• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

[2017.10.01] suhide-lite v1.09 [EXPERIMENTAL/UNSUPPORTED]

rickysidhu_

Apr 1, 2016
Vancouver
You don't need to checkmark Google Play Services - in fact, you should not. SafetyNet is hidden from automatically.

The reason the checkmark doesn't show up right is a logic issue with UI. Multiple Google packages use the same UID, it only shows the checkmark changed for the first one. That'll be fixed next update.
Oh I see, that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for the clarification and all that you do for this community!

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
I tried to make this work, I really did. Its not possible other root methods do it better than SuperSU, the mother of them all.
But I didnt made it.
I flashed the SuperSU SR2 8/8/2017 in a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running on a Lineage 7.1.2 Nougat rom.
This rom with Lineage SU and iSU has succesfully passed Safety net yesterday.
So , I read the instructions here and downloaded and installed SR2, although in our phone every time we flash SuperSU other than stable SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822, we cannot have access to external sdcard when using 3rdpart file managers (like ES file explorer , ROOT explorer or Apps2SD, all of them in pro versions), all though inbuilt file manager can. Also windows explorer cannt detect and access external sdcard when connected to pc !!
The same thing happened here, no access to ext sdcard.
I made a totally clean flash of the rom, flashed SuperSU as suggested, booted once in android, then reboot and flashed UPDATE-suhide-v1.00-20170809130405, booted again in android, but no luck.
Obviously SuperSU IS NOT in SBIN mode , but I dont have the skills to make it happen as I am not familiar with adb shell and that kind of command, sorry.
I even rebooted in recovery reflashed SuperSU, immediately flashed UPDATE-suhide, took logs, just in case I could provide some informations.
But as I told no luck at all. Nothing in the Apps drawer, no access to ext sdcard I am afraid.
I will post here the logs from recovery and also a log I took trying to get access to ext sdcard with 3rdpart managers.
Also some screenshots of that proccess.
I am sorry I could not bring some more information about that.

Attachments

tikizondo94

Oct 24, 2014
Morgantown
I tried to make this work, I really did. Its not possible other root methods do it better than SuperSU, the mother of them all.
But I didnt made it.
I flashed the SuperSU SR2 8/8/2017 in a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running on a Lineage 7.1.2 Nougat rom.
This rom with Lineage SU and iSU has succesfully passed Safety net yesterday.
So , I read the instructions here and downloaded and installed SR2, although in our phone every time we flash SuperSU other than stable SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822, we cannot have access to external sdcard when using 3rdpart file managers (like ES file explorer , ROOT explorer or Apps2SD, all of them in pro versions), all though inbuilt file manager can. Also windows explorer cannt detect and access external sdcard when connected to pc !!
The same thing happened here, no access to ext sdcard.
I made a totally clean flash of the rom, flashed SuperSU as suggested, booted once in android, then reboot and flashed UPDATE-suhide-v1.00-20170809130405, booted again in android, but no luck.
Obviously SuperSU IS NOT in SBIN mode , but I dont have the skills to make it happen as I am not familiar with adb shell and that kind of command, sorry.
I even rebooted in recovery reflashed SuperSU, immediately flashed UPDATE-suhide, took logs, just in case I could provide some informations.
But as I told no luck at all. Nothing in the Apps drawer, no access to ext sdcard I am afraid.
I will post here the logs from recovery and also a log I took trying to get access to ext sdcard with 3rdpart managers.
Also some screenshots of that proccess.
I am sorry I could not bring some more information about that.
When your in recovery flashing your ROM, gapps, etc, go to advanced-terminal in recovery. Type these commands in terminal - echo BINDSBIN=true>/data/.supersu. Hit enter. Nothing will seem to happen. But it does. After that go back and install the latest SuperSU. Reboot. Then go back and flash suhide.

darkshines87

Jul 31, 2013
Thank you for your hard work, @Chainfire! Your SU is awesome and suhide works flawlessly for RootBeer Sample and Payback Pay.

Unfortunately, Mario Run crashes on startup, even though it's supposed to be hidden, as configured in suhide. I even hid the management apps using the volume key trick.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Rootbeer says that I have dangerous props set (in this case it's ro.debuggable = 1) and something about the SELinux flag.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Thank you for your hard work, @Chainfire! Your SU is awesome and suhide works flawlessly for RootBeer Sample and Payback Pay.

Unfortunately, Mario Run crashes on startup, even though it's supposed to be hidden, as configured in suhide. I even hid the management apps using the volume key trick.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

Rootbeer says that I have dangerous props set (in this case it's ro.debuggable = 1) and something about the SELinux flag.
logcat of the crash

and the output of 'getprop'

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
When your in recovery flashing your ROM, gapps, etc, go to advanced-terminal in recovery. Type these commands in terminal - echo BINDSBIN=true>/data/.supersu. Hit enter. Nothing will seem to happen. But it does. After that go back and install the latest SuperSU. Reboot. Then go back and flash suhide.
Yes, that did the trick! Thank you. I was able to install it and its working with the volume up and down set, but I am not able to pass safety net, probably I don't know what to hide. But since I manage to install it, eventually I think I will be able to do that too. :)

Attachments

Reactions: tikizondo94

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Yes, that did the trick! Thank you. I was able to install it and its working with the volume up and down set, but I am not able to pass safety net, probably I don't know what to hide. But since I manage to install it, eventually I think I will be able to do that too. :)
I need the output of 'getprop' from an adb shell.

I have just flashed a Galaxy S5 freshly with the latest Lineage, OpenGapps, SuperSU, and suhide, and it passes SafetyNet fine for me.

Reactions: emraz786 and logosA

tikizondo94

Oct 24, 2014
Morgantown
Awesome. Glad it worked :) I'm in the same boat. I can't seem to pass safety net either at this point.

Reactions: logosA

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
I need the output of 'getprop' from an adb shell.

I have just flashed a Galaxy S5 freshly with the latest Lineage, OpenGapps, SuperSU, and suhide, and it passes SafetyNet fine for me.
Can you please guide me how to get that for you, as I am not familiar how to do that? Maybe some one else can guide me to

tikizondo94

Oct 24, 2014
Morgantown
What was the fix ?
I had adb debugging turned on in developer settings lol. My bad. I hid all google play services in suhide then terminated all running processes in suhide. safetynet passes now.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Can you please guide me how to get that for you, as I am not familiar how to do that? Maybe some one else can guide me to
download terminal emulator from the play store then run getprop in it. the top right corner you have the option the email the output. I just email the output to myself then download it and use the file output however you wish.

Reactions: logosA

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Inactive Recognize
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Seriously, what kind of comment is that?

You messaged me a similar empty statement on IRC.

If you have something to say, say it...
I've edited my post, the comment means absolutely nothing except that I'd like to see this thread in my 'quick list', I guess the wording was misunderstood.

As for IRC it was unrelated to this, I wanted to ask you something about LiveBoot.
I'm off for a vacation, so maybe I'll get a chance some other time.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs

Chainfire

Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
I had adb debugging turned on in developer settings lol. My bad. I hid all google play services in suhide then terminated all running processes in suhide. safetynet passes now.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

download terminal emulator from the play store then run getprop in it. the top right corner you have the option the email the output. I just email the output to myself then download it and use the file output however you wish.
adb debugging shouldn't matter. I have adb debugging on during testing all the time.

Ch3vr0n

May 6, 2009
adb debugging shouldn't matter. I have adb debugging on during testing all the time.
It shouldn't but it does. I know of 1 banking /payment app here that refuses to work with debugging enabled on a rooted device. Disable debugging and it works just fine WITH ROOT.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Reactions: darkshines87

tikizondo94

Oct 24, 2014
Morgantown
Maybe its due to my ROM/kernel configuration I use. But the second I turn on adb debugging I fail. Once I turn it back off I pass green. No biggie to me. I'm happy :) Your work is much appreciated. Amazing work honestly. Thank you.

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete

Thank you, you've been an excellent Teacher:)
So here are the props from a Samsung galaxy note 2 running 7.1.2 lineage rom

Attachments

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone