[2019-12-13 v7.0.7 & Android 7.1] MEmu - Most Powerful Android Emulator

Cyanandroid

Jul 7, 2015
Some body help me.
I am having 8 gb ram in my laptop and theirs a limit in the emulator to add only 6 gigs or ram.is their any way of adding the whole ram?

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app

KingpinZero

Apr 18, 2012
Microvirt, i've been toying around with MEmu and i find it great, however there are a few caveats to solve, to make the experience even better:

- Allow us to use another launcher; using NOVA works but if you set it as a primay launcher, it will not stick. Everytime i press home it goes back to stock launcher
- Stock launcher doesn't allow to replace dock icons and icons are fairly too big
- Stock launcher doesn't works good with widgets; some works but partially
- Android base is too old, some games don't get listed in store even if you spoof the device. If possible, update at least to kitkat
- Xbox360 Gamepad couldnt be recognized, i tried in many different ways
- Open an english section in the forums!

Keep up the good work, this thing is amazing!

Microvirt

Jul 14, 2015
www.memuplay.com
Microvirt, i've been toying around with MEmu and i find it great, however there are a few caveats to solve, to make the experience even better:

- Allow us to use another launcher; using NOVA works but if you set it as a primay launcher, it will not stick. Everytime i press home it goes back to stock launcher
- Stock launcher doesn't allow to replace dock icons and icons are fairly too big
- Stock launcher doesn't works good with widgets; some works but partially
- Android base is too old, some games don't get listed in store even if you spoof the device. If possible, update at least to kitkat
- Xbox360 Gamepad couldnt be recognized, i tried in many different ways
- Open an english section in the forums!

Keep up the good work, this thing is amazing!
- Sorry, our current version doesn't support changing launcher.
- We are preparing for Android base upgrade. Please wait.
- We reproduced the Gamepad issue. We are fixing it.
- Because of the limited oversea users and lacking resource, let's just use XDA for now. In future we'll open English forum.

Thank you for your advice. KingpinZero

Reactions: KingpinZero

amc1870

May 19, 2012
First impressions:
The good--
Fast, easy installation.
Manages to run some things that Genymotion had problems with.
Does NOT do horrible things to existing VirtualBox settings like Droid4X does to me.
The weird--
Download from CNet has an unusual file name (Application is listed as MEmu, installer is XYAZ-Setup. Thankfully, somebody reported on the file size earlier which matched.)
Installer seemed to only put the uninstaller in my start menu.
By default, tried to install to the D drive? Sort of unusual.
Telling it restart after changing the resolution just closed it.
The bad--
Does not play nice with being full-screened with multiple monitors.

Last edited:

Microvirt

Jul 14, 2015
www.memuplay.com
First impressions:
The good--
Fast, easy installation.
Manages to run some things that Genymotion had problems with.
Does NOT do horrible things to existing VirtualBox settings like Droid4X does to me.
The weird--
Download from CNet has an unusual file name (Application is listed as MEmu, installer is XYAZ-Setup. Thankfully, somebody reported on the file size earlier which matched.)
Installer seemed to only put the uninstaller in my start menu.
By default, tried to install to the D drive? Sort of unusual.
Telling it restart after changing the resolution just closed it.
The bad--
Does not play nice with being full-screened with multiple monitors.

- Our website is XYAZ that is Chinese Acronym of the MEmu.
- You can download MEmu 1.7.1 from here. Some improved: 1. All prompts are changed English during the installation process. 2. Adding one option to launch "MEmu" in Start Menu entry. 3. Speeding up the download speed.
- We set installation to the D drive specially because many users' requests.
- We try to reproduce the resolution issue in win7 and win8 PC. No find resolution issue. Tell me that every time you have the problem to restart it?
- About the last issue that "Does not play nice with being full-screened with multiple monitors". Can you give us some screenshots to help us to solve it.
- The MEmu will be upgraded to 1.8.0 in this week. In this version MEmu guide will be in English.

Thank you for your advice. amc1870

wiryawang

Apr 22, 2013
- Our website is XYAZ that is Chinese Acronym of the MEmu.
- You can download MEmu 1.7.1 from here. Some improved: 1. All prompts are changed English during the installation process. 2. Adding one option to launch "MEmu" in Start Menu entry. 3. Speeding up the download speed.
- We set installation to the D drive specially because many users' requests.
- We try to reproduce the resolution issue in win7 and win8 PC. No find resolution issue. Tell me that every time you have the problem to restart it?
- About the last issue that "Does not play nice with being full-screened with multiple monitors". Can you give us some screenshots to help us to solve it.
- The MEmu will be upgraded to 1.8.0 in this week. In this version MEmu guide will be in English.

Thank you for your advice. amc1870
Up coming 1.8.0 still Jelly Bean or upgraded to Kitkat or Lollipop may be? Can Memu automatically update when a new version available? Last one : how to clone a Memu machine to be run on other hardware ? example : I set all i need (Apps and Games) for my emulator machine on PC A and want to run the exact machine on PC B. What the best step to do this? In other word need to know how to set a machine image that can run on any PC. I know that backup and restore using Titanium Backup should be the best way right now. :fingers-crossed:

PS : MEmu running smooth on Windows 10 RTM.

Last edited:

amc1870

May 19, 2012
We try to reproduce the resolution issue in win7 and win8 PC. No find resolution issue. Tell me that every time you have the problem to restart it?
Just tried changing the resolution a few times; the 'Start Immediately' option just terminates the program. (The wording sounds like it'll restart the program immediately. Not a big problem, but it's unexpected.)
I'd supply a screenshot, but XDA has links blocked for me right now. The application full screens itself based on the center point of the two monitors combined, so you can view half of the screen on one monitor, but the second half doesn't display at all.

Reactions: Microvirt

Microvirt

Jul 14, 2015
www.memuplay.com
Up coming 1.8.0 still Jelly Bean or upgraded to Kitkat or Lollipop may be? Can Memu automatically update when a new version available? Last one : how to clone a Memu machine to be run on other hardware ? example : I set all i need (Apps and Games) for my emulator machine on PC A and want to run the exact machine on PC B. What the best step to do this? In other word need to know how to set a machine image that can run on any PC. I know that backup and restore using Titanium Backup should be the best way right now. :fingers-crossed:

PS : MEmu running smooth on Windows 10 RTM.
- MEmu 1.80 still Jelly Bean. We are preparing for Android base upgrade now.
- MEmu supports automatically update.
- I tried to clone a MEmu machine to be run on other hardware, but failed. At present the machine image of PC A can't be used for PC B. If you need the data of apps and games, you can copy from PC A by MEmu shared folders and ES File Explorer ( Titanium Backup may be useful ). Then install same apps and games for MEmu in PC B, replace data of them.

MEmu shared folders and ES File Explorer:

Reactions: wiryawang

Microvirt

Jul 14, 2015
www.memuplay.com
Just tried changing the resolution a few times; the 'Start Immediately' option just terminates the program. (The wording sounds like it'll restart the program immediately. Not a big problem, but it's unexpected.)
I'd supply a screenshot, but XDA has links blocked for me right now. The application full screens itself based on the center point of the two monitors combined, so you can view half of the screen on one monitor, but the second half doesn't display at all.
Thank you for your feedback. The issue is very weird. In my MEmu the 'Start Immediately' option is normal. I am sorry to cause you such inconvenience. Hope the next version can solve it. :eek: