[2013.07.03] CF-Bench v1.3

Search This thread

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
About
CF-Bench is (mainly) CPU and memory benchmark tool specifically designed to be able to handle multi-core devices, produce a fairly stable score, and test both native as well managed code performance.

It tests specific device properties you do not regularly see tested by other benchmarks, and runs in a set timeframe.

It does produce some "final" scores, but as with every benchmark, you should take those with a grain of salt. It is simply not theoretically possible to produce a single number that accurately describes a device's performance.

Why ?
I know, there are lots of other benchmarks. But they don't give me the numbers I'm personally interested in comparing. Few really support multi-core or test both native and Java code. This benchmark is also supposed to give a more "stable" score compared to some others.

Current scores
Here are a number of scores reached by tested devices:

Samsung Galaxy S2 @ 2x1200 - 6498
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v @ 2x1000 - 5188
HTC Sensation @ 2x1188 - 5174
Motorola Atrix @ 2x1000 - 5136
HTC Thunderbolt @ 1920 - 4663
Motorola Droid X @ 1200 - 2792
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" @ 1000 - 2401
Samsung Galaxy S @ 1000 - 2205
HTC HD2 @ 1536 - 2041
Samsung Apollo @ 667 - 488
HTC Hero @ 748 - 359
HTC Dream (G1) @ 528 - 191

Of course, you should really keep in mind that the three different scores listed at the bottom of the app are pretty meaningless :)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench

attachment.php

Attachments

• qr-cfbench.png
    qr-cfbench.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 123,691
Last edited:

50-3

Dec 21, 2010
Melbourne
Will happily start low end scores :p

Update:

HTC Legend @767 906

Fyi it regersters the max kernel clockspeed not the actual

Sent from my Legend using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About
    CF-Bench is (mainly) CPU and memory benchmark tool specifically designed to be able to handle multi-core devices, produce a fairly stable score, and test both native as well managed code performance.

It tests specific device properties you do not regularly see tested by other benchmarks, and runs in a set timeframe.

It does produce some "final" scores, but as with every benchmark, you should take those with a grain of salt. It is simply not theoretically possible to produce a single number that accurately describes a device's performance.

Why ?
    I know, there are lots of other benchmarks. But they don't give me the numbers I'm personally interested in comparing. Few really support multi-core or test both native and Java code. This benchmark is also supposed to give a more "stable" score compared to some others.

Current scores
    Here are a number of scores reached by tested devices:

Samsung Galaxy S2 @ 2x1200 - 6498
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v @ 2x1000 - 5188
    HTC Sensation @ 2x1188 - 5174
    Motorola Atrix @ 2x1000 - 5136
    HTC Thunderbolt @ 1920 - 4663
    Motorola Droid X @ 1200 - 2792
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" @ 1000 - 2401
    Samsung Galaxy S @ 1000 - 2205
    HTC HD2 @ 1536 - 2041
    Samsung Apollo @ 667 - 488
    HTC Hero @ 748 - 359
    HTC Dream (G1) @ 528 - 191

Of course, you should really keep in mind that the three different scores listed at the bottom of the app are pretty meaningless :)

Download

Market link (mobile): market://details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench

Market link (desktop): https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.cfbench

attachment.php
    -- also reserved --
    -- reserved --
    Understanding CF bench Scores

Hello, I am running the CF benchmark on the Android Devices which I intend to profile for performance debugging.
    But I am bit confused on how are these score calculated for the native and Java tests.
    I am seeing some ambiguity and inconsistent results with the test case of Java MIPS in specific.
    So @Chainfire can help me to understand how do these scores are calculated to end up with those values in the result screen ?
    Is it time that it takes to run that test case or what is it based on ?
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone