• If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.
  • Nearly there! Migration cleanup is mostly done. There are about 6k posts left to import, a few forum redirects to make, and minor details. All the heavy lifting is done. Would love to hear feedback over at this thread!

[19/3/19] Working Gcam For Pie!

Jt380p

Apr 1, 2018
New South Wales
I can't switch tele lens by pressing switch camera button, how can i fix?
Installed zoomfix modum but it still not working
I'm on AEX 6.2 with nhappyman patch modum
Me too, after resetting my phone and enabling hal3 (with nhappyman's module), my telephoto lens doesn't work, no option for portrait or 2x zoom (on stock cam).

Leong428

Oct 9, 2010
Manchester, UK
I installed the version below and autofocus seems to work fine on 12mp setting
Can someone try this APK to verify it's not just me https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcamera/LGN2_bsg-test-8.1.apk
Thanks friend, I don't think it's just you. Quick test shown it's working fine on my device too (Stock Jan 2019 Pie update, no root)

Will continue to test and report back.

Update 1 : It works well, but HDR+ seems to have been disabled in this version. All photos taken have not HDR processing despite turning HDR+ ON

Last edited:

hycraig

Jan 24, 2015
Yes, it works. But the whole point of Gcam is the hdr processing, so it's still not worth it.
Yes that is true but to find a version without the focus bug working at 12mp gives us hope there might be a full working version soon, this is the first version I know of without having to change down to 9mp

hycraig

Jan 24, 2015
Yeah, I know that feeling.
i just installed an old version of gcam that has the option to have no hdr profile set with this set as no hdr the focus works but as soon as you change the setting to any other profile which enables hdr the focus bug comes back so im thinking the bug could be related to the hdr ?

sipollo

Jan 4, 2015
Does the telephoto lens work?
Telephoto lens needs his module, based on APK package name. It depends on which version are you using. But at least the module I edited does not interfere with others. Due to string lenght limitations the unedited module caused this conflict.

Jt380p

Apr 1, 2018
New South Wales
Telephoto lens needs his module, based on APK package name. It depends on which version are you using. But at least the module I edited does not interfere with others. Due to string lenght limitations the unedited module caused this conflict.
Well, nhappyman's module disables the telephoto lens. Can you just give me a straight answer?