• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[2010-01-15] VolumeKeys 0.4.1 - Volume Control

Search This thread
Development has discontinued!

Hi girls,

I've wrote my own volume control because there were no one which had the features I needed.

You can control it with the volume keys of your device or with your finger/stylus (but it has to be opened with the volume keys first).
Supports (W)(Q)VGA (means VGA, WVGA, QVGA and WQVGA). I didn't test it on Square resolutions.

It's written in C# for .NET 3.5 so you need to have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your device.

The "0" in major section of the version means it is beta and could have some bugs and/or is not feature complete.

Source Code is available in VolumeKeysCS.zip.
I'm not a professional so don't be scared :)

Known issues / TODO:
- Speaker icon does not change
- does not work with in call volume
- volume icon in taskbar opens default windows volume control

Changelog:
0.4.1 / 2010-01-15
- fixed display bug in (W)QVGA
0.4 / 2010-01-14
- added landscape support
- fixed bug: volume not saved when slide outside the bar
- hopefully does not block keys
- added update check
- sound profiles (normal, mute, vibrate) are set
- added option to don't show anything on key press
- added AppToDate support
- added configurable position (left, right, top, bottom)
0.3 / 2009-12-11
- (W)QVGA support added (tested with emulator)
- settings program is in english now
0.2 / 2009-12-10
- fixed problem with FM Radio and Windows Media Player
- settings are configurable
- VGA support added
- some bugs fixed
0.1 / 2009-12-08
- initial release

Attachments

• VolumeKeys-0.3.CAB
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,881
  • VolumeKeys-0.4.CAB
    81.8 KB · Views: 378
  • VolumeKeys-0.4.1.CAB
    81.8 KB · Views: 4,382
  • VolumeKeys-0.4-portait.jpg
    VolumeKeys-0.4-portait.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 6,853
  • VolumeKeys-0.4-landscape.jpg
    VolumeKeys-0.4-landscape.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3,285
  • VolumeKeysCS.zip
    635.8 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
Reactions: Estuardo

Mr. Makk

Oct 17, 2008
Toronto
its certainly an addon in my roms as it supports wm6.5.3.
1st is dat on installation, i hav to go to volume key settings and then activate it from there. cant is be activated immediately after installation.
2nd when i changed the vol mode from on to vibrate to silent, i noticed that the tackbar icon didnt change.. is dat a bug?

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Will definitely try if it works with wp 6.5.3 as reported above

dr3minem

Nov 11, 2008
Frankfurt
its certainly an addon in my roms as it supports wm6.5.3.
1st is dat on installation, i hav to go to volume key settings and then activate it from there. cant is be activated immediately after installation.
2nd when i changed the vol mode from on to vibrate to silent, i noticed that the tackbar icon didnt change.. is dat a bug?

#2 definitly seems to be a bug, the icon doesnt change but the phone is really silent/on vibrate

Another thing, which isnt really a bug but i noticed that if you just slide your finger up and it goes off the volume bar, it doesnt save the volume as max, but where you started 'sliding' it. It does the same thing with sliding down.
Not sure if this is a very good explanation of the problem, hope you know what i mean.

Seriously though, this is great, nice minimalistic design, non-intrusive and blends in nicely with manila. Ill definitly be using this from now on!

Oh and maybe make it work for landscape? Not sure if you need it, just toying with ideas here.. Great work man

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
This is a great little program. Good job. Having more then 5 volume levels is great. The only things I see that need worked on are in-call volume adjustment (does not seem to do anything on my Diamond/6.5.3 SYS) and the aforementioned taskbar icon. I really like the UI you've used. You'd think microsoft could come up with something so simple :).

edit - also, on VGA, the vibrate button does not seem to register presses.

agent_47

Jan 7, 2009
GÖTEBORG
great app for all the 6.5.3 lover :D

i can live with the taskbar icon not changing.
but there are a few other things i noticed that may need some attention!
- volumekeys not seem to work with In Call volumes.
- also when you have a incoming call, the application seem to create some problem receiving\ending call while using endkey\sendkey\onscreen slider. I tested the application on HTC phone canvas from rhodium 1.90 build (cant remember the version of the package :p)

other than these we have an excellent application :p

keep up the great work! :)

Mr. Makk

Oct 17, 2008
Toronto
great app for all the 6.5.3 lover :D

i can live with the taskbar icon not changing.
but there are a few other things i noticed that may need some attention!
- volumekeys not seem to work with In Call volumes.
- also when you have a incoming call, the application seem to create some problem receiving\ending call while using endkey\sendkey\onscreen slider. I tested the application on HTC phone canvas from rhodium 1.90 build (cant remember the version of the package :p)

other than these we have an excellent application :p

keep up the great work! :)

yes i too have noticed the lag in receiving calls.
otherwise a neat effort and an app much needed for current builds.

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
Very nice app here! Already a keeper...
Would you mind posting a EVK installation package? I'm using KitchenPackageUpdater-1.12a to import cab but I can't get the icons in Start Menu... but it works out of the box, at least! ;)

shorty083

Aug 6, 2009
Hi, just wanted to say thank you for this great little app.
It's been really useful. The only thing I would like to see added is
support for the standard htc youtube app. Since it doesn't seem to work well together. Volume goes from nothing to loud and back with no
small volume steps in between. Although these small steps do show in your app it doesn't effect the volume like it should.
Looking forward to future updates.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Very nice app here! Already a keeper...
Would you mind posting a EVK installation package? I'm using KitchenPackageUpdater-1.12a to import cab but I can't get the icons in Start Menu... but it works out of the box, at least! ;)
You just need to edit your app.dat to get it to show up in the start menu. When I made the cab into an EXT, the .lnk shortcuts were going to /windows/start menu when they should be going to /windows/start menu/programs. That is probably why everything worked, but you were unable to see the shortcuts in the start menu. I have attached an EXT package that should work, but I have not tested it.

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
You just need to edit your app.dat to get it to show up in the start menu. When I made the cab into an EXT, the .lnk shortcuts were going to /windows/start menu when they should be going to /windows/start menu/programs. That is probably why everything worked, but you were unable to see the shortcuts in the start menu. I have attached an EXT package that should work, but I have not tested it.

Thanks, I'm trying! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development has discontinued!

Hi girls,

I've wrote my own volume control because there were no one which had the features I needed.

You can control it with the volume keys of your device or with your finger/stylus (but it has to be opened with the volume keys first).
    Supports (W)(Q)VGA (means VGA, WVGA, QVGA and WQVGA). I didn't test it on Square resolutions.

It's written in C# for .NET 3.5 so you need to have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your device.

The "0" in major section of the version means it is beta and could have some bugs and/or is not feature complete.

Source Code is available in VolumeKeysCS.zip.
    I'm not a professional so don't be scared :)

Known issues / TODO:
    - Speaker icon does not change
    - does not work with in call volume
    - volume icon in taskbar opens default windows volume control

Changelog:
    0.4.1 / 2010-01-15
    - fixed display bug in (W)QVGA
    0.4 / 2010-01-14
    - added landscape support
    - fixed bug: volume not saved when slide outside the bar
    - hopefully does not block keys
    - added update check
    - sound profiles (normal, mute, vibrate) are set
    - added option to don't show anything on key press
    - added AppToDate support
    - added configurable position (left, right, top, bottom)
    0.3 / 2009-12-11
    - (W)QVGA support added (tested with emulator)
    - settings program is in english now
    0.2 / 2009-12-10
    - fixed problem with FM Radio and Windows Media Player
    - settings are configurable
    - VGA support added
    - some bugs fixed
    0.1 / 2009-12-08
    - initial release