[2010-10-10]SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM Alpha v6 - A grooveshark(tm).com Downloader

Search This thread

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM Alpha v6

attachment.php
attachment.php

SciLor's GrooveDownloaderTM is a grooveshark(tm).com music downloader for Windows Mobile.

I am not responsible for any violations to the Terms of Use of grooveshark(tm).com this tool may do. It is more or less a proove of concept.

I am not related to grooveshark(tm).com in any way!

If someone has problems when putting your device in standby try:
-Display off option in the Menu.
-Fix Connection break: http://www.scilor.com/myboard/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=140

If you have problems with your data provider, disable its proxy: http://www.scilor.com/myboard/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=137

Code:
SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM Alpha v6
                            i.
                           .. :v
                          c:  .X
                           i.::
                             :
                            ..i..
                           #MMMMM
                           QM  AM
                           9M  zM
                           6M  AM
                           2M  2MX#[email protected]
                           OM  tMMMMMMMMMM;
                      .X#MMMM  ;MMMMMMMMMMMMv
                  [email protected]@
            [email protected]
           [email protected]@#$BWWB#@@#$WWWQQQWWWWB#@MM.
           MM                                ;M.
           $M                                EM
           [email protected]@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@#OMM
           #M                                cM
           QM         Another Cake by        tM
           MM              SciLor            CMO
        .MMMM                                oMMMt
       1MO 6MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM iMM
      .M1  BM     For all Portal Lovers!     vM  ,Mt
      1M   @M............................... WM   M6
       MM  .A8OQWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOAz2  #M
        MM                                      MM.
         @MMY                                vMME
           UMMMbi                        i8MMMt
              [email protected];;i.......i;XQMMMMMMt
                   ;[email protected];.

ReadMe

You will need the .NET Framework

SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM is a tool for downloading from grooveshark(tm).com.
I am not responsible for any violations to the Terms of Use of grooveshark(tm).com this tool may do. It is more or less a proove of concept. 

I am not related to grooveshark(tm).com in any way!

ToDo:

Additional:

Known Bugs:

If you like my hard work PLEASE DONATE! :)
http://www.scilor.com/donate.html

ChangeLog:

Alpha v6(2010-10-10)
-Enhancement: Nice Icon :)
-Fix: Broken Cab

-----------------------

Alpha v5(2010-09-07)
-Enhancement: misterious "privacy" ;)
-Fix: New revision

Alpha v4(2010-07-18)
-New: Settings dialog, including selection of the download directory and the song renaming patterns(config.xml)
-Enhancement: Better error handling (especially on wrong incoming data)
-Enhancement: Debug tab
-Feature: Popular song search
-Feature: Check by tap on entry
-Feature: Immediately download abortion

Alpha v3(2010-06-23)
-Quickfix: Crash on any search...

Alpha v2(2010-06-23)
-Enhancement: New revision, country fix included ;)
-Fix: Crashes on illegal file characters in track names
-Fix: Language specific characters fixed (letters with circumflexes, points, umlauts etc.)

Alpha v1(2010-05-09)
-Initial Release

---------------LINKS-------------------------
My Website: http://www.scilor.com/
SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM Website: http://www.scilor.com/groovedownloaderwm.html
Donation: http://www.scilor.com/donate.html
-
Download at: www.scilor.com/groovedownloaderwm.html

Attachments

• SciLorsGrooveDownloaderWMAlphav1-Main.gif
    SciLorsGrooveDownloaderWMAlphav1-Main.gif
    12.1 KB · Views: 3,760
  • SciLorsGrooveDownloaderWMAlphav1-Download.gif
    SciLorsGrooveDownloaderWMAlphav1-Download.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 3,748
Last edited:

SlyMaelstrom

Jan 3, 2010
Not to voice support for piracy on a site that clearly doesn't condone it... but seeing as how this is just taking advantage of what data a legal service already puts on your computer when it streams the song, I suppose it could be considered different... this does beg the question, however, as to why this is stand-alone and not just incorporated into your GrooveMobile application?

Personally, I'd say the best interface to this is just to have a long press on an item on your playlist and allow one of the options to be to download the file (to a folder specified in options). From there you can simply have the progress bar appear translucently behind the song you're downloading.

By the way, I do personal and professional software development and love designing interfaces... if you'd like any assistance with the GrooveMobile interface (which as I understand you're redoing at the moment), just give me a shout. I'd enjoy helping you set up a properly skin-able interface and perhaps even some skinning software like Nitrogen provides.

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Not to voice support for piracy on a site that clearly doesn't condone it... but seeing as how this is just taking advantage of what data a legal service already puts on your computer when it streams the song, I suppose it could be considered different... this does beg the question, however, as to why this is stand-alone and not just incorporated into your GrooveMobile application?

Personally, I'd say the best interface to this is just to have a long press on an item on your playlist and allow one of the options to be to download the file (to a folder specified in options). From there you can simply have the progress bar appear translucently behind the song you're downloading.

By the way, I do personal and professional software development and love designing interfaces... if you'd like any assistance with the GrooveMobile interface (which as I understand you're redoing at the moment), just give me a shout. I'd enjoy helping you set up a properly skin-able interface and perhaps even some skinning software like Nitrogen provides.
This tool has two sites, your are alright. But it will available till I added the caching support in SciLor's GrooveMobile.

You got PM relating the interface soon ;)

How does one go about installing this? There doesn't seem to be a cab file in the zip.

Do we just place the folder and then run the exe from the folder?
Yes, you are alright!

Grooveshark is offering a great service but this app is likely to cause more trouble than good.. must my 2 cents
As I said, there are always two sites, therefor the disclamer ;)

thesecondsfade

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
I'm getting a .NET error:

SciLors GrooveDownloaderWM.exe
ArgumentException
Value does not fall within the expected range.

at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode, String str)
at
System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory (String fullPath, String path)
at
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String pat)
at
SciLors_GrooveDownloaderWM.frmGroove.btn.Download_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

etc.
etc.
etc.

scilor

Jan 5, 2008
@scilor.com
www.scilor.com
Hi,

download works not over EDGE/3G.

with friendly greet

starbase64
Your provider may block this service, please check the suggested fixes in the first post.

I'm getting a .NET error:

SciLors GrooveDownloaderWM.exe
ArgumentException
Value does not fall within the expected range.

at System.IO._Error.WinIOError(Int32errorCode, String str)
at
System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory (String fullPath, String path)
at
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String pat)
at
SciLors_GrooveDownloaderWM.frmGroove.btn.Download_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

etc.
etc.
etc.
You try to download a song with a character that is not allowed in paths :D. I'll have to fix it

You have some of the best ideas for apps!!! Haven't test this one yet but I'm sure we are going to be WOW'd!!!
You are welcome :)

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
So far it's been very difficult for me to use this program. It crashes a lot with .NET errors. Internal error-handling and a way for the program to work past those errors (transparently to the user) is definately something this app needs.

A feature request I have is... since you're placing files in sub-folders by artist/album, I think you should have the filenames within each folder with only the track number and song title. That makes it easier to navigate and places songs in the order the album originally came in.

When it works, it works great, but there are some bugs that need to be worked through first I think.

rizz10

Jul 4, 2010
i have one issue with this i cannt search the files in windows media player is tthat cause im using a noob media player or is there a way to change the download location or another media player some one might suggest is better than the stock windows media player. perfer one with a play list creator also

RogueCheddar

Nov 13, 2008
Near Seattle
I have updated to the alpha v3 but still get the .NET error crash on any song title with a parentheses in it "(" or ")" - which is a terrible frustration for me as I often am looking for (remix) or (cover) or (mashup) versions of songs. Can you please try to correct for this in the v4 release SciLor? Please?

thesecondsfade

Jul 30, 2009
I posted this in the GrooveMobile thread but I figured I would share it here too. If you can't wait for caching on GrooveMobile, use this method. I put GroovesharkDownloaderWM on my Storage Card in the base music directory which I name My Music. I attached my XML config which sets up the downloader to put songs in the directory structure that S2P uses (ie: /Storage Card/My Music/Artist Name/Album Name/Track# - Song Name.mp3). It works beautifully!

Attachments

• config.zip
    307 bytes · Views: 26