[2008/10/28 v0.5.1] G-Watch (Stop watch & Countdown timer with GPS support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Hello again!

It's time for a new tool: G-Watch!

G-Watch is a stop watch and a countdown timer with all features you'll expect of a stopwatch.

As an additional feature I provide GPS support. You can (you don't have to!!) use your GPS device to monitor your training session.

You can export your sessions to CVS (e.g. for Excel), KML or GPX (e.g. for Google Earth)

For a full todo list visit: http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gwatch/todo

Screen01.jpg
Screen02.jpg

More screenshots:
here

Todo list:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gwatch/todo

Changelog
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gwatch/changelog

Skins
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gwatch/skins

Multilanguage support
not yet supported

Your turn:
  • If you find bugs, have ideas or want to tell me anything else, write it here
  • I'm a poor student... Donations are welcome ;-)

Donations received:
nothing yet ;)

This software is freeware! I take no responsibility if the distance is calculated the wrong way and you think you're faster than superman!

Thanks for using and supporting G-Watch...

Download

AppToDate users:

counter.png.php

Last edited:

_RMB_

Feb 24, 2007
miami
egeye??!!! what in the world is seriously wrong with you??

your coming out with progs that are necessities and are by far supreme...

thank you again for your time and effort and your progs....

congrats on your knowledge!!!

punalex

Feb 17, 2008
Hong Kong
1. Can GPS support UTM and not only longitude and latitude
2. Try to combine G-Alarm and G-Watch, at lease two software can share the same setting(options)

[germany]merlot

Oct 27, 2007
And another awesome ageye production. :D

This is the only thing I've missed on my Omnia. Now I got a complete phone.

Thanks mate for the great and useful program. I hope it'll be so successful and innovative like G-Alarm.

xwaiz

Nov 5, 2007
Hong Kong
good stuff!

couple suggestions:
1. can you make the start/stop and split buttons bigger?
2. a short vibrate or tone when start/stop button is pressed.
3. ability to turn off the screen to save battery.

It would be perfect for me if you can combine the good points of GpsCycleComputer and StopWatch. (you can find these two apps under Diamond forum)

emay

Dec 10, 2003
I would welcome another button which would stop and restart, or maybe just a restart button, starting the timer again from the current time.

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
Will this eventually be able to set split intervals in GPS mode. For example, I am going to run 6 miles and I want to know my 1 mile split times, will this eventually have a setting to manually set the split interval for every 1 mile in GPS Mode?

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Will this eventually be able to set split intervals in GPS mode. For example, I am going to run 6 miles and I want to know my 1 mile split times, will this eventually have a setting to manually set the split interval for every 1 mile in GPS Mode?

that's a good idea... I'll add it to the todo list. I tested G-Watch today more thoroughly - it's not very reliable yet (well it's v0.1.1) but it will become better! I promise!

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
that's a good idea... I'll add it to the todo list. I tested G-Watch today more thoroughly - it's not very reliable yet (well it's v0.1.1) but it will become better! I promise!

Sounds good. I've messed around with it a little, it definitely has great potential. Thank you for the development and look forward to future releases.

custardo01

Jul 17, 2007
London
Many many thanks once again for developing an application I can really use and was looking for.

I just managed to catch your post before I went off for the day on my bicycle. I installed it, mounted it on the bike and took it with me on a 24km/15 mile trip. This is what I found:-

1. The speed reading is not working with GPS option enabled. Altitude is working and longitude/latitude.

2. Using it the first time the device went to sleep as per the system settings - 5 mins on battery power. When I woke it up straight away the timer had stopped. If I left it for say 10/15 mins asleep and then woke it up the timer was still running.

The second time I used it on the way back home the device did not go to sleep but the screen dimmed. I could then wake it up by touching the screen which was actually better than pressing the power button and maybe useful for saving battery power? Not sure why it behaved differently on second use.

3. On a bicycle it is difficult to see the information being given as the text is too small. Needs to be as big and bold as the time at the top of the page really.

Suggestions:-

1. Larger start/split buttons and larger text for info given as above.

2. Battery status - to check gps drain on battery.

3. More GPS info which is on your to do list I know - average speed/max speed etc...

4. Option for Miles Per Hour or Km/h. Not sure if that is what the left hand side reading is or not as the speed did not work - if it is maybe it should say mph instead of m.

5. Not essential but useful for me personally - a running log text file where the info can be copied/imported into a spreadsheet to keep a record of exercise done for the week/month. I know this is sort of on your to do list as well.

Hope that helps for now. Look forward to testing the next version.

custardo01

Jul 17, 2007
London
New version released: v0.1.2

It's getting better ;-)

I see what you mean and so quick!

I have not been out with it but there is definitely some speed showing now. It takes longer to get a fix on the GPS - the last version was super quick. A price to pay for the improvements I guess.

Would really like the speed to be more visible with a bigger bold font and I notice the lap time column in bold is not fitting into it's box - some figures at beginning and end not showing fully.

Will take it out and about tomorrow morning.

Great stuff indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.