18/Nov 2.5.1.2 r2: ClockworkMod recovery for HTC Desire HD

Search This thread

dajones89

Apr 2, 2010
Swansea
could somebody help me :D
i want to flash this to my phone, ive rooted got hboot etc
but when the DHD is connected to my pc in fastboot it asked for a android 1.0 driver. now ive seared high and low and cant find one :(
i have htc sync installed and updated and have the sdk updated to the most recent (today)

help :D

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
i have root and the ability to flash kernals but i still need help after reading the first post

i have download clockwork
in boot up s is off
the fastboot download link takes me to page all about windows mobile??

and if i read it correct
"You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed and selecting the 'recovery' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the market."

i dont have to use the boot method to load this i can use rom manager is that right?

i flashed roms on win mobile but new to android and it seems theres a bit more to it than running an exe file

thanks for any help

Danifamous

May 23, 2010
Out and About
What version does your recovery show?

It's should say '2.5.1.2 MoDaCo r1' down the bottom.

P

Yes, it does. I have the "scroll 3 times to activate power button" issue. I still can flash roms and such, and have no flashed any other recovery image.

I have JUST tested again, pressed power to black the screen, but after pressing it 2nd time to bring back writing, it's rebooted (from pressing the reboot now option with blank screen)

toddyc

Nov 9, 2010
Android Wear
I have tried flashing and this is what i get:

C:\Users\Toddy C>Desktop\fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.
1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img
error: cannot load 'recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img'

C:\Users\Toddy C>

Any ideas ?

ttav

Aug 6, 2010
I have tried flashing and this is what i get:

C:\Users\Toddy C>Desktop\fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.
1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img

C:\Users\Toddy C>

Any ideas ?

use the cd command to get to the tools directory

sfjuocekr

Jun 14, 2008
Paul does this recovery allow flashing of the OTA updates?

The signature check always fails on the OTA updates on the "modified" default recovery and the other CWM release.

sfjuocekr

Jun 14, 2008
could somebody help me :D
i want to flash this to my phone, ive rooted got hboot etc
but when the DHD is connected to my pc in fastboot it asked for a android 1.0 driver. now ive seared high and low and cant find one :(
i have htc sync installed and updated and have the sdk updated to the most recent (today)
help :D

Goto the Android SDK run the SDK Manager there and let it download the USB drivers, you need to manually select the driver for the device and point it to the right location.

ttav

Aug 6, 2010
I have tried that and still get the same error :s

Any help much appreciated

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Can`t really think of anything else (i`m tired.Been up since 4 am)
Maybe check your tools directory to make sure the .img file and all files from Paul`s fastboot are there.

nailmind

Aug 24, 2010
help!!

hi all thanks for all your work im on the final run, but cant get over the last hurdle....

in cmd im pretty sure im doing it right
cd c:\
c:\fastboot\fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img

and im getting

any chance of an exact example of what you guys are writing?

thnks all

ttav

Aug 6, 2010
hi all thanks for all your work im on the final run, but cant get over the last hurdle....

in cmd im pretty sure im doing it right
c:\fastboot\fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r1.img

and im getting

any chance of an exact example of what you guys are writing?

thnks all
cd android-sdk-windows\tools
then your fastboot-windows line

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm pleased to present my ClockworkMod recovery for the HTC Desire HD (aka HTC Ace / HTC Spade). This recovery has been built and setup by me and is in no way endorsed buy Koush, so please don't ask him for support! ;) I am still testing this recovery, so caution is advised and you use it at your own risk!

You will need the ENG HBOOT installed on your device to flash this recovery!

You can load recovery by powering on the device with 'Volume Down' pressed and selecting the 'recovery' option, by using 'adb recovery', by installing 'Quick Boot' from the Market or by installing 'ROM Manager' from the market.

Navigation in the recovery image as follows:
    • Volume Up / Down to move between options
    • Power key to select an option
    • Select 'go back' option to go back
    Step by step install instructions
    • Download 2.5.1.2 r1 ClockworkMod Recovery for Desire HD - DOWNLOAD
    • Download fastboot if you do not have it already.
    • Turn off your phone and take out the battery. Unplug the phone from the PC / charger.
    • Replace the battery and turn the phone back on with 'volume down' held, then select 'fastboot' (using the power button).
    • Plug the phone into the PC.
    • Extract the fastboot zip file.
    • From a command prompt (at the directory containing these new files!) run 'fastboot-windows flash recovery recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-ace-modaco-r2.img' (subsituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
    • When this finishes, from the command prompt run 'fastboot-windows reboot' (again substituting 'fastboot-mac' or 'sudo fastboot-linux' as required)
    • Done!
    :)

The changelog is in the next post.

P
    Changelog

18/Nov 2.5.2.1 r2
    • Updated to fix mounting /sdcard and /sd-ext via shell
    17/Nov 2.5.2.1 r1
    • Initial Release
    No love on here for panic stricken Android user. ?

Don't panic. The only time you should ever panic is if you phone fails to load to hboot. This is the only way to brick your phone completely.

I suggest you go ahead and read this guide.

Once you understand the process for getting yourself a pd98img.zip and flashing it, go and download this ruu.

This is reset your phone back to stock. The reason I suggest you use this ruu is that you will be able to get back root if you use this one.