• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

2.1 for Dream/G1/MT3G 0.1 Beta 1/12/10 *LiveWallpaper cube running!!*

Search This thread

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
Ok guys, here's the 2.1 port from the SDK for you Dream/G1/MT3G users!!
This was thrown together real quick, so not much time to test but nonetheless here it is for you guys to sink your teeth into!
I'm a beginner in the ROM/deving field so lets make this a community effort!

Special thanks to Drizzy for the major help!!
Thanks to Cyanogen for his smokin Kernels!

**Change Log**
-based off of the 2.1 SDK

Features:
-Cube LiveWallpaper working!!
Cyan's Kernel 2.6.29
-root/superuser#
-Gallery3D
-swap
-a2sd
-Ext4 support
-compcache
-Gapps
-wifi/usb tether

Issues:
-a lil laggy
-no bt
-semi working wifi
- no led's
-Gapps fc
-Gallery 3D doesn't display thumbnails (gl issue)
-google contacts not syncing only FB contacts
-no camera/video drivers still
-will add issues as we come across them*

##Again, i'm a beginner so take it easy on me ;) there are issues but will get worked on overtime ok ;)##

Beta 0.1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjmmhyjwjmd

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

entex

May 19, 2009
I would assume the camera works, right? I figured alot of things would be working since the SDK has been officially released but then again, every rom has it's quirks when it's first released.

jayzusfk

Aug 18, 2009
pdx
I would assume the camera works, right? I figured alot of things would be working since the SDK has been officially released but then again, every rom has it's quirks when it's first released.

the camera drivers have nothing to do with the SDK, so, no.

i wouldn't think it would be more than a few more weeks before we do get a working camera. come on, htc.

i'm booting into this right now...did a switchrom backup right when i saw this posting, we need to make sure this alpha/beta is on androidspin, and someone deticated to getting it up there fast...if not the creator a huge fan..lol i am a semi huge fan, not dedicated enough to do that..but was waiting for the sdk port when i heard the sdk was out...

also, i noticed this also does like lots of junk on first boots, like most of the new roms, which i like...like fix permissions, dextop'in. does it do zipalign'in and anything else, i wish i wasn't anal but i always watch the logcat as i do first boot, just to make sure i don't get a boot loop and it ruins the sd card...arg, like 20 min w/ this rom..like all new roms..lol oh well...crossing fingers for some glimmer of the g1 future w/ 2.1 w/ crazy speed and future HTC drivers when HTC gets with the open source vibe and gets rid of the word "propietery" (i can't spell)

jroid

Jan 8, 2009
also, i noticed this also does like lots of junk on first boots, like most of the new roms, which i like...like fix permissions, dextop'in. does it do zipalign'in and anything else, i wish i wasn't anal but i always watch the logcat as i do first boot, just to make sure i don't get a boot loop and it ruins the sd card...arg, like 20 min w/ this rom..like all new roms..lol oh well...crossing fingers for some glimmer of the g1 future w/ 2.1 w/ crazy speed and future HTC drivers when HTC gets with the open source vibe and gets rid of the word "propietery" (i can't spell)

this is a work in progress.. :) it'll get better