2.3.5 Will be official

zvorkapic.os

Jan 27, 2011
Osijek
Here's the response i got from HTC today,

"In regards to your enquiry kindly note that, yes, the update Android 2.3.5 and HTC Sense 3.0 is available for HTC Wildfire S. The exact date of release for each country is not confirmed at the moment as we work with different operators in different countries to make this release easy and fast as possible. Please soft reset the phone (take the battery out and put it back again) and then go to menu> settings> about phone> Software updates. If update is available please follow the instructions and please try to use Wi-Fi connection (recommended)."

So no need to root and other ****, just be patient.

miguelca

Jun 15, 2010
Not every one, after the testing report from someone in Taiwan, the 2.3.5 RUU update doesn't support CHINESE language and input!

but i'm really exciting with the 2.3.5 update for Wildfire S

Sorry for poor English...
I think it's normal that the 2.3.5 RUU doesn't support Chinese language and input. It's made for the European market... ;)

I'm almost sure that they mean Gingerbread 2.3.5 + Sense 2.1 + Sense 3.0 lockscreen. It would be too good to be true to have Sense 3.0 on a "cheap" device like the WFS. However I am positive and will wait for the officialization of the update. In the meanwhile I can wait with my manually updated phone.
I wouldn't want the update by Vodafone anyway... comes with too much crap software and very small user memory available. :(

H

Henry_1

I think it's normal that the 2.3.5 RUU doesn't support Chinese language and input. It's made for the European market... ;)

I'm almost sure that they mean Gingerbread 2.3.5 + Sense 2.1 + Sense 3.0 lockscreen. It would be too good to be true to have Sense 3.0 on a "cheap" device like the WFS. However I am positive and will wait for the officialization of the update. In the meanwhile I can wait with my manually updated phone.
I wouldn't want the update by Vodafone anyway... comes with too much crap software and very small user memory available. :(
I think that the update from htc is actually the 2.3.5 RUU.
HTC is always behind, and I think it will be the same in this matter.

The differences between sense 2.1 and 3 are minimal (except lockscreen).
For more info about this: Check!

Don't want to scare you guys, just my opinion :p:p

vctrdnl

Nov 30, 2009
Mannheim
Judging a post by HTC Turkey on Facebook it looks like some of the new but not so new HTCs will be getting the long awaited Gingerbread 2.3.5 and Sense 3.0 update. Those smartphones will include the Desire HD, Desire S, Wildfire S (with Sense 2.1 instead) and the Incredible S. There will also be an upgrade to Honeycomb for the Flyer tablet as well as smaller updates to the Salsa and ChaCha.

Here is the full list of upgrades as well as an approximate ETA:

HTC Desire HD - Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 - 15 December
HTC Desire S - Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 - 15 December
HTC Incredible S - Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 3.0 - 10 December
HTC Wildfire S - Android 2.3.5 with HTC Sense 2.1 + new lockscreen - 10 December
HTC Flyer - Android 3.2 Honeycomb - December
HTC Salsa and HTC ChaCha - system update, which brings improved wireless and Twitter - December
This is some information from the Internet, I can't vouch for its reliability.

Nightshadow931

Oct 25, 2011
Belgrade
Looks like the person who sent you that e-mail is idiot.
He don't even know what he is talking about.
We never got Sense 3.0, we just got lockscreen from Sense 3.0, but sense version is still 2.1.

vctrdnl

Nov 30, 2009
Mannheim
The HTC Explorer has a cut-off version of Sense 3.5 as Wildfire S has a light version of Sense 3.0 (Sense 2.1 + Lock Screen 3.0). If you compare the interfaces of HTC Rhyme and HTC Explorer you will see what I mean. Still, both devices claim to have Sense 3.5... These are all just numbers in the Software information and that's all.

Personally, I prefer the Wildfire S's interface to the Explorer's one. ;)

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone