• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[2019.4.4] Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode (mm)

Search This thread

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Germany
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
[2019.4.4] Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode (mm)
What is (mm) here does is directing to Android 6.0 marshmallow users ?
You have to ask the developer to get an exact answer but as this module is a magisk manager for TWRP and the command to use it is "mm" I would think it stands for.... magisk manager.
It has definitely nothing to do with android 6.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Reactions: VR25

raosahab

Nov 15, 2015
Delhi
www.crystalwebtechnology.com
You have to ask the developer to get an exact answer but as this module is a magisk manager for TWRP and the command to use it is "mm" I would think it stands for.... magisk manager.
It has definitely nothing to do with android 6.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Ok but without confirming I don't want to flash because if something gone wrong I have to flash rom again that I does not want.
BTW thanks for your help.

houston_

Jan 30, 2011
Nördliches Flachland
Hey there, just wanted to test this module, since I will try to install a module that normally bootloop my device.
But in twrp I try to run the script by typing "sh /sdcard/mm", but it is not found.
Taking a look into the mount options, I can't find my /sdcard either. Trying to use the "select storage" button, I see a "0MB" Partition. If I press the /sdcard there, nothing happens.
Do I need to mount my /system r/w? (Tried it, but seems not to work)

My device is a unlocked cubot x18 plus, treble enabled but stock, Android 8.
TWRP 3.2.3 is installed (by twrp builder, unofficial). Latest Magisk version 19.x.

No boot-pin enabled, but don't know if my internal memory is encrypted, TWRP won't ask for any key on bootup.

Any ideas?
If I flash this module with twrp, I need the /data partition to be mounted? (another thing that won't work, I guess...)

VR25

Apr 20, 2013
Hey there, just wanted to test this module, since I will try to install a module that normally bootloop my device.
But in twrp I try to run the script by typing "sh /sdcard/mm", but it is not found.
Taking a look into the mount options, I can't find my /sdcard either. Trying to use the "select storage" button, I see a "0MB" Partition. If I press the /sdcard there, nothing happens.
Do I need to mount my /system r/w? (Tried it, but seems not to work)

My device is a unlocked cubot x18 plus, treble enabled but stock, Android 8.
TWRP 3.2.3 is installed (by twrp builder, unofficial). Latest Magisk version 19.x.

No boot-pin enabled, but don't know if my internal memory is encrypted, TWRP won't ask for any key on bootup.

Any ideas?
If I flash this module with twrp, I need the /data partition to be mounted? (another thing that won't work, I guess...)
/sdcard/ should point to /data/media/0/. So, try "sh data/media/0/mm". Obviously data must be mounted. Magisk modules are stored in there, too. If you still can't run mm, extract it manually to any data folder and run it as "sh /path/to/mm".

Triviox

May 10, 2012
Montevideo
Thanks! I used it in Galaxy S5 with TWRP, now im in Xiaomi A2 and didnt install TWRP.
Could i use this module in fasboot? Or only works in custom recovery? Thanks!

debmaj2

May 9, 2017
New Delhi
I guess a lot of functions have been stripped off in the latest update with Magisk 19.3 . I see only Core Only, Remove and Disable (and another option on the top of the list).

satyajeetb

Mar 10, 2012
Redmi Note 10
donot work for devices with encrypted internal storage

as my device is encrypted and there is no workaround for decryption as of now.
Following step dont work due to lack of access to internal memory(sdcard) from recovery. " First time (right after installing/updating) - run `mm` or `sh /sdcard/mm` on recovery terminal." pls do something to bypass dependency on internal storage for encrypted devices.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    # Magisk Manager for Recovery Mode (mm)

## LEGAL

Copyright (C) 2017-2019, VR25 @ xda-developers

This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
    (at your option) any later version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    along with this program. If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

## DISCLAIMER

Always read/reread this reference prior to installing/upgrading this software.

While no cats have been harmed, the author assumes no responsibility for anything that might break due to the use/misuse of it.

To prevent fraud, do NOT mirror any link associated with this project; do NOT share builds (zips)! Share official links instead.

## DESCRIPTION

- Manage your Magisk modules from recovery (e.g., TWRP) -- run "sh /sdcard/mm" on recovery terminal.

Features list
    - Automatically fix magisk.img (e2fsck -fy)
    - List installed modules
    - Toggle
    - Core only mode
    - Magic mount
    - Disable
    - Remove

## PREREQUISITE

- Magisk 17-19

## SETUP

- Install
    1. Flash live (e.g., from Magisk Manager) or from custom recovery (e.g., TWRP).

- Uninstall
    - Use Magisk Manager app or mm itself (supports `uninstall.sh`, too).

## USAGE

- First time (right after installing/updating) - run `mm` or `sh /sdcard/mm` on recovery terminal.
    - Next times (while in recovery) - no need to re-flash the zip; simply run `sh /sdcard/mm` on recovery terminal.
    - Follow the instructions/wizard. Everything is interactive.
    - Pro tip: lazy people can try running `*/mm` instead of `sh /sdcard/mm`.

## LINKS

- [Donate](https://paypal.me/vr25xda/)
    - [Facebook page](https://facebook.com/VR25-at-xda-developers-258150974794782/)
    - [Git repository](https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Repo/mm)
    - [Telegram channel](https://t.me/vr25_xda/)
    - [Telegram profile](https://t.me/vr25xda/)
    - [XDA thread](https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-tool-magisk-manager-recovery-mode-t3693165)

## LATEST CHANGES

**2019.4.4 (201904040)**
    - Complete redesign
    - Magisk 17-19 support (including `uninstall.sh`)
    - Toggle core only mode
    - Updated information (copyright, documentation, and module description)

**2018.8.1 (201808010)**
    - General optimizations
    - New & simplified installer
    - Striped down (removed unnecessary code & files)
    - Updated documentation

**2018.7.24 (201807240)**
    - Fixed modPath detection issue (Magisk 16.6).
    - Updated documentation
    **2019.4.4 (201904040)**
    - Complete redesign
    - Magisk 17-19 support (including `uninstall.sh`)
    - Toggle core only mode
    - Updated information (copyright, documentation, and module description)
    Magisk is moving towards deprecating magisk.img (already in the canary), which breaks the function of this module. Do you plan to update this module to work with the new mechanism when it reaches stable?
    Yes, I will keep updating it.
    # 2017.11.25 (201711250)
    - Top-to-botton optimizations
    - Users no longer have to reboot recovery after flashing mm -- prior to flashing something else

# 2017.11.25-1 (201711251)
    - Fixed "non-existent tmpd" error