Development [24.03.24] OneUI 6.0 Beta I Full ROM System-RW for S908E/B I Dr.Ketan ROM

S908E and S908B users want to make full ROM with system-rw?

• Yes, Full system-rw ROM including Mods.

• Yes, Full Stock system-rw ROM + separate Module.

• No, I am fine with Magisk Module only.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
@dr.ketan Is there any solution for connecting a smartwatch with your ROM. I cannot connect the S3 Frontier nor the Watch 3. with both it does tuck at the last point in coupling window. I tries everything you can read about, but no trick worked so far. Maybe you got a solution. I am on S05.

THX
Since VC9 firmware this is issue. Watch 4 working, issue with older. My watch 3 is connected to my primary device N20 and no time to factory reset and look into it. No any plan anytime soon too

wackowizzard

Hi, anyone know what this icon is?
Screenshot_20220514-105743_Nova7.jpg

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
There is nothing like back to ZTO because even after flashing BVO, you still will be on ZTO only. You can confirm from settings - about phone - software info - service provider software version

You are right. I updated my firmware with another country file, unlocked BL, rooted, instaleld your ROM and everything is working fine!
I appreciate having 3minit battery as part of the rom, it was a pain to install it, and I love the app.

The only thing that isn't working is Viper4Android (the main reason why I rooted!). It keeps asking to install drivers. I already tried making it install twice, tried other apps and modules (Audio library, etc.) and tried changing the .sh file as some XDA threads said. Nothing worked. Everytime I open V4A it says drivers are not installed and tries to do.

Do you have some step-by-step to make it work in S908E? If you don't, do you plan to make it work soon? V4A is the main reason several people root..

Thanks for you guidance!

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
As of Now Viper work only on S22 Exynos, May be Viper deveopers needs to update app for S22 SD.
Ow.. Those are terrible news. The main reason I rooted was V4A.. Is this an old problem? Did S21 snapdragon line had it already? Did they fixed for S21?

Also, are you able to fix that or it's something Viper team should work? If there is anyway I can help (testing, probably), please tell me.

Leeum

Sep 30, 2014
Straya
Ow.. Those are terrible news. The main reason I rooted was V4A.. Is this an old problem? Did S21 snapdragon line had it already? Did they fixed for S21?

Also, are you able to fix that or it's something Viper team should work? If there is anyway I can help (testing, probably), please tell me.
I too root for the main purpose of viper4android however I've started to use wavelet which is made by the same developer. Both work and sound great on my Tab S8U and S22U. I have the SD S22U

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I too root for the main purpose of viper4android however I've started to use wavelet which is made by the same developer. Both work and sound great on my Tab S8U and S22U. I have the SD S22U
What mean by Both works? Do you have Viper works on S22 ultra SD? Till now no one else reported working on Snapdragon, it works only on exynos

Last edited:

di10pn

Jun 24, 2016
Good morning Dr Ketan,
I recently bought his rom and also the Tweaks Pro version and I am very satisfied. I'm using a Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G.
I would like to know if the rom could be implemented in the future with the possibility of recording Voip calls.
I use the Boaldbeast Voip recorder app which works quite well. It does not start automatically but the recordings are good.
The problem I encountered after installing Android 11 is the delay in activating up to almost twenty seconds. I am attaching the log file hoping you can give me some suggestions.
the rom also shows this message at startup: developer warning for package "com.ketan.tweaksn20pro" failed to post notification on channel "quick" See log for more details.
I will also send the log file as soon as I understand how to do it.
I am notified of updates for the rom and for the Tweaks pro app. Nothing happens when I click on the notification icon.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help you will want to give me.
Best regards.

Paul

Attachments

• voiprecorder_logs.zip
    218.4 KB · Views: 8

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Wavelet is very bad, imo. Poweramp equalizer is better, but doesn't compare to V4A. Do you get the same problem than i (drivers installation loop)?

I will keep trying to mske V4A to work. If I succeed I'll post here. I really want that app to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ChangeLog U04 for S908B (System-RW)

• Based on S908BXXS7DXBD Android14 March 24 security patch
    • Removed DeKnox option, ROM is Pre-Deknoxed with keeping Island support
    • Magisk Updated to Magisk Alpha 27002 Magisk Hide experiment MUST READ below
    • SafetNet Fix replaced with PlayIntegrity Fix (Needs to apply Essential Fix) & Yasnac replaced with PI API Checker
    • ROM Tool added option to update FingerPrints for PlayIntigrity fix (In case Google ban existing)
    • ROM Tool on essential fix will auto setup zygisk including SafetyNet & GPay fix (no needs to change any option manually)
    Important : Play Integrity fix included in ROM and get installed with Essential Fix, but google blocking fingerprints on every couple of days, In case it is broken (GPay contactless payment not working), kindly update FP from ROM Tool/Misc Fix & Mods or update Google play integrity fix or look into XDA thread for same here Any further question related to it will be ignored.

Magisk Hide Experiment :
    Magisk Stable restoredsince UB5 with Magisk Hide experiments
    • Open Magisk app and complete setup if asked for
    • Open ROM Tool - Apply essential Fix and reboot device
    • Now root detection apps should work on your device, simply you have to add your app to "Configure deny list" from Magisk Settings, DON'T change any settings other than this else it may not work correctly.
    • If you have any app that detectes root, Rename Magisk App (Hide app in Magisk settings) First add app to configure deny list if not already and also clear data of that app. Then apply Essential Fix from ROM and reboot device. Straightway check if app works. If still issue, head to Magisk Hide standalone thread to find if any workaround there.

Installation : Notes included in ROM download area

Setting up device first time after Clean ROM installation

• Check for Magisk/Alpha app, if not available/only stub available, Install Magisk/Alpha apk (Use only file that available along with ROM zip, other version won't work correctly) → Open & allow run additional setup if asked for → Reboot
    • Open ROM Tool from app drawer and Apply essential fix and Reboot,
    • After reboot you can check SafetyNet and should be passed. You can use this app from playstore or This from Github to check SafetyNet (ROM Tool will offer to install this during Essential fix too)
    • Now you can further setup ROM a per your liking.
    Setting up device first time after Dirty ROM installation

IMPORTANT : For dirty flashing ROM (No data wiping)
    • Select Prepare dirty flashing ROM in ROM Tool
    • Open Magisk - Uninstall - Uninstall completely
    • Flash New ROM
    • Install Magisk apk from download area (Use only file that available along with ROM zip, other version won't work correctly)
    • Open Magisk (Alpha) and complete additional setup (Don't change any settings)
    • Reboot
    • Apply Essentail Fix from ROM Tool
    • Reboot

PS : Plz don't install any other mods for SafetyNet, All queries related to Magisk/SafetyNet will be ignored if already explained above

TweaksPro version requires 6.0.03 or up

ROM Features (XDA Version)

- Ad Free QS Panel Toggle
    - Secure Folder
    - Reboot to recovery QS Panel Toggle
    - Native call recorder (Manual) (call record option during in-call)
    - Auto Call recorder without CSC restriction (ROM Tool - Mods & Fix)
    - High Volume warning disabled
    - Pre fixed Titanium freezing while restoring apps
    - Probable fix for Titanium Backup schedule
    - Internet browser Secret mode
    - S Health patch for using with rooted device.
    - Option to remove carrier bloatwares
    - Fixed BT pairing for loosing pairing after reboot
    - ROM Tool with following Options
    • AdFree mode Enable/Disable
    • Long Press Home button customization
    • System UI Mods (custom) : Needs to Install custom SystemUI
      1. Show/Hide stock battery
      2. Show/Hide 3minit battery
      3. show/hide stock clock
      4. show/hide 3minit clock
      5. Statusbr mods & color : see ROM Control below
    • SystemUI Mods (Stock Mods - QuickStar Module functions) : Currently not working on A14*
    • Single click install/uninstall custom fonts (on the fly)
    • Single click YouTube Vanced Installer (No xposed requires)
    • Mods & Fix
      1. Auto Call Record
      2. Titanium backup FC fix
      3. SafetyNet Fix & Google Pay alternate Fix
      4. Added camera fix (Certain users reported camera failed issue. This is reported on stock too, here is someworkaroung meanwhile samsung fix it)
      5. SafetyNet Fix (Old) (Use only if Fix with Applying Essential fix doesn't work)
      6. Samsung Health & Private share fix
      7. NetFlix / Amazon Prime Fix : Needs If TWRP + Decrypted data
      8. Access denied PopUp fix
      9. Wavelet sound mode dump permission
      10. App Cache Cleaner : Removes app cache in one
      11. Google Photo Backup unlimited storage
      12. LSposed Manager Installation : LSposed installation during Essential fix won't install manager but have parasitic installation. You can open from notification or Shortcut from desktop. If you like to have app in drawer, use this option.
    • Update & Fix
    • Bootloader / Busybox checker
    • ROM Info
    • Prepare for Dirty Flashing ROM, It will prepare device for flashing new ROM without wiping data, though dirty install may or may not work as expected, We recommend clean installonly.
    - ROM Control (systemUI preferences)
    • Battery Bar with thickness and color option + Charging Animations
    • Virtual key on statusbar (Lt/Cinter/Rt)
    • Network meter with Toggle (Lt/Rt/Quick Panel/None) with color option
    PS : There may be few more options in ROM control but won't work if those are not mentioned here.

Known Bug/Tips/Fix

• My Bank app (or XYZ app) detects the root : ROM have some implementation for magisk hide but TBH there is nothing like 100 work. Here below are steps to fix
    1. Add your App in Enforce Hide list in Magisk settings + Rename (Hide) Magisk app from Magisk settings + Clear data of root detecting app & Apply essential fix and reboot device. Still issue, try below said steps one by one.
    2. Use HMA Lsposed module
    3. Enable secure Folder and try using app inside it
    4. Enable Island app and try adding bank app to it
    5. Look Magisk section if any workaround there
    • Tips on TWRP and App Backup/Restore Read Here
    • Currently on snapdragon devices no workaround for Bootloader warning appears after unlocking Bootloader.
    • Issue updating Google play system update - We are looking into it to fix.
    • Smart Lock option disappeared. Read this (Reported it's fixed on latest version)
    • Updating System App Tip

Download : DrKetanROM.com

PS : This is a fully customized ROM and for end users only, ROM or any part of ROM not allowed to redistribute,modify or to use as base to prepare new ROM.
    U03 for S908E is Online

Must read changelog here
    A stupid question please, i want update my rom with clean install, how can update tp installer? I had paid the previous version how can i download the update apk? Thanks in advance.
    Same link you received over email. If you Have any other queries write message from website
    Add columns to QS tiles works for you?
    Hello,

I bought an S24 Ultra yesterday...
    Hey. I have read the installation guide/notes. But I have a question. I am currently on Android 12, do I need to install Android 13 before I install the Full Rom?
    No. You can straightway flash ROM without updating to stock A13
    S908B & S908E system-rw Dr.Ketan ROM

Supported device : S908B & S908E for Full ROM, All rootable variants for Magisk Module

We do support usually 2-3 years since device launched, but yet no guarantee, We may drop support for any device / any variant/s anytime without any prior notice.

ROM Features

ROM Features varies with version of ROM. For more details, read changelog post. Link available in post #3 for changelog of all versions.
    Must read changelog for a version you are going to install, it will have latest information about features, changes, known bug list/fix and Installation guide of respective version.

There are two types of ROM available since OneUI 5.0

1.Full system-rw ROM
    : Full ROM includes super.img with system-rw capabilities + stock enforcing kernel + ROM Control & Modification
    Supported device : S908B & S908E

2.Magisk ROM Module and
    here explained in details how it is different from full ROM
    Supported device : All S22 variants

Credit and Thanks :
    @Chainfire - Respected elite developer for supersu and his unbelievable contribution to XDA/Android community. @wanam - Respected elite developer for his awesome contribution and references to his works.
    @topjohnwu for Magisk
    @xperiacle the amazing developer for reference to his work and tools. @amarullz for aroma installer. @gharrington for 3minit battery and QuickLaunch.
    ROM Control source and all credit and thanks goes to @daxgirl and @Wuby986 for their open source project for RomControl.
    @AbrahamGC for some ideas samsungvn htcmania & 4PDA for tips and some stock apks.
    AbrahamGC and Anan1211 for Secure folder and s-health A12 ianmacd for TWRP @afaneh92 for TWRP, system/vendor rw scripts and modules. @Arteush for bluetooth fix (losing BT pair on reboot) on Android Q, aka_vkl for Dolby digital, kdrag0n for SafetyNet fix @Winb33 for custom font pack. HuskyDG for Bootloop Protector magisk module. MrWeahere for CRB Kitchen

XDA devDB Information

S908 I Dr.Ketan ROM , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Contributors

Dr.Ketan
    ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Stock (pre-rooted). Source code (samsung) here
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Samsung specified version

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2022-03-12
    Installation, Important Infos & Download

Installation
    : State of the art Installation procedure.

Detailed installation guide separately available in download area along with ROM files for Full ROM and for magisk module read changelog post.

WARNING

Before you root your device you must be aware that

• This will void warranty.
    • As of now you will lose Samsung Pay and Samsung Pass forever if you root once, even unrooting won't help.
    • There are many features stop working when you unlock bootloader other than S pay/Pass like Samsung Health, Secure Folder, Galaxy Watch pairing issue, Issue connecting old gear watch (S3 or earlier), Google Pay etc but ROM is patched for all these mentioned features. Still you may trouble using some bank apps and these may fixed by adding these apps to Magisk Hide
    • There may be some knox features there which you may not able to use but I can't list those as I never used. Just Google It
    • Patched featurs are working today when writing this, No idea if it may stop working next moment/tomorrow or later
    • Also to note, once you root, you can't go back to "pre-rooted" state completely. It is one way!
    • OTA won't work once you root device.
    • ROOT with caution.
    • You can unroot & Relock bootloader after flashing stock firmware, but still your warranty flag remain 0x1 and most of countries it still voids warranty. Also after unrooting & relocking bootloader, some knox features never work again.
    ROM Tool permission : Files & media - To save and read files, Calendar - Tool needs some time monitoring to avoid using RT immediately after reboot. Special access for accessibility service - Since Android 12 it requires for QS panel custom Toggl e.g. Reboot to recovery

Download : https://drketanrom.com/

Regarding full ROM (for S908B/E)

What I am planning is to make Odin flashable ROM from next version. Now a days on newer device you needs PC & Odin to flash bootloader so making ROM with TWRP flashable zip still you needs PC, Instead if I make Odin flashable ROM then it will be much easier. Even you no more needed to have same firmware installed.
    Installation will be swift like
    • Flash provided files with Odin with respective slot
    • Wipe/Format will be optional if you are already on my ROM. (must in case you are on stock/encrypted data)
    What you think?
    Proposed ROM development now onwards :

Looking to poll results, it seems most users wants Full system-rw ROM including Mods. So finally found a way so users with any choices won't get disappointed.

• To make a Full ROM + Mods (No Magisk module requires). This will only for S908B & S908E - This will be for users with choice 1
    • Above said ROM will have option in ROM Tool to remove customization, with this you can remove all customization and retain with pure stock experience. Before removing customization, still you can apply essential fix so it will keep all important systemless fix like SafetyNet/GPay etc. - This will be for users with choice 2
    • Magisk Model development will remain continue for all other variants including S908B/E

I am Testing Full ROM including mods now on S908E, soon it will be public.
    Thank you for trust & support for ROM!

PS : Full ROM is under testing now!