2.1 Leak [WILL DISABLE ROOT]

Search This thread

Raikalo

Mar 5, 2010
I know these have been stated, but after running 2.1 for a couple days, I finally started experiencing the following bugs as well:

Facebook not relaying profile pictures to my phone.
Wallpapers still not resizing properly.
Gmail/Google in general is asking for login information about 4 times a day, whether I cut the phone off or not.
Lag at random intervals, doesn't last more than a few(3-5) seconds, typically.
Some paid apps from the market aren't available to this version of the firmware.

Again, I know these don't really have fixes yet, but I did want to confirm that I am experiencing them now.

Thanks again to everyone who worked on this.

What's the ETA on the official version? I saw that some Verizon devs/techies/whatevers have the version and are fixing bugs, so.....how long do you think?

Jceezy

Mar 13, 2009
Greenfield IN
I know these have been stated, but after running 2.1 for a couple days, I finally started experiencing the following bugs as well:

Facebook not relaying profile pictures to my phone.
Wallpapers still not resizing properly.
Gmail/Google in general is asking for login information about 4 times a day, whether I cut the phone off or not.
Lag at random intervals, doesn't last more than a few(3-5) seconds, typically.
Some paid apps from the market aren't available to this version of the firmware.

Again, I know these don't really have fixes yet, but I did want to confirm that I am experiencing them now.

Thanks again to everyone who worked on this.

What's the ETA on the official version? I saw that some Verizon devs/techies/whatevers have the version and are fixing bugs, so.....how long do you think?

Paid apps not working for the firmware arent really a bug but a definite pain in the ass lol

xokatwoman

Mar 4, 2010
Any app that isn't there is because they maker hasn't put it there (from what I've heard), I e-mailed the guy who made the one I wanted and he put it there :)

nindoja

Nov 24, 2009
Any app that isn't there is because they maker hasn't put it there (from what I've heard), I e-mailed the guy who made the one I wanted and he put it there :)

Wrong. What is happening is that the developers have "Copy Protection" enabled on their application, and since we are using a non-official version of android, we do not have access to copy protected apps.

It's the same bug that occured when VZW released the MR2 update for us. All it will take is for google to allow the current version to have access to copy protected applications.

Sadly, this probably wont' come until the official 2.1 release hits.

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
If anyone still has 1.5 on their phone let me know by email steven @ thekrtek.net, if you are not worried about losing data we could use your phone for development. if you are worried i can help backup your phone. Join irc.thefuzz4.net #Dev or #DroidEris and PM Captainkrtek for more info.
Thanks

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
Awesome

You all are truly awesome!! It worked the first time with no problems. :D

Raikalo

Mar 5, 2010
Also is anyone experiencing the sound just stopping randomly? Like ringer volume being all the way up but not working?

This was mentioned in earlier posts as a bug for some people. I personally haven't noticed.

Wrong. What is happening is that the developers have "Copy Protection" enabled on their application, and since we are using a non-official version of android, we do not have access to copy protected apps.

It's the same bug that occured when VZW released the MR2 update for us. All it will take is for google to allow the current version to have access to copy protected applications.

Sadly, this probably wont' come until the official 2.1 release hits.

Ahhh....I see. Any estimated time that the 2.1 update will be out? I don't care, I'm just using the free versions of the apps until they fix it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question to devs/Eris veterans... if I did a factory reset of my phone, wouldn't it remove 2.1 and replace it with the ORIGINAL firmware?

EDIT: After hopping in the IRC channel, I found out a factory reset DOES NOT reset the firmware IF you updated to 2.1. :( Can anyone else confirm this? I searched around but didn't see anything about it.

Last edited:

tdavis42

Jul 29, 2009
Orange County, CA
This was mentioned in earlier posts as a bug for some people. I personally haven't noticed.

Ahhh....I see. Any estimated time that the 2.1 update will be out? I don't care, I'm just using the free versions of the apps until they fix it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question to devs/Eris veterans... if I did a factory reset of my phone, wouldn't it remove 2.1 and replace it with the ORIGINAL firmware?

EDIT: After hopping in the IRC channel, I found out a factory reset DOES NOT reset the firmware IF you updated to 2.1. :( Can anyone else confirm this? I searched around but didn't see anything about it.

You are correct as to reverting back to 1.5, it cannot be done as of yet. I have tried a few methods and am not really interested with the up/down process as 2.1 provides other nice things that are yet to be discovered! ;)

izzaeroth

Nov 28, 2009
Signal seems to have been nerfed?!

So...I put this 2.1 on my Eris earlier to see what all it could do. Other than the Gmail asking for pw when powering on device, the only other issue I noticed was it seems the signal strength got nerfed. I am guessing it was in an effort to help the battery life. I was telling someone earlier in the day that I liked the phone because it had an unusally strong signal as opposed to my previous smart phones. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. If I had to guess I would say there was about a 5-10 dBm reduction with this update. Does anyone else seem to notice this drop in the signal strength?
The navigator app is freakin sweet tho. It would be even better if they incorporated your MPH on it next to the ETA thing at the bottom.

Last edited:

Sheen160

Feb 18, 2010
Ravenholm
So...I put this 2.1 on my Eris earlier to see what all it could do. Other than the Gmail asking for pw when powering on device, the only other issue I noticed was it seems the signal strength got nerfed. I am guessing it was in an effort to help the battery life. I was telling someone earlier in the day that I liked the phone because it had an unusally strong signal as opposed to my previous smart phones. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not. If I had to guess I would say there was about a 5-10 dBm reduction with this update. Does anyone else seem to notice this drop in the signal strength?
The navigator app is freakin sweet tho. It would be even better if they incorporated your MPH on it next to the ETA thing at the bottom.

I thought it looked like my 3G was down lower than it should've been. But I couldn't tell if i was just being paranoid or not. If that's even what you're saying :( lol

marsMayflower

Feb 3, 2010
I'm getting a lower 3G signal strength after the update. This may be the cause of the poor battery life in my set... its worse than with 1.5.

edit: what I mean to say is that the set is constantly switching from 1x to 3G and its killing the battery.

Last edited:

ihtfp69

Feb 22, 2009
does anyone elses pinch to zoom stop working after the first time. just rebooted and it worked on sense but i tried it in the browser and now it wont work again...
I noticed the same thing. The pinch-zoom feature seems to break. Even the Leap feature for Sense breaks. A reboot fixes the problem. The double-tap to zoom in the browser still works, though.

f3hunter

Mar 7, 2010
VZW/eris issue

Yesterday I had no problem updating to 2.1. However, tonight after doing a factory reset I am no longer able to reconnect to Verizon via *228 - 1. Any ideas?

I did a factory reset and had the same issue, The tech told me there is a known;) issue sometimes when resetting the Eris, it took him 5 seconds to fix it on his end.

crimson31

Mar 8, 2010
so i threw the eris 2.1 rom on my sprint hero besides the ovbious issues with the visual voicemail the only problem i seem to be having is the camera any fix for that as of yet?

head8555

Dec 19, 2008
I've noticed the signal is horrible in my home 25mile radius however when I go out that radius it increases. Yesterday I had full bars and excellent battery life. It's so strange.

drew630

Feb 18, 2010
New Jersey
I haven't done the update yet. I think im going to hold out a little longer for the official one, but have you guys with the signal problems tried to update your roaming codes? (*228 #2)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With as many bugs as have been reported here and on other forums (besides the obvious apps that won't work with 2.1 yet), do you really think that this is THE rom that will eventually be the OTA update? I would think some of this would be fixed first, possibly why it isn't out officially yet