[2022-04-03] [v0.5] Universal Android Debloater

Search This thread

mguk

Nov 30, 2021
I'm looking at possibly getting a Samsung A52S 5G but I wanted to know does the debloating tool remove all bloatware, so that the operating system software is very close to stock Android? I've read that it is not possible to remove all bloatware on Samsung phones, is this correct, if it is what bloatware cannot be removed?

When Samsung updates the phone to the next version of Android, does the debloating tool need to be run again? Is all the bloatware reinstalled when the phone is updated?

Thanks for your help

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I'm looking at possibly getting a Samsung A52S 5G but I wanted to know does the debloating tool remove all bloatware, so that the operating system software is very close to stock Android? I've read that it is not possible to remove all bloatware on Samsung phones, is this correct, if it is what bloatware cannot be removed?

When Samsung updates the phone to the next version of Android, does the debloating tool need to be run again? Is all the bloatware reinstalled when the phone is updated?

Thanks for your help
The tool can be customised by editing text files. So you can define what apps get uninstalled. On an older samsung phone rootless debloating survived update.

jacatone

Nov 5, 2021
I don't see this script or how to install it on debian linux? Why is everything in Linux so frigin complicated?

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I don't see this script or how to install it on debian linux? Why is everything in Linux so frigin complicated?
It is a bash script. Use the command line and cd to the folder you exttracted the files.

Or are you talking about gui version?

Last edited:

kr3des

Apr 6, 2016
i disabled something with this tool and now it takes 2-3 min before my texts send? does any maybe have a clue what could be the cause, thanks

kwasior500

Jul 3, 2013
Sony Xperia Z3v
For factory reset i have to enter pin, for play store i have to login, for download standalone keyboard apk i need keyboard...
idea: i'll download apk with pc

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Last edited:

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
Can I debloat a Lenovo tablet using this? I want to turn it into a Microsoft Tab. It is not in the manufacturers list. If not is there any other way for doing this?

Thank you

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
Lenovo sells android and windows tablets. The debloater is for android only.

Debloating will not make windows out of an android OS.
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have android one. It is running stock android 6. I just want to remove all google apps from it to make it fast and secure. Microsoft apps are better for me in terms of both.

I just wanted to know if this script will work on my device properly because Lenovo is not in the manufacturers list.

Model no. if needed : TB3-X70L

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah, I have android one. It is running stock android 6. I just want to remove all google apps from it to make it fast and secure. Microsoft apps are better for me in terms of both.

I just wanted to know if this script will work on my device properly because Lenovo is not in the manufacturers list.

Model no. if needed : TB3-X70L
The script will work. A lenovo list would be necessary to debloat lenovo specific apps. Last time i used it, there was a combined list for Google and Microsoft. Maybe you want to edit that .

Reactions: TheDoctor46

TheDoctor46

Jan 28, 2021
Mumbai, India.
The script will work. A lenovo list would be necessary to debloat lenovo specific apps. Last time i used it, there was a combined list for Google and Microsoft. Maybe you want to edit that .
I would like to ask you something else,
I earlier used the normal ADB command to uninstall system apps like Play movies, play books, etc. Can I uninstall the play services and store the same way ?

Thank you very much !

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
I would like to ask you something else,
I earlier used the normal ADB command to uninstall system apps like Play movies, play books, etc. Can I uninstall the play services and store the same way ?

Thank you very much !
It's up to you. You don't need that script. You can open a terminal and run adb shell. The command for Google play services is "pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.gms"

Reactions: TheDoctor46

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't find the program to download it
    In this description below, is it will real uninstall bloatware or just disable
    Read the FAQ! None root is not real uninstalled but it's more than disabling in settings.
    Universal Android Debloater

v0.5.0.png

This is a complete rewrite in Rust of the UAD bash script.

DISCLAIMER : Use this software at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that could happen to your phone.

Summary
    I try to maintain a universal tool which removes bloatwares on any Android phones by using ADB.

The main goal is to improve battery performance and privacy by removing unnecessary and obscure system apps. This can also contribute to improve security by reducing the attack surface.

Packages are as well documented as possible in order to provide a better understanding of what you can delete or not. The worst thing which could happen is removing an essential system package needed during boot causing then an unfortunate bootloop. After about 5 failed system boots, the phone will automatically reboot in recovery mode and you'll have to perform a FACTORY RESET. So make a backup first!

In any case, you can NOT brick your device with this script ! That's the main thing, right ? :)

Features
    • Uninstall/Disable and Restore/Enable system packages
    • Multi-user support (e.g apps in work profiles)
    • Export/Import your selection in uad_exported_selection.txt
    • Multi-device support: you can connect multiple phones at the same time
    • All your actions are logged so you never forget what you've done

NB : System apps cannot really be uninstalled without root (see the FAQ)

Universal debloat lists
    • GFAM (Google/Facebook/Amazon/Microsoft)
    • AOSP
    • Manufacturers (OEM)
    • Mobile carriers
    • Qualcomm / Mediatek / Miscellaneous

Manufacturers debloat lists
    • Asus
    • LG
    • Google
    • Fairphone
    • Huawei
    • Motorola
    • Nokia
    • OnePlus
    • Oppo
    • Samsung
    • Sony
    • Xiaomi

Mobile carriers debloat lists
    • French carriers: SFR / Orange / Free / Bouygues
    • US carriers: T-mobile / Verizon / AT&T / Sprint
    • German carriers: Telekom
    • UK: EE

How to use

Acknowledgement
    How to contribute

See here

How to report bugs

Open an issue on Github. I rarely respond on this XDA thread.
    I try extreme google debloat on Samsung A3 2017. First check was OK. Debloater 2.1 with standard settings GFAM worked fine. Factory reset completely restored all the bloatware.

Second try:
    Install f-droid and hacker's keyboard before install
    $ adb push F-Droid.apk /storage/emulated/0
    $ adb push org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard_1041001.apk /storage/emulated/0
    Replace all #"com.google with "com.google in /lists/Google.sh
    Debloat GFAM
    Reboot is OK. Playstore still there, but can be deactivated. Samsung_bloat can't be debloated.
    Sometimes I get the message Google play services has stopped.
    F-Droid can install apps. They run.
    Galaxy store can't get deactivated.

Edit: debloating webview was no good idea. I've got many crashes of antennapod app. Restoring helped.
    Hi,

So I went through with the whole (well documented) debloating instructions and debloated everything there was to debloat until the script said "nothing to debloat :)" on every selectable option. [...] Now the phone wont boot anymore.
    [...] Is this a known issue already? I can be a tester if there are some fixes on the way.

A new big release (v2.8) is coming soon.

As for the bootloop, I'm sorry. It seems this only happens (for now) on newer Samsung devices with OneUI 3.0. This is a known issue (see #39). The faulty package seems to be a Google one but hasn't been found yet.

Only users of those phones can identify it. I can't do anything alone. I would be delighted if you help me on this. Come over to Gitlab. It's easier to track issues. :)

Any idea why the debloat script won't recognize that I've updated bash to the latest version and set it to default on my MacBook?
    Well... I dunno how I could have failed this but here it is:

On the 4th line of code, in the if it should be:
    "${BASH_VERSINFO[0]}" < 5 instead of BASH_VERSINFO < 5

It will be fixed in the next release.