2.5gb of internal space?? after installing CM 12.1 please help me..

Search This thread

durexdevil666

Nov 22, 2015
after i installed CM12.1 my storage gone i have only 2.5gb of space... i did backup with CWM, but now i use twrp and cant flash cwm for restoring i dont know what to do... was trying repartition but unsucced

tlr_scott

Mar 9, 2011
I have this problem in my Z7 max, How to solve?

Hi. I don't know if you or the previous poster have found any answers. I also have this problem. I think I figured out the cause, but cant fix it my phone yet because I'm having issues connecting to ABD.

The reason that I believe that only 2.5GB is showing for the internal memory is android 5 and above the internal storage is combined. If you have not installed the proper update (v2.13 official rom) from ZTE than android only sees the system partition which is about 2.5GB and makes system files and internal storage share this partitioned space. Unless I am understanding incorrectly, after you install official rom v2.13 you will have now have combined the internal memory partitions into one. After this you can then install any rom (following the roms instructions).

If anyone knows how to combine the system and internal memory partition without going through the ZTE flash installer process, please share.

Thanks

C0nv1v14L M3

Jan 26, 2018
Hi. I don't know if you or the previous poster have found any answers. I also have this problem. I think I figured out the cause, but cant fix it my phone yet because I'm having issues connecting to ABD.

The reason that I believe that only 2.5GB is showing for the internal memory is android 5 and above the internal storage is combined. If you have not installed the proper update (v2.13 official rom) from ZTE than android only sees the system partition which is about 2.5GB and makes system files and internal storage share this partitioned space. Unless I am understanding incorrectly, after you install official rom v2.13 you will have now have combined the internal memory partitions into one. After this you can then install any rom (following the roms instructions).

If anyone knows how to combine the system and internal memory partition without going through the ZTE flash installer process, please share.

Thanks
I think it's a must to go through the flash installer process, that's how I fixed my z7mini. I now have 12gb instead of 2.5gb.

C0nv1v14L M3

Jan 26, 2018

aldebarana

Dec 23, 2013
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
It's 2021 I imagine they have fixed it. Why I write this post because I had this team z7max. When I put room with android 5 or 7 was the same l memory was reduced to only 2 GB of free space. I searched forums and l solution was to flash a specific version of android that can resize the internal partitions of the mobile and thus be able to install the latest versions and I could solve it. I managed to get the right room and flash not with twrp but with another application via PC. Now I have it with Nuget and shows the total capacity of the internal memory. I'm thinking of adding oreo to it to see how it goes.
Es 2021 me imagino que lo abran solucionado. Por qué escribo este post porque yo tuve este equipo el z7max. Al poner room con android 5 o 7 quedaba igual l memoria de reducía a solo 2 GB de espacio libre. Busque en foros y l solución era flashear con una versión específica de android por que pueda dar nuevo tamaño a las particiones internas del mobil y así poder instalar las versiones más modernas y lo pude solucionar. Logré conseguir la room adecuada y flashear no con twrp es con otro aplicativo via PC. Ahora lo tengo con Nuget y muestra la capacidad total de la memoria interna . Estoy pensndole meter oreo haber cómo va.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Mod edit - translated by https://www.deepl.com/translator:
It's 2021 I imagine they have fixed it. Why I write this post because I had this team z7max. When I put room with android 5 or 7 was the same l memory was reduced to only 2 GB of free space. I searched forums and l solution was to flash a specific version of android that can resize the internal partitions of the mobile and thus be able to install the latest versions and I could solve it. I managed to get the right room and flash not with twrp but with another application via PC. Now I have it with Nuget and shows the total capacity of the internal memory. I'm thinking of adding oreo to it to see how it goes.
Es 2021 me imagino que lo abran solucionado. Por qué escribo este post porque yo tuve este equipo el z7max. Al poner room con android 5 o 7 quedaba igual l memoria de reducía a solo 2 GB de espacio libre. Busque en foros y l solución era flashear con una versión específica de android por que pueda dar nuevo tamaño a las particiones internas del mobil y así poder instalar las versiones más modernas y lo pude solucionar. Logré conseguir la room adecuada y flashear no con twrp es con otro aplicativo via PC. Ahora lo tengo con Nuget y muestra la capacidad total de la memoria interna . Estoy pensndole meter oreo haber cómo va.
Please use the English language!

XDA Forum Rules:
4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.