[2010-05-17]SchedHandler 3.00 - scheduling application for email (INSTANT EMAIL)

for which system do you like SchedHandler ?

• WM5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WM6.x

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • WMP7

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Android

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

buck08

Apr 2, 2008
Hi,

to me the problem occurs that emails are just being checked and polled if there are at least 2 emails in the inbox of the email account.

Does any has the same problem?

camro

Apr 20, 2007
Hi,

to me the problem occurs that emails are just being checked and polled if there are at least 2 emails in the inbox of the email account.

Does any has the same problem?

well, as we tested this now for a long time - i mean the problem wasn't on schedhandler, and as you told me, the problem doesn't happen again.
so i think - i can say: it was not a bug of schedhandler.

camro

Apr 20, 2007
Neo84 said:
Hi,
I'm interested in schedhandler 3.0 for it's IMAP idle support. I tried the 2.11 version but could not get it to work correctly with my gmx mailaccount.

cheers,
Neo
i answer on thread this.

i also have a gmx account, and i do this via: schedhandler in this case:
(i use an IMAP account for scanning - to know when a new email is in gmx account), and if a new email is found, then i download the gmx-POP account in pocket poutlook. it's quite simple.

1.) create a IMAP account -> gmail account (free and have 1GB or more space)
2.) login at gmx portal - and configure your account to "forward a copy" of new incomming emails to your new GMAIL account.
3.) schedhandler 3.0 (must registered, because the 3.0 is for now NonPublic
4.) configure on Pocket outlook your gmx-account
5.) configure in Schedhandler:
a) configure the gmail IMAP Account in schedhandler (this will only be used as scanning IMAP account)
b) configure a profile to:
-> scan for the IMAP account from gmail
-> if new email -> execute poll pocket outlook account "GMX"

this works 100% perfect on my side, and so i have real time INSTANT EMAIL :)

PLS: i know the 3.0 is now only availible for registered user, because i haven't made the hopepage ready ...

for payment -> schedhandler.com/payment
after payment, then i send you the new version 3.0 with all infos + support if needed.

cu camel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camro, on a positive note, with 1.56 I haven't been able to spot the 99% CPU bug (yet).
    What I did notice is that after changing connections (like disconnecting or connecting to activesync) I notice SchedService.exe going up to 12% CPU, few seconds later to 6%, and then to 0% again. Is that because of the logging going on?

EDIT:

this is normal,
    if the conenction is changed, then it calls the RAS api from wm, and try to get a connect.

also - for the newer version. PLEASE set the NETWORK check settings to:
    RETRY=15
    RESET=false
    RESTART=false

(the reset and restart are normally not needed)
    then the connection is faster established again and not neccesary to RESET RESTART the connection again. this is only if someone have a problem. or ex: if connection is changed, then if users are always want to stop the GPRS connection and then the device will find the best connection itself.

typically it can be: IF GPRS is ON and then the user switch on the WLAN -> then it makes sense to close the GPRS, so that the phone can use the WLAN and not use the established connection.
    -> then i prefer to set the NETWORK checker flag: RESET=ON

so, then on every changing of the connection the GPRS will be closed and then (automatic) the connection will use the best poss. connection.

Also, definitely definilely after I disconnect from activesync, (with NO new email waiting for me), it still does the PING sound and outlook polls (but finds no new mail of course). Believe me please!
    well - be carefull - are we talking about the same ?
    if the "SOUND LOG is on for NETWORK" - then you will hear a sound on every changing of connection (WLAN,activesync, GPRS, etc...). then it plays the sound file: "netdown.wav". after that it will communicate to NETWORK checker:
    "Hey NETWORK checker, the connection is now changed, please check the connection, and tell also this to IMAP IDLE thread, that the connection is changed !"
    (now the IMAP IDLE will logout and will wait for NETWORK checker with the message, that all is ok)

and now communication from:
    NETWORK checker (if connection is OK): "Hey, IMAP IDLE, the connection is now working again, please do your job again !"
    (and so the IMAP IDLE will do go'on again, and it remember on old EXISTS and old UIDNEXT values to see, if there is a new email or not...

- - - - - - - -
    thinking that new email comes in, but can't see a new email ....

i belive you, but this is in this case not possible.
    and if you have a logfile - i can show you ...

some things - what often happen:
    1.) is a spam-appl. on server activated ?
    because if a email comes in, and will be then suddenly deleted, it is a new email for IMAP IDLE !
    2.) a running email client, where a spam appl. is activated (like Outlook - do this via JUMK-EMail....
    3.) mail client running and antivirus program active, so then sometimes it happen on my client, that he delete the virus emails.
    4.) you get an email with manipulted date of an old date or too new date
    + in pocket outlook is only configured, to show the last 3 days...
    -> then you will also not see the email, because pocket outlook contacting the mailserver and tell him, that it want only all emails from the last 3-days...
    maybe there are more cases, but i think one of them will b true :)

for all these cases - IMAP IDLE - "see a new email !"

this can be very easy verified on the "UIDNEXT" (only on fresh login) and on "EXISTS", search for it in your log file (if you use the debug version).
    and you'll see the logic textes when it is a new email.

Here i'm very sure, that it is working great, but as i told you - if this happen, and you have a log-file :) i can show, then scedhandler do this really comfortable :)

for me it also happens, that my pda "twitscher" (new email, then i look to outlook and no new email there (because mostly email goes to JUNK..)
    and if the client is also on IMAP, then it is moved from the real folder to another one :) - you understand ?

Difficult to say why I am not getting 99% cpu right now, is it because of the settings (still running with the settings you posted yesterday, with minor adjustments -> retry @ 15, reset and restart enabled, removed the timeplan), or version 1.56?
    are you using the "CLEAN" version ?
    because if the clean version would work, then it is a problem with the loggin after a while - which would make sense ....
    but i'm frightening, that the problem is another one ...

but - i'm sure, that the next version helps to find the bug, or maybe then it is gone.
    BEcause i found some mistakes on closing pointers (this i only saw, if i let it reunningunder wm5 emu), which also fixed.

and on the position, i do now more sensible wakeup + event pulsing ...

we will see ...
    i think the new version willb eready in 15min