2021 - Replacement Battery or Mod?

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Battery swelling is a failure!
Do Not Charge!!!💣💥
Replace asap ie stat before you damage your display or worse!!!
Not good...

Replace Li's when their capacity falls below 80% of original. Degrades Li's are more likely to fail.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
buy a new battery on AliExpress - or better: buy two!
Li's have a finite lifespan that starts the day they are fabricated. They degrade if used... or stored.
A bigger issue is if their voltage drops too low because of self discharge. If so it will be useless. Self discharge rate is about 2-3% a month. Typical new Li's have about a 50-70% charge on them because a 100% charge causes them to degrade faster in storage. Store in a cool, dry place.
Keep that in mind.

loyukfai

Jan 29, 2010
OEM. Get the OEM or equivalent seal(s) too.
This?

~$40......

Not sure if I can trust those on EBay or AliExpress...

The S7 Edge and XPower mods sound interesting as they give you extra capacity, but the guidelines I found are mostly textual, some video/photo instructions would be nice.

Cheers.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
This?

~$40......

Not sure if I can trust those on EBay or AliExpress...

The S7 Edge and XPower mods sound interesting as they give you extra capacity, but the guidelines I found are mostly textual, some video/photo instructions would be nice.

Cheers.
See where the OEM cards was made.
With Samsung's it's Nam or India.
So for a Samsung battery anything from China is 3rd party.

loyukfai

Jan 29, 2010
Battery... watching Dracula, Dead and Loving It🤣
No problem. But how can you know where they're from when buying online and if they're legitimate, unless you're buying directly from LG?

I suspect some of the sellers even on Amazon are selling re-badged or counterfeited posing as new and OEM.

Cheers.