device, below is guide about how to install ROM

How to Install Dr.Ketan ROM Module (New!)

• Download app ROM Installar XDA S22 S*.apk and and Install as regular apk (* = ROM verion)
    • Uninstall any other magisk module you have installed
    • Open ROM Installaer app → Grant SU permission → Just seat and relax. It will auto download ROM and Install automatically. You can see process on screen. → Reboot device when asked.
    Benefits of ROM Instller : This method have some extra benefits over regular installation like
    • It won't process if no root access found
    • It will block installation on wrong devices
    • It will abort Installation process if MD5 doesn't match (Corrupt download) to prevent bootloop.
    • Also it will show current firmware version and available firmware version (You should not install if there is much difference in firmware base) Read prerequisite above for recommended firware)
    How to Update Dr.Ketan ROM Module (For those who are already on Dr.Ketan ROM Module older version)
    • Remove all magisk Module
    • Update new base firmware according prerequisite & Root device (read post #4 for more details)
    • Install Module as per said above "How to Install Dr.Ketan ROM Module"

Setting up device first time after Module installation

• Open ROM Tool from app drawer and Apply essential fix and Reboot,
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too)
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    • Since A12 new Magisk (Zygisk) doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too) For more details and queries about new magisk ref this
    Important Note for Dual active SIM users :

After Module ROM Installation, Internet/Network may not be available, Once you apply esssential Fix from ROM Tool- it will detect it and fix on it's own. Netork/Internet will be available after reboot.

PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

TweaksPro version requires 4.1.03 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG (disable Play store update)
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Samsung Health & Private share fix
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Virtual key on statusbar (Lt/Cinter/Rt)
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

• 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    • Tips on TWRP and App Backup/Restore Read Here
    • Boot splash warning removal. At presently available for Exynos (S908B) only, get it from ROM download area. Instructios packed inside.

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
    Testing S09 Now (Based on July Security patch)

Screenshot_20220705-024945_Settings.jpg
    Testing S07 now. (Based on S908E VEH Jun security patch)

Screenshot_20220606-021002_Settings.jpg
    I didn't understand anything. I imagine *** used on rooteed phone?
    I don't know about it, nor that application allowed to discuss here
    S908E I S908B I S9080 I S908N I Dr.Ketan ROM

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack. HuskyDG for Bootloop Protector magisk module.

XDA devDB Information

S908 I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Stock
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung specified version

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-03-12
    Installation and Download & Notes

Important :

- This will void warranty.
    - As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help. (hope in future we can get it working on tripped knox device)
    - OTA won't work once you root device.
    - ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Installation :

Read ChangeLog post for Installation instructions (link on post #3)

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

ChangeLog S01

• Based on S908EXXU1AVBF Android12 March 2022 security patch OneUI 4.1
    • ROM Tool on essential fix auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet fix (no needs to change any option manually)

Important Instructions for setting up ROM (NEW)

Prerequisite :

• Must have installed firmware S908EXXU1AVBF S22 Ultra
    • Rooted device with Magisk (Zygisk) Intallled (Follow steps belo in case you have non rooted device)
    How to Root device
    • Unlock bootloader
    • Download Root_files*.zip (available in download area) - Extract and Flash Root_Files_*.tar.md5 with Odin for AP tab
    • Reboot to recovery and select to format data (Factory reset option on stock recovery)
    • Reboot device → You will see Magisk stub in drawer → Update it. (In case stuf not there, Donload magisk app from Donload area and intall manually) → Open Magisk - It will ask to complete additionl setup, Let it do. → Reboot device. You are now ready to Intall Dr.Ketan ROM module. Move to next step.

How to Install Dr.Ketn ROM Module

• Download DrKetan_ROM_S*_module.zip and copy to device, We recommend to check MD5 to rule out faulty download
    • Uninstall any other magisk module you have installed
    • Open Magisk app → Click on Module → Select Install from storage → Select Module file you have copied to device → Complete Intallation and reboot device
    Setting up device first time after Module installation

• Open ROM Tool, Apply essential fix and Reboot,
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking. Also MagikHide is Configure Denylist now and available under Magisk Settings.
    • Since A12 Stable Magisk not working and new Magisk doesn't have buil-in Module repo, You can get standalone module manager from here For more details and queries about new magisk ref this

PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

TweaksPro version requires 4.1.0 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) While you are on call - click 3 dot - Record (Should work without CSC restriction)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
      1. NonRoot - Requires MicroG to login
      2. Root - Truely alternate to Youtube, Can login to youtube without MicroG (disable Play store update)
    • You have to click on NonRoot/Root depending on your choice, then you needs to click "Install" tab and latest version of Youtube vanced will get installed.
    • StatusBar Icons
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
    • ROM Control - See below
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. Google Pay Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix
      6. Samsung Health & Private share fix
    • Update & Fix
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option
    • Virtual key on statusbar (Lt/Cinter/Rt)
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix
    • 3 minit users can use 3minit battery paid version for free. Check this (Thanks to gharrington )
    • Tips on TWRP and App Backup/Restore Read Here

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.

Must read changelog above for Installation guide and other Info

Thank you for Support & Trust on this ROM.