20 seconds tutorial to fix MD5 mismatch error no terminal needed

Search This thread

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Hi recently i read thread about fix MD5 mismatch error but it uses terminal and some lines which sometimes result in errors and are difficult to remember all steps also so i after my research i found this that we DON'T NEED terminal emulator or something to fix it. we can fix it in just 20 seconds. HOW ? read below > :eek:

1. Go to backup folder of clockworkmod

2. Rename backup folder to the name you want for example XYZ

Note: dont add space between names.

3. open that folder and open this file nandroid.md5 with any text editor, i use DB text editor which comes with OI file manager

you will see something like this :

screenshot-1348636273794.png

4. delete everything from it except boot.img and recovery.img line.
after doing this u will see something like this :

screenshot-1348636421756.png

thats all now save it and test it it will work for sure as it works for me everytime.
Good Luck :cool:

Last edited:

atishey23

Apr 27, 2012
You are looking at it
I did same as told here but it didn't helped me it is stuck at md5 sums mistach. Plz tell me what to do.
BTW I am on I_two_v2.4 based on cm7.2. Plz tell me that I can I use this tutorial on this rom backup.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
I did same as told here but it didn't helped me it is stuck at md5 sums mistach. Plz tell me what to do.
BTW I am on I_two_v2.4 based on cm7.2. Plz tell me that I can I use this tutorial on this rom backup.

its very very simple bro just make sure there is no space after and before lines and do make sure its like in this image above as u see there nothing much technical in this. many people have got benefit through this even me. :good:

atishey23

Apr 27, 2012
You are looking at it
I am asking only for only knowledge purpose. If you would tell me i would be very greatfull to you,
i want to ask what happens when we delete thise line from md5 sums file.

Shamma

Jul 1, 2012
Cairo
This method is a noob proof method, but i wouldnt recommend it! Simply because skipping an md5 checksum on some of the data files in the nandroid md5 isnt a smart move, specially if you're restoring a rom such as CM which uses codeworkx in its md5.
Idk, i would go with the terminal emulator and fix the issue there! If you ask some well known devs, they will tell you its not a smart idea to skip any type of md5 sum

mor_1228

Oct 3, 2010
Delhi
Some people dont have enough knowledge about fixing md5 so this will help them.
I always follow this tutorial and i never faced even a single issue till now so no harm in this method.

sent from MARS!!!!

jozean01

Jun 30, 2012
Taguig
Oh what in the name of the Goooodness.

You SAVED ME MAN!!!! SUPER THANK YOUUU!!!!!!!

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Hi recently i read thread about fix MD5 mismatch error but it uses terminal and some lines which sometimes result in errors and are difficult to remember all steps also so i after my research i found this that we DON'T NEED terminal emulator or something to fix it. we can fix it in just 20 seconds. HOW ? read below > :eek:

3. open that folder and open this file nandroid.md5 with any text editor, i use DB text editor which comes with OI file manager

cb7239334f.jpg

2f4eed7262.jpg

thats all now save it and test it it will work for sure as it works for me everytime.

Rom: Chobits
Editor: RB text editor (root browser)

When I open the md5 file, I did not see the boot.img and recovery.img line exept the rest, so I deleted everything leaving the Md5 Empty. Then on the CWM I restore it, suddenly, I freak out|!!!!! It REALLY WORKED!!!! packingfreakinton! You're a freakin genius! :D

Chester Loh

Aug 18, 2012
But now my galaxy ace s5830 just stop black screen show "samsung"... how to change the file name ? Urgent help ! Thx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

screenshot-1348636273794.png

screenshot-1348636421756.png

Thank you so much! You're a freaken life/phone saver!!! :D:D:D

You welcome mate happy to know i helped you.

Sent from samsung Galaxy S-4
    Dude, Thanks a lot. :) You deserve a lot more thanks on this post:p

working my best to help members. i will come up with more tricks when i find eligible to post here.

its very very simple bro just make sure there is no space after and before lines and do make sure its like in this image above as u see there nothing much technical in this. many people have got benefit through this even me. :good:
    Thank you so much! You're a freaken life/phone saver!!! :D:D:D