[20161127][ROM][UNOFFICIAL]CM 11.0(APP2SD) for Corsica

Search This thread

atomicbob

May 2, 2017
Catania
No problem,bro. :)
Yes,he have :3

:confused: Ah, and I thought it was all working however as it turns out the wifi tethering no longer worked at all, I had a go at installing xposed framework and xtether but it said my device was not supported. Also had a go with an app called Barnacle which gave me a strange error log saying it could not find ./wifi the file does not exist. I have reinstalled CM 11.0(APP2SD) and tethering works fine. Now I have no sound or mic. There may be a simple way to get wifi working in the latest Rom by Karthick111: cm-11-20161222-UNOFFICIAL-corsica.zip.

Kristaps(Lv)

Aug 30, 2016
Riga
:confused: Ah, and I thought it was all working however as it turns out the wifi tethering no longer worked at all, I had a go at installing xposed framework and xtether but it said my device was not supported. Also had a go with an app called Barnacle which gave me a strange error log saying it could not find ./wifi the file does not exist. I have reinstalled CM 11.0(APP2SD) and tethering works fine. Now I have no sound or mic. There may be a simple way to get wifi working in the latest Rom by Karthick111: cm-11-20161222-UNOFFICIAL-corsica.zip.

To fix wifi tethering flash boot.img from cm-11.0 (app2sd).

Reactions: atomicbob

atomicbob

May 2, 2017
Catania
:rolleyes:Ah no that didn't work, I believe the key to success lies deeper within the android file system, I will look into it, for now I am quite happy to be without sound for a while and enjoy the free AP2SD.:victory:

atomicbob

May 2, 2017
Catania
Oh. Can u show me which one u use now on ur neo ?
Ok, sorry for the delay, I downloaded a few, now I have migrated to CM12.1 and everything works but its a bit clunky and slow plus the wifi hotspot is hit and miss, I have too mess with it to get it working properly. Maybe it can be optimised.

What I did do with CM11 was to unzip both roms then with APK easy tool (on W7) I decompiled system/framework/framework-res.apk and swapped over the arrays.xml file that I found in the res/values-mcc425-mnc7/arrays.xml: possibly that is where the wifi hotspot error is.

I recompiled the modified framework-res and zipped the rom, flashed it, but nothing I just got an eternal boot logo. Broken rom, so no results. Perhaps my compilation or zip process is flawed?

atomicbob

May 2, 2017
Catania
Just try change boot.img or kernel..

Yes, I think the problem is in the kernel.:good: For anyone else that has problems running CM11: a Rom where everything works well on the Samsung Galaxy Pocket Neo S5310 is CM10.1 by Arbercocka with the link2sd app installed to get over the space limitations, it worked great using a 32GB sd card. I am using CM12.1 now, same setup but with a 8GB sd card. To get tethering to work properly I use the Barnacle wifi tethering app from playstore it doesn't connect but fixes the systems hotspot and that works fine, here I am using it now. :)

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone