[2019.5.1][Magisk] Systemless Xposed v89.3/v90.2-beta3 (SDK 21-27)

Search This thread

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
Hey Dark! :)

I was a little busy with life, as well (just got a new job and still getting used to the working times), but here I finally go! :)

In fact, I've been having some trouble after installing the unofficial Xposed by the way you recommended me (terminal and such). Two or three mornings after the installation, I noticed, my alarm didn't go off, unset itself over night (luckily, I had an additional alarm set). During the day, I also noticed, I can't open some apps, others would behave weird. Also, I couldn't download anything and finally I found out, that I can't even access my SD card in the file explorer anymore (as root, I could, though). Rebooting fixed everything, though.

Since then, I experience the same behavior every morning and also since then, my phone will just reboot several times a day. After those random reboots, I sometimes notice the same weird behavior described earlier (which can be fixed by another manual reboot), but sometimes everything is just fine. In the mornings, it never is (exception: today; but some apps still wouldn't open), though.

One of the first things I tried, was to uninstall Xposed following your recommendation to flash the uninstaller. However, when I try to flash that, it will just give me the same error as previously ("Unable to extract zip file"). After some googling, I found a thread (I believe, a Github issue, but I really can't find it anymore :( ), where another guy has the same problem, and rovo89 suggests, that his /system partition is full. He only had some KB left, so that might have been the problem for him. However, I still have 178 MB free in /system, so can't connect that explanation to me. However, that still means that 93 % of /system is occupied. Is that normal?

My guess is, I might have screwed some permissions, by not copying your commands to the terminal correctly. Is that possible? I'd love to create a logcat of the time when the system reboots, however, I'm afraid, that using MatLog, the log won't be saved when the system suddenly reboots. Perhaps I should leave my phone connected to my computer overnight (since the reboot will definitely happen then) and create a Logcat via ADB?

Now, there's a new system update for my OnePlus 5 and I'm tempted to try installing that (it says, I will also have to re-root after installing that, so it seems like will restore and overwrite some stuff?!) and see if it changes everything. Maybe do a nandroid backup before. Just for now, I didn't want to touch too much before presenting my problems to you. Might become impossible to trace back, an thus fix, otherwise. What do you think?

Best regards! :)
Xposed on OOS-based ROMs causes crashes when the phone is left charging.
The fix is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-oos-background-dex-optimization-fix-t3687603

Reactions: Hemanti

Strike3k

Aug 3, 2016
The modules work ONLY with the OFFICIAL installer.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

...and it doesn't boot loop but rather it stops at Samsung's logo and it never boots.

I tried it with the official installer, but it already says in the installer that Samsung Roms aren't supported, that's why I don't know why it works for you.

Yeah you are right, with the systemless it just boots forever.

jooniloh

Nov 18, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

Hemanti

Feb 13, 2011
Hi! That was a quick reply! :highfive:

EDIT: Just saw Fif_'s post with a possible fix. Will try that first now. :) Some of my questions (about how to upgrade, dealing with Busybox, unable to flash zips in recovery) remain, though.

EDIT2: While I'm waiting for another night to see, if Fif_'s patch fixes my problem, I found a new error message. I enabled the Magisk modules again, checked XPosed installer, and now the log says "Found /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/diabled, not loading Xposed". Does this mean anything to you?

I noticed, that was a long post. I just wanted to describe my problem as detailed as possible. I'll also split up your answer. :)

This might be due to Xposed Modules installed.
And not with Magisk or Magisk Xposed Module.

Xposed is still not active, but I still just froze the only module that was listed in XposedManager (which is BootManager 3.9.2) with TitaniumBackup. That didn't solve the problem, though.

I don't thing so the problem is with system partition being full will cause UnZip error.
This is caused due to BusyBox supplied by TWRP is at fault.
And I have seen that for same phone as your's , many are having same problem.

Talking about BusyBox, you just reminded me, that some app recently told me, that it's not installed. However, installing that by an app like "Busybox Free" fails (no specific error, just "It looks like the installation of BusyBox was not successful." --> Should I do a Logcat about that to see the specific error? Maybe I should try updating TWRP?! Do you think, that would help?

Also thank you for pointing out that other users of my phone have similar problems. That way, I found that I could use TWRP's feature of "fix permissions" (like here) or "Change or repair filesystem" (as described here. Do you think, that might help?

BUT you can Uninstall by deleting the Xposed folder from "/magisk" , and that's it. Magisk Xposed Module Uninstalled Manually.
And you can also disable it though , through Magisk Manager.

For now, I disabled both modules (Xposed and OOS Call Recording Enabler). Let's see if that already helps.

Maybe that you screwed somewhere but can not blame you as it was manual method.
And yes you could try Logcat via ADB but that's a lot of trouble for overnight.
And going through all that trouble , yet not find the exact problem though, but if you can try. :good: :fingers-crossed:

If nothing else helps, I'm prepared to do that. I don't have to sit and watch the whole night, just save the Logcat, see where it reboots and check the messages before that. Or maybe I imagine that too simple?! What do you mean by "all that trouble"?

Do Install the update.
But first restore Boot and then install the System Update , then Reflash Magisk , and done.

Installing the update will definitely be my next step. :) What do you mean by "restore Boot"? Should I flash the update through TWRP and then immediately reflash Magisk before rebooting or could I also install it through GUI, the reboot into recovery, flash Magisk and be done?

Best regards and thank you so much (kind of feeling bad for all that trouble, though)! :)

Xposed on OOS-based ROMs causes crashes when the phone is left charging.
The fix is here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-oos-background-dex-optimization-fix-t3687603

Thank you so much! I'll try that right now! :) I will report in the module thread.

Last edited:

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
Hi! That was a quick reply! :highfive:

EDIT: Just saw Fif_'s post with a possible fix. Will try that first now. :) Some of my questions (about how to upgrade, dealing with Busybox, unable to flash zips in recovery) remain, though.

EDIT2: While I'm waiting for another night to see, if Fif_'s patch fixes my problem, I found a new error message. I enabled the Magisk modules again, checked XPosed installer, and now the log says "Found /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/conf/diabled, not loading Xposed". Does this mean anything to you?

I guess this should be "disabled" instead of "diabled" .

This means that xposed is disabled in the xposed installer.
I did not read the whole thread, so two questions, did you try to enable it or did you try to remove this file manually (e.g. in TWRP) and did a reboot ?

[email protected]

Apr 21, 2016
Delhi
What's the proper guide for getting this to work on a Z5 Compact?

I started with flashing Magisk v14 in recovery (TWRP) -> restart recovery -> flash Xposed installer in OP -> when resbooting system I ended up in a bootloop; thus I wonder, am I supposed to flash the Xposed installer in the OP inside TWRP, or ?
If you install via magisk, you will not face bootloop.
Install Xposed modified apk from magisk module's link.

vaibhav1

Feb 20, 2013
Not working on my device if I installed xposed system less and check by safety net it's failed but uninstall success...

What's a matter what's wrong...???

junkhunzai

Feb 16, 2013
I am on Lenovo p1m vibe (stock 5.1.1 )
just wanted to share my experience
so previously i was using magisk 14 + xposed 87.3 = stable
then
1. fresh flash stock rom + magisk 14 + xposed 88 = stuck at boot screen.
2. fresh flash stock rom + magisk 14 + xposed 87.3 ---> update to xposed 88 through magisk manager --> boots and works but overnight (? deep sleep) restarts and then gets stucks at boot screen
3. magisk + xposed 88 ( install to /system ) = boots normally
4. update 87.3 zip with " common " and " arm64 " folder from v88 = boots and apparently stable.. xposed manager shows v88 framework , using dvdandroids manager

so is there bug in systemless zip v88 ?

TrayDays

Jan 2, 2015
I dknt know why, but when i install Sdk 25 - 88.1 i have audio stutter. Where it freezes for a millisecond or stuffer lag buzzing sound. But when i u install sdk 88.1 it doesnt happen. Ive tried on numerous ROMs and it still persist. Anyone else have this issue or know a fix for it? I dont recall this happening on 88.0 or 87.3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Prerequisite
    Magisk is required to be installed on your device!

Support Devices
    All Magisk compatible devices

Downloads
    My Xposed zip is universal across all architectures and Android versions.
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397956629

Install Guide
    • Install the XposedInstaller in the attachments
    • Follow the instructions in the Magisk release thread to install Magisk on to your device
    • Install Xposed within Magisk Manager's Download Section, or download the zip and flash in custom recovery
    • For uninstallation, remove the Xposed Magisk Module within Magisk Manager

Systemless Xposed does not pass SafetyNet!!!

Credits
    @rovo89 for creating Xposed

Source
    All binaries are downloaded and repacked from either places:
    Official build from rovo89
    I did not recompile/change anything how Xposed works, the behavior should be 100% identical to original sources, if you experience any Xposed issues, please directly report to the original threads.
    Changelog

• v87.0
      - Include fix from rovo89 to prevent bootloops in the latest security patch
      - Android 5.1 (SDK 22) was broken after one Magisk upgrade, it's now Magisk version independent
    • v86.6 (Downloaded 126324 times)
      - Update to support the new repo system of Magisk
      - Fixed incompatibility of suhide
    • v86.5 (Downloaded 174328 times)
      - Update for the new API of Magisk v4
      - NOTE: In order to update to Magisk v4, you are required to uninstall Magisk completely before upgrading. Please look at the main Magisk thread for more info
    • v86.4 (Downloaded 16246 times)
      - Revert the disable to not mount method for Android Pay
      - Fixed alt version script typo
    • v86.3
      - Use Magisk as dependancy
      - Support all the way back to Android 5.0
      - Android Pay :)
    • v86.2 (Downloaded 30608 times)
      - Script updates, more info here
    • v86.1 (Downloaded 10185 times)
      - Minor fixes, release notes here
    • v86.0
      - Massive update, see release notes here
    • v85.7 (Downloaded 15774 times)
      - Hot fix for some devices which breaks proper init commands
    • v85.6
      - Add SELinux label when executing script, should fix the few devices that aren't working
      - Massively improve the script to handle /cache to /data migration (the rare case when /data isn't available in TWRP)
      - Add Pixel C support (not-tested)
      - Combine all architecture into an All-In-One flash zip, users will only need to be aware of their own Android version
    • v85.5
      - Combine image mount and bind mount into one single script, should be more reliable and cleaner, hopefully it will fix ALL previous issues ;)
      - Add more logs to boot for debugging
      - Add SDK 22 support (un-tested!!)
    • v85.4
      - The mounting method should now support all devices :)
      - The installer will now merge Xposed Image if possible, so feel free to place your own files under /xposed
    • v85.3
      - Improved compatibility for some recoveries with incorrect libraries
      - Changed the method to mount xposed.img, hopefully will fix issues on some devices
    • v85.2
      - Separate Systemless Xposed from SuperSU. It now uses it's own image in data (/data/xposed.img)
      - Won't effect SuperSU anymore. Both are now working independently
      - Massively updated flash script, should be more reliable (e.g. Prefer sukernel in su.img over bundled binary)
      - (Derived from Wanam's update) Add Huawei theming engine support (details); Ensure the recompilation on Huawei EMUI Roms (details).
    • v85.1
      - Fixed flash script not installing files issue
    • v85.0
      - Initial release
    Updates!
    I slightly updated the scripts to work with the changes in Magisk v16.4.
    As you know currently I have very limited free time, I can't test everything before I went back to the military camp, that's why the latest Magisk releases are always dubbed "beta", and fixes will always take a week before I can finally touch my computer.
    Hope you can understand :)
    Systemless Xposed Update!!
    Here comes the long awaited Oreo Xposed thanks to rovo89. I'm glad to see Xposed running on my Pixel XL on the latest version of Android :)
    All previous versions are also updated to use the newer templates for better support on Magisk v15+.

BTW, the fact that the source code for v90 are not out yet I can still release systemless versions again proven that I do not recompile the binaries, all binaries are repackaged from the original sources.
    So if you face any issues, do not complain here :)
    Update!
    Update Oreo builds with official v90-beta3. Hey this time I'm super fast :)