Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
Hello again!

Some users of G-Alarm asked me, if I can make a profile switcher for Windows Mobile devices...

Here it is: G-Profile

Screen01.jpg
Screen02.jpg

Features:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/about

Todo list:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/todo

Changelog:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/changelog

Screenshots:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=gprofile/screens

Download:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download

AppToDate users:
counter.png.php

Last edited:

Aafjes

Mar 19, 2008
Yep Yep. Another great idea, which probably is gonna be a great application.
I feel more and more happy I donated you some coffee. A great coder like you should be rewarded!

daan4suz

Jan 7, 2007
Dusseldorf
Hi Ageye,

Just started to try your G-alarm and now you start something great like this. I will for sure use this. So will start trying and give you some feedback for improvements and bugs.

Don't worry about the eye candy yet, first get it functional and bug free :)

Some observations:
- the current version seems to have no default profile. (like: if no rules apply, use default profile)
- If there is a time profile, there is only a starting time to be set, if there is a default profile (see first point), it would work well to have a time slot - meaning beginning and ending time - and after this time slot, it would switch back to default profile

Some first things to consider to add:
- It would be handy to have a default profile setting. Meaning a profile that would be set, when no other profiles rules are met.
- with appointment based profile, it would be good to add the possibility to use privacy of appointments. As I use my agenda for both work as well as private. However I don't want my phone to go to vibrate during a private appointment, as it needs to do during a business appointment.
That is where using the privacy would come in and make sure that only appointments with no privacy are used for switching to this profile.

No bugs to report yet :D
Hope this helps any.

Daan

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
More flexibility

Nice app...installed on Polaris and works although would like to see more improvements...

a) For the Volume, rather than specifying Normal, Vibrate, Soft - I would like to like to see the slider to increase/decrease the volume level to the amount I want for each profile...

b) I do nott know if this is possible or not - but if a command line interface can be integrated to switch profiles then - imagine the flexibilty covered. Apps like UL, TC and other UI's used for daily use can open up immense doors...once command, one icon and profile changes !!

c) Specifying of differnet Ringtones, Alerts for different profiles...

my 2p thoughts on the to do lists...a) and c) is already available on Profiles for Windows Mobile - but b) is something that would really benefit!

chris10230

May 19, 2008
feature request

hi

great thing as i have wnated soemthing liek this for a while

but it would be good for it to be able to switch if a bluetooth headset or wired headset is plugged in.

also for this it would be good to have to weighting system whereby this would override a profile that would have been in use already.

cheers for the app interesting to see what the future hold for it.

hotdoc0

Oct 19, 2008
G-Alarm is one of the BEST softwares ihave used on any windows platform...BRILLIANT!

Keep it up!

Regards
hotdoc0

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
some observations:
appointment based profiles seem to work. Unfortunately time scheduled profiles don't work when the device is in standby mode for too long time. Will fix this severe bug asap.

Some observations:
- the current version seems to have no default profile. (like: if no rules apply, use default profile)
- If there is a time profile, there is only a starting time to be set, if there is a default profile (see first point), it would work well to have a time slot - meaning beginning and ending time - and after this time slot, it would switch back to default profile

Some first things to consider to add:
- It would be handy to have a default profile setting. Meaning a profile that would be set, when no other profiles rules are met.
- with appointment based profile, it would be good to add the possibility to use privacy of appointments. As I use my agenda for both work as well as private. However I don't want my phone to go to vibrate during a private appointment, as it needs to do during a business appointment.
That is where using the privacy would come in and make sure that only appointments with no privacy are used for switching to this profile.

@1: default profile - good idea. G-Profile has already this function but only very basic. If there is no active profile and there is an appointment it remembers the default values and restores them afterwards...
But you're right: a default profile is important...
@2: time profiles will be improved in some later version with many different time patterns (similar to G-Alarm)
@3: privacy of appts: unfortunately this requires some more work because this is not in the registry but in pocketoutlook itself. I'll add it - promised!

Nice app...installed on Polaris and works although would like to see more improvements...

a) For the Volume, rather than specifying Normal, Vibrate, Soft - I would like to like to see the slider to increase/decrease the volume level to the amount I want for each profile...

b) I do nott know if this is possible or not - but if a command line interface can be integrated to switch profiles then - imagine the flexibilty covered. Apps like UL, TC and other UI's used for daily use can open up immense doors...once command, one icon and profile changes !!

c) Specifying of differnet Ringtones, Alerts for different profiles...

my 2p thoughts on the to do lists...a) and c) is already available on Profiles for Windows Mobile - but b) is something that would really benefit!

a) There are already volume sliders which are only visible when you specifiy "Normal"
b) very good idea. Of course, this is possible! I will add this feature...
c) different ringtones: good idea, which alerts do you mean?

but it would be good for it to be able to switch if a bluetooth headset or wired headset is plugged in.

also for this it would be good to have to weighting system whereby this would override a profile that would have been in use already.

I: headset/handsfree profiles will come soon...
II: I don't really understand the meaning? do you mean that an profile which may not override other profiles can only be activated when the default profile is set?

-----------------------------

some other questions:
I'm not really sure if the wifi control works on every device - have you any problems to report, yet?
I wrote down all of your ideas, maybe I can release some features soon... First of all there will be bugfixing and some new important features. Afterwards there will be some gui improvements...

chris10230

May 19, 2008
some observations:

II: I don't really understand the meaning? do you mean that an profile which may not override other profiles can only be activated when the default profile is set?

i mean that if you one set on an appointment rule set up and then you were to plug in a headset that the headset rule would over be favoured over the appointment rule.

Useful if a lecture ends early i dont need to mannually put up the volume again it will just be done by the new profile being selected.

devdarshan

Apr 10, 2005
London
b) very good idea. Of course, this is possible! I will add this feature...

** Thanks - Am sure this will really benefit.

c) different ringtones: good idea, which alerts do you mean?

** By Alerts - what I meant was to be able to change the tones for SMS/MMS/Ringtones etc - this way - let's say - when I am at work - I could change the tones to something decent/soft and while with friends/outside - I could have other ringtones/alerts.

Rgs/Dev

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
[Request]

Since you usually have the time to develope the good apps and you continue developing, I have some ideas for you :)

GPS support
Cell towers support

Like you can have it change profiles depending on where it is at what time. I think just time support, cell tower support, and gps support = awesome :). Take a look at CommMgrPro to see what I'm saying. I like CommMgrPro, but I just feel the developer got too ahead of himself and added WAY too many things :|

ageye

Feb 19, 2007
Ulm
www.ageye.de
New version released: v0.2

This version should be reliable. If something doesn't work for you, please follow the steps how to post bugs on page 1.

Changelog:
  • [ADDED] Appointment-based: Specify the sensitivity
  • [ADDED] Change your profiles via command line: "\Program Files\ageye\G-Profile\gprofilesrv.exe id" whereas id is the id of the profile. You can find the id when you edit an existing profile on the first page under the text field.
  • [ADDED] Default profile
  • [FIXED] Time-based profiles don't work

Download:
http://www.ageye.de/download/gprofile.cab

I probably won't have much time the next days to work on my tools. Please keep the ideas coming. Until next weekend G-Profile may have passed all of your and mine tests and will become publich on ageye.de

daan4suz

Jan 7, 2007
Dusseldorf
Thats looking great. Downloading and testing this new version. :)

Appointment based is working OK so far. Going to Vibrate during the meetings, and back to normal profile afterwards.

Will let you know if I find anything.

daan4suz

Jan 7, 2007
Dusseldorf
Found the first error message :D

This happened when syncing with my PC, hence updating my calendar appointments. (See below pictures)

Running the latest Hyperdragon Rom (Hyperdragon IV light) on a Kaiser.
Kaiser attached to PC and actually in process of Synchronizing changed / added agenda items
G-Profile version v0.2

Edit: Actually, after this error, even if I re-start, re-install, soft reset. It keeps showing this error message.
Edit2: I played a little more, and narrowed it down to the sensitivity. If I select nothing here, it works, If I select something, I get the error message.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

korro

Jan 9, 2008
Bydgoszcz
antczak.org
Hello.

Since You added a Flight Mode to G-Alaram, it will be easy to move it here, to G-Profile.

It will be great, to have scheduled Phone on/off with auto pin entering,
I mean for example: my device will turn off radio in late evening and turn it on in early morning.

What do You thing about this?

Regards.

daan4suz

Jan 7, 2007
Dusseldorf
It will be great, to have scheduled Phone on/off with auto pin entering,
I mean for example: my device will turn off radio in late evening and turn it on in early morning.

I think this is already a feature in the current version. Although you need to set it yourself. You can add a profile, and turn of all radio (Wifi, BT), and turn it back on again later by setting default profile on connectivity tab, phone to Enable.
Pin code you can add under menu.
But yes, idea is great. Create a category called flight in my agenda with my flight data, and have G-profile switch to flight mode automatically. :)

Last edited:

hanackin

Apr 6, 2008
toulouse
Hi ageye !!

Good to see you with a new app !! :D

here is the error log I get when I tried to delete a profile :

GProfile.exe
UnauthorizedAccessException

at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteSubKey(String subkey, Boolean throwOnMissingSubKey)
at GProfile.Profile.Delete(Int32 ID)
at GProfile.frmMain.btnDelete_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at GProfile.Program.Main()

And by the way I don't see any screen shots on the first post yet, So I made some for you :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.