2.13.651.1 Firmware Bits

Search This thread

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Hey there. Today we were fortune enough to see such a beautiful update with Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1. Along came some new firmware. Here you'll find three flashable zips, one with the entire firmware package (new hboot, kernel, and recovery), one without hboot and recovery, and one just alike, but without the kernel, hboot, and recovery. I've tested the no kernel, hboot, and recovery version, and it was successful.

This updates your Baseband (Radio) to
v.1.12.11.0809, And your HBoot (Bootloader) to v.1.19.00.

Don't blame me if your phone blows up. I didn't make these, I am simply sharing them. I am here to help if you need it though.
Requirements:
S-Off

How to flash (install):
Download your zip of choice, and rename it to PJ75IMG.zip, and save it to the root of your external sd card. Reboot into bootloader mode, and accept the update. Let it run through, and wait for the successful message. Don't forget to delete the PJ75IMG.zip off of the root of your external sd card after updating, so that if worst case scenario, you can reboot into bootloader or recovery mode. Once you flash the latest firmware, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REVERRT TO THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE VERSION. It has been reported to brick devices for good!

Code:
[B]Downloads:[/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]These two include the newest kernel, which has been reported to break WiFi on roms based on old versions. (1.13.651.1 and 1.22.651.1) Proceed with caution...
[/COLOR][/B]2.13.651.1 Firmware (Includes New Kernel, HBoot, and Recovery.) - [URL]REMOVED FOR SAFETY[/URL] [B]MD5: 562d9d40a03645438fe24918aed3da42[/B]

2.13.651.1 Firmware (No HBoot or Recovery) - [URL]http://db.tt/mo2LJ9Am[/URL] [B]MD5: 71EB50966907B194DF23312C2850EB33[/B]
[B][COLOR="Red"]
This version is the complete firmware update package, excluding the new kernel, hboot, and recovery.[/COLOR][/B]
[I][B](Recommended)[/B][/I]
2.13.651.1 Firmware (No Kernel, Hboot, or Recovery.) - [URL]http://db.tt/K4bKYiib[/URL] [B]MD5: 4D3EE2D35F3A6210ADF8FAC0D2F6C9E5[/B]

Q&A:
Q: "I flashed a version with the new kernel included, and all of a sudden my WiFi is borked, F*#% YOU RYDAH! How do i fix it?"
A: Revert to a kernel that is based on your rom version. You have a few options, 1: Restore a recent nandroid. Be sure to only restore the "boot" partition, and you'll be good to go. 2: Re-flash the kernel you were using. If you'd like, you could take the modules folder from the OTA, and push them over, replacing the old modules folder. (SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES/) - That is merely a suggestion, as others have stated, but I cannot confirm this, as I am running 2.13.651.1.

Q: "I put the zip on my external SD card, booted into bootloader mode, and it didn't recognize/find the zip, what the hell man!?"
A: Make sure you don't have a copy on the root of your internal memory card, and be POSITIVE, that it is named correctly. (NOT PJ75IMG.zip.zip)

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!

Last edited:

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
This may be a dumb question but why would anyone want to flash the hboot and recovery version or is it useful for developers somehow?

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California

pinky059

Oct 8, 2010
Baltimore
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hey there. Today we were fortune enough to see such a beautiful update with Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1. Along came some new firmware. Here you'll find two flashable zips, one with the entire firmware package (new hboot, kernel, and recovery) and one just alike, but without the kernel, hboot, and recovery. I've tested the no kernel, hboot, and recovery version, and it was successful.

How to flash (install):
Downliad your zip of choice, and rename it to PJ75IMG.zip, and save it to the root of your external sd card. Reboot into bootloader mode, and accept the update. Let it run through, and wait for the successful message.

Downloads:
2.13.651.1 Firmware (Includes New Kernel, HBoot, and Recovery.) - http://db.tt/UP4nCkQF

(Recommended)
2.13.651.1 Firmware (No Kernel, Hboot, or Recovery.) - http://db.tt/K4bKYiib

More info coming soon...

Is it possible to throw up a version with the kernel included as well, but not the HBOOT or RECOVERY for those of S-OFF that want to flash the kernel through bootloader as well?

If it is possible to just take the boot.img (kernel) from the one version you have up and add it to the one w/o the boot.img in it and flash that through bootloader; I can just do that...

Let me know please and THANK YOU MUCH for being so quick about it.

Rydah

Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Is it possible to throw up a version with the kernel included as well, but not the HBOOT or RECOVERY for those of S-OFF that want to flash the kernel through bootloader as well?

If it is possible to just take the boot.img (kernel) from the one version you have up and add it to the one w/o the boot.img in it and flash that through bootloader; I can just do that...

Let me know please and THANK YOU MUCH for being so quick about it.

Yea, hold up. ;)

Reactions: LaloHigh

jayseersts

Sep 13, 2011
Can I flash this being on mean Rom 3.4 or would I need to got to a stock rooted rom?

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

Evo_Shift

Jan 17, 2011
Is there something that prevents flashing if your battery is too low? I tried and it failed so I redownloaded and tried again but failed. Admittedly my battery is at 13% right now though. Or would being on viper ROM prevent it for some reason?

Last edited:

cabbieBot

Apr 5, 2010
twitter.com
Is there something that prevents flashing if your battery is too low? I tried and it failed so I redownloaded and tried again but failed. Admittedly my battery is at 13% right now though. Or would being on viper ROM prevent it for some reason?

i believe the answer is Yes and flashing stuff while that low is playing with fire. Turn it off, put it on a wall charger and wait 30 minutes, bro. The file ain't going anywhere :)

Reactions: Evo_Shift

jsonger121

Jan 31, 2012
W.Va.

Don't hold me to it but i dont think it matters what ROM your on because this is just firmware updates not a new ROM. i have the same problem sometimes when doing this kind of install method and the problem is that its named wrong. once you d load it and put it on your SD card go into es file explore and rename it in there. then try again and see what happens.

detcup4evr

Jun 18, 2010
Commerce Twp
github.com

You should be 50 %, my recommendation is 100% before u start fooling around with ur phone, I learned that lesson the hard way when I bricked my phone with 30 % battery and it didn't want to charge, and ruu wouldn't run since the phone didn't have enough power. I eventually got the phone to charge but I had no phone for like 2 hours, you never know what can go wrong. Especially with radios they will brick ur phone for good.

Reactions: Evo_Shift

creepdogg

Dec 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
I know from past experience with my evo 3d, running a new rom with a new base, and having the older firmware caused issues, but it shouldn't cause issues running new firmware with older rom base right?

timtlm

Mar 17, 2008
St Louis

I'm pretty sure you have to be S-OFF to flash. You would get errors if you're not since these aren't signed with HTCs key.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey there. Today we were fortune enough to see such a beautiful update with Android 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1. Along came some new firmware. Here you'll find three flashable zips, one with the entire firmware package (new hboot, kernel, and recovery), one without hboot and recovery, and one just alike, but without the kernel, hboot, and recovery. I've tested the no kernel, hboot, and recovery version, and it was successful.

Don't blame me if your phone blows up. I didn't make these, I am simply sharing them. I am here to help if you need it though.
    Requirements:
    S-Off

How to flash (install):
    Download your zip of choice, and rename it to PJ75IMG.zip, and save it to the root of your external sd card. Reboot into bootloader mode, and accept the update. Let it run through, and wait for the successful message. Don't forget to delete the PJ75IMG.zip off of the root of your external sd card after updating, so that if worst case scenario, you can reboot into bootloader or recovery mode. Once you flash the latest firmware, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REVERRT TO THE PREVIOUS FIRMWARE VERSION. It has been reported to brick devices for good!

Code:
    [B]Downloads:[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]These two include the newest kernel, which has been reported to break WiFi on roms based on old versions. (1.13.651.1 and 1.22.651.1) Proceed with caution...
    [/COLOR][/B]2.13.651.1 Firmware (Includes New Kernel, HBoot, and Recovery.) - [URL]REMOVED FOR SAFETY[/URL] [B]MD5: 562d9d40a03645438fe24918aed3da42[/B]

2.13.651.1 Firmware (No HBoot or Recovery) - [URL]http://db.tt/mo2LJ9Am[/URL] [B]MD5: 71EB50966907B194DF23312C2850EB33[/B]
    [B][COLOR="Red"]
    This version is the complete firmware update package, excluding the new kernel, hboot, and recovery.[/COLOR][/B]
    [I][B](Recommended)[/B][/I]
    2.13.651.1 Firmware (No Kernel, Hboot, or Recovery.) - [URL]http://db.tt/K4bKYiib[/URL] [B]MD5: 4D3EE2D35F3A6210ADF8FAC0D2F6C9E5[/B]

Q&A:
    Q: "I flashed a version with the new kernel included, and all of a sudden my WiFi is borked, F*#% YOU RYDAH! How do i fix it?"
    A: Revert to a kernel that is based on your rom version. You have a few options, 1: Restore a recent nandroid. Be sure to only restore the "boot" partition, and you'll be good to go. 2: Re-flash the kernel you were using. If you'd like, you could take the modules folder from the OTA, and push them over, replacing the old modules folder. (SYSTEM/LIB/MODULES/) - That is merely a suggestion, as others have stated, but I cannot confirm this, as I am running 2.13.651.1.

Q: "I put the zip on my external SD card, booted into bootloader mode, and it didn't recognize/find the zip, what the hell man!?"
    A: Make sure you don't have a copy on the root of your internal memory card, and be POSITIVE, that it is named correctly. (NOT PJ75IMG.zip.zip)

Didn't realize you'd posted this already.

At any rate, my Radio thread is now updated with this stuff as well, including standalone flashables for the boot.img, PRI, and Radio through recovery for the 1.12 HBOOT S-ON folks.
    This may be a dumb question but why would anyone want to flash the hboot and recovery version or is it useful for developers somehow?

No, but someone will eventually use it. ;)

thanks boss!!!!!!!! your quick!!!!!!! :good:

No problem. Just trying to follow in Freezas steps, since he's not here anymore.

Just my opinion but the only think you really should be flashing at this point if anything would be the new radio. Why run a new kernel and firmware on an older base? Just opens the door for issues such as the wifi issue some of you are experiencing. Wait until roms are updated with the new base before messing with the firmware and kernel.

Sent from my released from customs Evo Lte!
    I'm not rooted so I flashed the file with all the updates, including hboot, radio and kernel, now my wifi is toasted, it just says error and has no MAC listed.

Just a warning, I'm trying to resolve it now.

A good assumption would be that you need the modules from the new Rom so that the kernel matches up with it. Probably only need prima_wlan.ko ... Since the vermagic changed from version to version. /system/lib/modules

Edit: rydah might want to include a flashable zip with those modules.

Also since we are dealing with firmware, posting md5 would be good to make sure but 1 byte is off on the download.