[2017.04.14][ROM][markw][6.0.1][UNOFFICIAL] Lineage OS 13 for Redmi 4 Prime

Search This thread

ardrift

Nov 3, 2015
https://stats.lineageos.org/model/markw/ 5000 installs and still unofficial... how can this happen? lineage ignores the devs/model or devs haven't applied to lineage for inclusion on the official device list?
It's not that simple mate, look at this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/device_requests.html . We need an approved developer who maintains the device, for example. However, I think we are not that far away from having official lineage os support, @Anik_khan is the official lineage os developer and maintainer of the Redmi 3 (ido), and he is also developing for the Redmi 4 Prime, so in my opinion we could get official support soon.

laviniu_c

Jun 16, 2016
It's not that simple mate, look at this: https://wiki.lineageos.org/device_requests.html . We need an approved developer who maintains the device, for example. However, I think we are not that far away from having official lineage os support, @Anik_khan is the official lineage os developer and maintainer of the Redmi 3 (ido), and he is also developing for the Redmi 4 Prime, so in my opinion we could get official support soon.

isn't it just a matter of the devs submitting (& agreeing to support it) and the official lineage team reviewing the current unofficial rom and approving it? to me it seems it's exactly the other way around, the more users try/use the rom the easier it gets to confirm/find bugs, more devs could help out and the more stable the rom gets. an official stamp + official download links + ota on it would surely attract more users.

and seems to me an official repo would also encourage more devs to work on it... instead of each dev making his own repo and never pushing commits/fixes back. the code could benefit from lineage's review methods/infrastructure, wouldn't it?

just seems there's a disconnect somewhere and i don't get why...

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

But why you're crying for official status of ROM? It gives nothing to user.

i'm not crying. (but ok, i'll delete my message, wouldn't wanna seem like asking for releases)

the rom/code may be the same (at first at least) but:
- as a user you have more confidence that the rom was built with a well defined process
- you get official download links
- and i think ota too (even if at first it generates complete rom downloads every time)
- as a dev you get a greater exposure for the rom (more users find out about it)
- you dont have to maintain the build process/infrastructure, you can focus on the code
- probably more?

Reactions: Phyrene and cimdrap

longee_red

Mar 30, 2017
Zagreb
But why you're crying for official status of ROM? It gives nothing to user.

Agreed. We need optimization, function and development for our device, not an official status tag. The best ROMs (IMHO) for some devices (incl. Galaxy SII, Nexus 7...) were unofficial, but very, very much more optimized and useful compared to the stock ROMs, which were, ironically, as official as it gets.

Best regards,
longee

Anik_khan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2014
Mymensingh, Dhaka

Yeah i will do it soon.

simo14

Mar 5, 2014
New LOS available

Inviato dal mio Redmi 4 Prime utilizzando Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170413-221402.png
    Screenshot_20170413-221402.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 446

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lineage OS 13 (2017.04.14) for Redmi 4 Prime UNOFFICIAL
    (codename - markw)

(Folder with ROMs and Kernels on MEGA)
    >>>Download HERE<<<

In folder "KERNEL by msdx321" you can find Kernels.
    DO NOT HURRY UP TO FLASH KERNEL mKernel-LOS-M-R1(R2).zip!
    If do the CLEAN install with all WIPES of phone, then install ROM and Kernel mKernel-LOS-M-R1(R2), phone stops booting on animation logo;
    If you flash ROM than give it boot it up, and after that flash Kernel, it will be ok, but after flashing this kernel DONT DO WIPE CACHE/DALVIK!!

How to install:
    1) Flash TWRP (if you not have it already)
    2) Wipe System, Dalvik ART/Cache, Data, Cache
    3) flash ROM
    4) Download and flash GAPPS (HERE GAPPS, choose ARM64 - 6.0 - recommended Nano or Pico)
    5) Reboot to System

If you will find some bugs on Stock Camera, just install Snap Camera!(down below)

If your speaker will be cracking on incoming call, just do next:
    Settings - Notifications - App notifications - Phone - turn OFF Allow peeking.

If you will have battery drain by location wakelocks, try this(Need ROOT):
    1) Install My Android Tools
    2) Services - System - LocationServices
    3) Turn OFF NetworkLocationService
    No need to reboot!

All Location functionality will be okay!

And remember:
    All you do it's on your own risk!

Thats all, falks!:victory:

ALL CREDITS AND THANKS TO msdx321, 0meaninsuit0, xiaobai112220, Liberation(on GitHub)!!!
    They make the ROM! THX GUYS FOR YOUR WORK! ;)

We Got Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Kernel Sources!
    :victory:>>>THEY ARE HERE<<<:victory:

The same thread, but on MIUI Global Forum - HERE

Sorry for Ukrainian screenshots :p

Yeah i will do it soon.
    Ok, guys, this is my personal build for both Lineage and TWRP, both are updated, bugfree (from my three-day testing, let me know if you run into any errors) and built using Linaro and UberTC. I'm using msdx321 device sources (thanks for that, my man) with my own kernel (which is still not online, since I'm testing some stuff out), which is simpler and should be more battery friendly. Other than that, video camera doesn't present those weird effects present on original build. TWRP is updated and built from source. I'll keep track of the number of download to see if I should update it or not, so please, no mirrors. I have 14.1 in the oven, but it's still buggy (not even RIL works) and it will take some time to be usable due to necessary kernel changes. ZRAM is enabled and can be used without any problems.

People, no PMs, please. What can't you understand when I say this? Just calm down for now, please...
    Ok, guys, I might have some good news:
    - Fixed double tap to wake on devices in which it didn't work (so called EBBG, or whatever);
    May have fixed the upside down front camera (I don't have the issue, so not sure about it);
    May have fixed the idling high battery drain when compared to stock Miui;
    May open a new thread, since I'm putting more time into this than originally thought, so people can relax about it;
    - Fixed reboot to recovery from reboot menu;

Bad news:
    It's kinda hard to adapt the code for two different hardwares, so probably we'll have two different zips, one for people with EBBG, and other for tianma (or whatever the manufacturers of the LCDs are);
    I'll be playing a bit with the Zenfone 3 blobs to see if we can get any improvements in performance, and most likely post an update by Sunday with the fixes;