2.2 Theme Help

Search This thread

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
I really like the SE Style maybe im the only one but i like the blue. But i really like the 2.2 from z too and its stable and fun too play with but now my Question. I modded some Themes like GreenGlow with different Icons like Wifi icon and this i extracted from MIUI Rom but i dont know is it possibile to copy drawable-hdpi from SE 2,1 in 2.2 Framework and have the blue theme on 2.2 or what do i need to do. Please help me i really want it. If someone can help me and there are some People who maybe like the blue too i will release it here.

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
You need to go through the frameworks and mod, rename the images ect, just copy and pasting wont work. Read the theme reference thread too.

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓
Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuueeee :)

Well you are not alone,

Im in to blue color too., you can copy some images from 2.1 version but make sure you have correct pixel size of the image not only image name, otherwise you will have wired output or you want be able to boot the phone.

I have moded my own version of blue for 2.2 beta3 of Z. most resources I get from all arround the the wold and some samsung forums, but main contribution from X10 forum is from SEMPITERNAL & XperiaX10iUser themes, fonts.

And I didn't see blue color progress bar anyplace so far, so I crated for my taste, im fine with stock battery percentage so I made my own set for battery and lock screen. but modded some items in service jar to suite black base. And some other mods here n there I cant remember exactly.

Here are some previews.

75232728.png

76715618.png

74297049.png

Still I dont know how to make clock white and some lockscreen related phone.apk need to mod.

Framework mod link to download.

Install via xrecovery

Only for 2.2.1 beta 3
Download from mediafire folder - http://www.mediafire.com/shiwantha
OR
Direct Link http://www.mediafire.com/?bmmpc5kwqpbwbqg

Last edited:

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
How can i change the Text Color in the Notification bar i want it in the Notification Bar white but when i pull it down i want it black like in 2.1 SE Rom. The Text in Pull Down is already Black but Provider is in grey and the others in black i want them in white, can someone please help me?

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓
How can i change the Text Color in the Notification bar i want it in the Notification Bar white but when i pull it down i want it black like in 2.1 SE Rom. The Text in Pull Down is already Black but Provider is in grey and the others in black i want them in white, can someone please help me?

Notification bar is related to 3 Items.

1. framework-res.apk
apart from the images,you need to edit status_bar_expanded.xml & status_bar_icon.xml. Notification clear button related to this. Color of the progress bar is editable in progress_horizontal.xml

2. services.jar
Need to decompile classes.dex and edit

3. DownloadProvider.apk
When you download or upload, this is the place its related items. need to edit status_bar_ongoing_event_progress_bar.xml

Note: This is based on 2.2.1 beta3 of Z. I think other roms also have the same structure. but 2.3 will have new item called settingsUI.apk to play with.

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
Notification bar is related to 3 Items.

1. framework-res.apk
apart from the images,you need to edit status_bar_expanded.xml & status_bar_icon.xml. Notification clear button related to this. Color of the progress bar is editable in progress_horizontal.xml

2. services.jar
Need to decompile classes.dex and edit

3. DownloadProvider.apk
When you download or upload, this is the place its related items. need to edit status_bar_ongoing_event_progress_bar.xml

Note: This is based on 2.2.1 beta3 of Z. I think other roms also have the same structure. but 2.3 will have new item called settingsUI.apk to play with.

Damn^^ Sounds hard, can i copy the xml from 2.1 SE Framework or something and what do i need to do in services.jar und DownloadProvider.apk i dont get that^^

Edit: I reached it to get most of it to work but i have 2 Problems left. I want the T-Mobile A in white not in grey and the Clock in white not in black but this is not possible for now i know but how can i get the T-Mobile A in white? This is 2.2 from z and not 2.1 Stock SE just to be clear. Also i dont like the Froyo Dialer much and i hate the Callscreen it looks ugly and i always put others on hold. Someone know how to change this?

Edit2: Found another one, the USB Debugging and USB Connected Text is Black in Status Bar when i plug in the Text comes black but i just want it black in Pulldown like in Screen and not in Status bar.

Attachments

• snap20110131_134902.jpg
    snap20110131_134902.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓
Damn^^ Sounds hard, can i copy the xml from 2.1 SE Framework or something and what do i need to do in services.jar und DownloadProvider.apk i dont get that^^

Edit: I reached it to get most of it to work but i have 2 Problems left. I want the T-Mobile A in white not in grey and the Clock in white not in black but this is not possible for now i know but how can i get the T-Mobile A in white? This is 2.2 from z and not 2.1 Stock SE just to be clear. Also i dont like the Froyo Dialer much and i hate the Callscreen it looks ugly and i always put others on hold. Someone know how to change this?

Edit2: Found another one, the USB Debugging and USB Connected Text is Black in Status Bar when i plug in the Text comes black but i just want it black in Pulldown like in Screen and not in Status bar.

What ever you do, dont copy xml files from 2.1 to the beta 2.2. you will end not been able to boot the phone.

You need to mod phone.apk for the call interface. I will post my framework tomorrow, I need to do the finishing touch.

Wolfbreak

Aug 8, 2010
What ever you do, dont copy xml files from 2.1 to the beta 2.2. you will end not been able to boot the phone.

You need to mod phone.apk for the call interface. I will post my framework tomorrow, I need to do the finishing touch.

I edited Froyo Call Interface to GB it looks better but still not good. I want it to look like SE 2.1 Dialer and i want to Hold button on other place i always touch it with my Ear accidently. I have got all a 2.2 Theme that is very similar to SE 2.1 i just need to change Clock,Carrier and USB Color in Status Bar to white and mod the Call Screen then its perfect for me.

Shiwantha

Apr 9, 2010
◐◑◒◓
How do i reinstall market in xperia x10 2.0.2.A.0.24

Help

Thank you

This is wrong place to ask, but if you can be specific, we can help you out.

Do you want to update excising market or as a fresh install, is you phone rooted?:confused:

Of you use search, you will get lots of articles related to market off 2.1