1908.25 WW zip and root /stock boot img's

Search This thread

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
Root and stock boot
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EkXA0QFNyCr68QWuJc7IUmR9PL_37MFO

Rom UPDATE UL USER WW 190825 -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18i-zvwXqz3GZXFH4jfRwSokbLaATqHGZ/view?usp=drivesdk
Or
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zu36eNDCY3bUgu1w7_gqHLndCvWI563r/view?usp=drivesdk

#Changelogs -
- Reduced the chance of blur image caused by shaking for indoor selfie.

- Fixed the issued when rejecting call while listening to*music*via*bluetooth*caused the*music*to be broadcast through the*speaker.

- Fixed the issue where AirTriggers were triggered by lower than the set value after rebooting.

- Fixed the issue where occasionally when restarting*phone*was stuck at booting*animation.

- Fixed the issue where*LED*indicator*function was missing.

- Fixed the issue where a pop up a window showed*Launcher*stopped working after completion of*data*recovery.

- Fixed the issue where the*power*menu rotated 180 degree when the*phone*was in certain orientation.

- Fixed the issue where starting the*phone*when it was docked on*TwinView*Dock*II caused occassional black screens and incorrect orientation.

- Fixed the issue where the refresh rate options in Settings and Quick Settings were inconsistent, when connected to*TwinView Dock*II.

Copy to root of internal storage (providing you have WW fingerprint and unlocked bl etc...), restart and update. Don't restart if you want root. Just click 'later' then turn phone off, boot to fastboot and 'fastboot flash boot rootww190825.img'. Root boot contains latest magisk v.20...
NOTE: The root boot img does not have a working recovery, only the stock does. So in the event of requiring recovery, flash stock img first...

Last edited:

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
so, is it possible to do the update directly from the base firmware version came out of the box or do we need to be on a specific version??

btw, if another update comes out? how do we keep the root and update? do we need another rooted boot file or is there any other method?

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
so, is it possible to do the update directly from the base firmware version came out of the box or do we need to be on a specific version??

btw, if another update comes out? how do we keep the root and update? do we need another rooted boot file or is there any other method?
Yes, you can go straight to this version without the need to flash previous versions. Have you checked that your device is WW, fingerprint and all? If not, install device info hw from the playstore and under system it will show rom, product id and fingerprint, if they're all WW then you are good to go...

Yes, regarding root, if or when another update comes out, you need to wait until the rooted boot is released too, Flash it as per op

Reactions: Kianush

praveen6585

Jul 28, 2010
Mumbai
Reactions: albireox

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
I managed to update from 1908.12 to 1908.21 and maintain root by following the guide mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/rog-phone-2/how-to/update-root-t3977143 so I don't think it's required to flash the boot image each time.

only reason i recommended to flash boot is because i tried to update root using this method on one version and it left my device unbootable, on another it just would update, kept saying download failed or something, so i avoid saying about it.

incidentally, from .12 to .21 did you use the ota method, or direct install (recommended)? i couldn't get it to go...

Reactions: praveen6585

praveen6585

Jul 28, 2010
Mumbai
Yes, you can go straight to this version without the need to flash previous versions. Have you checked that your device is WW, fingerprint and all? If not, install device info hw from the playstore and under system it will show rom, product id and fingerprint, if they're all WW then you are good to go...

Yes, regarding root, if or when another update comes out, you need to wait until the rooted boot is released too, Flash it as per op

only reason i recommended to flash boot is because i tried to update root using this method on one version and it left my device unbootable, on another it just would update, kept saying download failed or something, so i avoid saying about it.

incidentally, from .12 to .21 did you use the ota method, or direct install (recommended)? i couldn't get it to go...

I used the OTA method and it luckily worked! :)

Btw the links in the OP are not working for me. It's giving an error that file is currently not available.

Reactions: reg66

dungnghien

victoraran

Jan 21, 2013
Thanks[emoji12][emoji106].
For those who are already rooted it is not necessary to put the root image by adb, simply from magisk before restarting the device you go back, you get into magisk and give it to install, you choose the option of ota and voila. Screenshot_20191026-164728707.jpgScreenshot_20191026-165251770.jpg

Enviado desde mi ASUS_I001DE mediante Tapatalk

iampatricktan

Sep 13, 2015

Top Liked Posts