• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

2.2 OTA Update in next 2 weeks - From HTC support

Search This thread

jonnobright

Jan 4, 2008
Dear Jonathan, Thank you for contacting us in regards to your flash player issue. Within the next 2 weeks HTC wil release the Android 2.2 OS over the air. The will enable the lastest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device and will resolve any exisiting issues. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Best regards, xxxxxxxxxxxxx HTC Technical Support

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What can I say! bring it on!

MaTiCeK-

Apr 23, 2010
I still wouldn't be too suprised if it doesn't come out at that time.

By now it's getting kind of a fail on Google's side that they teased us with Froyo mid may and still haven't officially released it even on the N1. I'm afraid Apple's iOS 4 will beat Froyo to the market. After iOS4 mass market will not care much for Android at least for another half year.

We have to keep our hopes high though, so hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be running Froyo.

Last edited:

veryjiggy

Apr 26, 2010
I still wouldn't be too suprised if it doesn't come out at that time.

By now it's getting kind of a fail on Google's side that they teased us with Froyo mid may and still haven't officially released it even on the N1. I'm afraid Apple's iOS 4 will beat Froyo to the market. After iOS4 mass market will not care much for Android at least for another half year.

We have to keep our hopes high though, so hopefully in 2 weeks we'll be running Froyo.

I agree. I think if you don't release the update within a few weeks of announcing it publicly, it reflects very badly on your planning/preparation. And as much as I hate Apple, I think they are pretty good at these things, while Google clearly has a long way to go. If they do screw up with Froyo, Android's dreams of catching up with iPhone in terms of market share would remain dreams for a long long time.

Aitese

Apr 15, 2010
London
Ah, so it begins. The rumour of the 23rd of June is now being pushed back by another two weeks before we even get to the 23rd.

Can we stop this? In just under two weeks someone will receive another email pushing it back another few weeks, and again, and again and so on.

Until HTC say "It'll be out on this date" this emailing customer service nonsense should just stop.

Last edited:

veryjiggy

Apr 26, 2010
Ah, so it begins. The rumour of the 23rd of June is now being pushed back by another two weeks before we even get to the 23rd.

Can we stop this? In just under two weeks someone will receive another email pushing it back another few weeks, and again, and again and so on.

Until HTC say "It'll be out on this date" this emailing customer service nonsense should just stop.

It says 'within the next two weeks'. ;-)
Chill dude.

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Last time i checked the 23rd was in the next 2 weeks. OTA updates are rarely on the same date for everyone for a number of reasons, so an exact date may not be possible.

jonnobright

Jan 4, 2008

I emailed customer service because I wanted to know if they had a fix for embedded flash not working, not to find out if there was an update coming, just thought I'd share the reply.

within the next 2 weeks includes the 23rd as far as my calender goes btw and they'd be stupid to update all desires on the same day - the network stress would be ridiculous!

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
i mailed htc when i saw this thread and got a denial in return :(

Dear <me>, Thank you for contacting us. In regards to your query, I am afraid but that is not an official statment from HTC. Please find below the official statment about the update to 2.2 Froyo: "We are considering a Froyo(2.2) upgrade for some models of our phones, but we are still analyzing the impact this will have on the user experience. We will announce a full list of phones and dates once we are closer to launching the upgrades." I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Kind regards, <dude at htc>. HTC

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
Yes, but once somebody here has it, everybody here has it. Or so I hope...

Not over the air. How many desires have seen sold? Have a guess and multiply it by the 150MB or so of the update and see why not everyone will get it on the same day..

Personally im waiting for cooked Froyo Desire ROMs. Im sure the stock one will be nice, but i want FULL A2SD.

sajcobitsj

Sep 15, 2009
Some of you guys need to get a life! Continue with your life without bitching around and when the update eventually comes, you'll see it. Those people at the helpdesk in HTC HQ are just people like you and me trying to do their job. They're told what to and (and more specific) what NOT to say.

So hold your horses, quit bitching and bothering them, they're no gods, they're just lads trying to earn their beer.

Once the update is READY, you'll all see it flashing on your screen.

Thank you.

tommo123

May 28, 2010
Liverpool
Not over the air. How many desires have seen sold? Have a guess and multiply it by the 150MB or so of the update and see why not everyone will get it on the same day..

Personally im waiting for cooked Froyo Desire ROMs. Im sure the stock one will be nice, but i want FULL A2SD.

is there no way to just host it online and have it downloaded over regular internet?

i'm imagining it being like flashing the firmware of a dvdwriter or something.

would make it faster by a long shot and not impact the 3g network

refelian

May 17, 2008
This reply does kind of fit in the other leaks about froyo on the Desire. Namely end of June.

Off course until we actually have it on our phones it remains a question whether or not they can deliver in a timely fashion (unlike other htc android handhelds)

But the regular slips of htc support seem promising

tuatha

Apr 17, 2010
Dear Jonathan, Thank you for contacting us in regards to your flash player issue. Within the next 2 weeks HTC wil release the Android 2.2 OS over the air. The will enable the lastest version of Adobe Flash Player on your device and will resolve any exisiting issues. I trust that this resolves your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC. Best regards, xxxxxxxxxxxxx HTC Technical Support

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What can I say! bring it on!

Write back and ask him if he's sure about that estimate, and that other HTC reps have denied it. :)

See what he says.