• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[18/10/2018][ROM][POLARIS] [8.1.0] crDroid v4.7 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

mthp9x

Mar 27, 2016
Hi,
I'm now at miui 10 9.2.28. How can I install without any bug (especially camera)?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list (helps shorten the OP.)

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

DOWNLOAD ROM
    Thanks to @Edlar for mirror download link.

GAPPS: DOWNLOAD GAPPS -> arm64-8.1

First time installing crDroid to your MIX 2S, or coming from another ROM:
    ***To boot it up, use miui oreo as base, it doesnt boot on pie miui versions***
    ** Make sure you're running a proper working Recovery (TWRP)
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    a)If somehow it isn't booting, you will have to format data (cause of encryption)
    4) Flash ROM
    8) Flash gapps
    9) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    -Volte (it might be my carrier too, test it by yourself)
    -Gcam is force closing(MGC_5.3.015_MI8_V1a), i will try to fix it (it might take a while, cause im new in terms of compiling roms etc.)
    No other bugs encountered yet, if you have any post in thread and i will try to help.

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_crDroid_Home_20181018-162943.jpg
    Screenshot_Settings_20181018-155535.png
    Thanks to:

-
    - Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Trees i used:
    Device tree
    Kernel
    Vendor
    SDM845 COMMON TREE
    I recommend you to use pie as its stable as oreo, im trying now to compile a rom with many features on pie, hold on !
    In fact, the latest mix2s has a new screen, and many Roms and kernels don't support this screen, which means I can't touch the screen after I flash this Rom:eek:
    I love havoc, but compiling havoc gives me headaches tried 4 compiled builds never went past bootanimation. Anyway I might found why it's so . If I have time I will compile it.
    Hey bro, don't you like Havoc? Its team is very active.

Wysłane z mojego MIX 2S przy użyciu Tapatalka
    NEXT UPDATE will be when crDroid base updates, i might fix gcam till the update comes, also i heard dt2w works for some people and for some not, i will look into it and try to fix it as soon as possible, bc im a human too, and cant use my computer(im still in school) all the time.
    PS. you can use this rom with every miui based oreo, cause I tried with pie based miui and it didnt boot.
    Thanks you for your understanding.

Wysłane z mojego Phh-Treble vanilla przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Upd

In twrp, I see a flash faceunlock from nano gapps, but its no in smartlock.

Wooby, what can you advise?

Very weird, on nano it should be as default, under smartlock.
    Anyway, as i see Pie became much stable right now, im heading to Pie roms from now.

For this rom, i cant update in anymore, cuase google cloud decided to deny acces to my server with crDroid files and i dont want to download it again, because pie is as stable as oreo.