2017 Nvidia Shield Pro 500gb vs 2017 Nvidia Shield TV 16gb with SSD which is faster?

Search This thread

Eloquence

Sep 4, 2007
Baltimore
Hello everyone,

I am super excited to get a Shield TV in the very near future. I just want to get the fastest experience possible with the most space. At first, I wanted the Pro with 500GB, but after reading and hearing about other people's experience, the 16gb standard version with the external SSD like Samsung 850 EVO and it's fast. :D

So which would be better do you guys think? I know the 2017 hasn't come out with the SSHD yet, so we have no way to compare the SSHD vs a SSD, but I have a feeling that using the SSD as the internal drive for the 16gb Shield might be faster than the Pro 500GB internal. It would be only $70 more to buy Shield 16gb ($200 + $170 = $370) vs Pro ($300). :good:

Your thoughts gents (and maybe ladies)?

Thanks,
-Marcus

Ichijoe

Feb 11, 2007
Frankfurt am/Main
Yes it's slow to format, and it's even slower to install from what I gathered though a SSD would only be a breath faster than the normal SSHD in the Shield TV. My guess here is the SATA interface is the Bottleneck here? But, it seems somewhat comical to compare either to eMMC though.