[2022-07-03] [v0.5.1] Universal Android Debloater

Search This thread

vecino

Aug 12, 2008
Hello, please does anyone know the name of the application for voice control of the camera? If I use the recommended list, this option disappears. Many Thanks

Attachments

• voice_samsung.png
    voice_samsung.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 78

fallengt

Jan 18, 2011
uninstall googlesearchbar also stop several google apps (namely lens, assistant,...) from working

also uninstall these will cause bootloop on xiaomi devices

• com.lbe.security.miui [com.lbe.security.miui Rights Management Service*]
  • com.android.updater [com.android.updater system update*]
  • com.miui.securitycenter [com.miui.securitycenter Mobile Manager*]
  • com.xiaomi.finddevice [com.xiaomi.finddevice Find Phone*]
  • com.miui.home [com.miui.home System Desktop*]
  • com.miui.guardprovider [com.miui.guardprovider MIUI Security Component*]
  • com.xiaomi.market[com.xiaomi.market App Store*]
  • com.xiaomi.account [com.xiaomi.account Xiaomi account*]
  • com.miui.packageinstaller

Last edited:

ZeA_Quin

Jun 6, 2020
is it true that aggressive debloating can actually cause more battery drain?

Last edited:

knojap

Apr 18, 2011
I have deinstalled an app and now my samsung s10 won't boot.
Is there a way to restore the app with twrp file manager?

kuronianviking

Sep 10, 2022
Hi, this app looks interesting. I would like to try and remove most of unnecessary services fromy my LG Google nexus 5x which has Nethunter installed and TWRP. By using this software, can I mess up my Nethunter and TWRP installation ? I am looking to remove most of the bloatware and degoogle nexus because it's running out of space and playstore keeps moaning about nethunter that it's unsafe application.
Thank you.

EDIT: What would be safe removing from this picture ?
Thanks
debloat.jpg

debloat2.jpg

debloat3.jpg

Last edited:

kurtn

Jan 28, 2017
Small town in Bavaria
Hi, this app looks interesting. I would like to try and remove most of unnecessary services fromy my LG Google nexus 5x which has Nethunter installed and TWRP. By using this software, can I mess up my Nethunter and TWRP installation ? I am looking to remove most of the bloatware and degoogle nexus because it's running out of space and playstore keeps moaning about nethunter that it's unsafe application.
Thank you.

EDIT: What would be safe removing from this picture ?
Thanks
View attachment 5730145
View attachment 5730151
View attachment 5730153
Yes. You can mess up your phone. None root mode is safer. You can do a factory reset to restore all uninstalled apps in none root mode.

Why not just disabling some apps and deleting their updates?

tibrocks

Mar 2, 2011
London
Can someone help, Samsung My Files app always crashes when I try to access My Files > Settings - is there any particlular app that's causing this?
I've deactivated a bunch of them under the Recommended section..

rtyuakatsuki

May 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hi i hqve problem about detection i can see my device with adb command and i see the driver work well samsung ADB that the name but the app not detect my phone
My laptop asus tuf gaming i've try older version when click update it wont use internet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi i hqve problem about detection i can see my device with adb command and i see the driver work well samsung ADB that the name but the app not detect my phone
    My laptop asus tuf gaming i've try older version when click update it wont use internet
    run the buddy program inside the Adb folder
    run the buddy program inside the Adb folder
    Okey fixed bro
    This is not an APP. This doesn't run on your phone. It runs on a PC and uses adb. I recommend it, if you don't want to root or unlock bootloader.
    I have root and to be Honest used the app De-bloater from Fdroid and it works great. I strongly recommend it if you are rooted
    Universal Android Debloater

v0.5.0.png

This is a complete rewrite in Rust of the UAD bash script.

DISCLAIMER : Use this software at your own risk. I am not responsible for anything that could happen to your phone.

Summary
    I try to maintain a universal tool which removes bloatwares on any Android phones by using ADB.

The main goal is to improve battery performance and privacy by removing unnecessary and obscure system apps. This can also contribute to improve security by reducing the attack surface.

Packages are as well documented as possible in order to provide a better understanding of what you can delete or not. The worst thing which could happen is removing an essential system package needed during boot causing then an unfortunate bootloop. After about 5 failed system boots, the phone will automatically reboot in recovery mode and you'll have to perform a FACTORY RESET. So make a backup first!

In any case, you can NOT brick your device with this script ! That's the main thing, right ? :)

Features
    • Uninstall/Disable and Restore/Enable system packages
    • Multi-user support (e.g apps in work profiles)
    • Export/Import your selection in uad_exported_selection.txt
    • Multi-device support: you can connect multiple phones at the same time
    • All your actions are logged so you never forget what you've done

NB : System apps cannot really be uninstalled without root (see the FAQ)

Universal debloat lists
    • GFAM (Google/Facebook/Amazon/Microsoft)
    • AOSP
    • Manufacturers (OEM)
    • Mobile carriers
    • Qualcomm / Mediatek / Miscellaneous

Manufacturers debloat lists
    • Asus
    • LG
    • Google
    • Fairphone
    • Huawei
    • Motorola
    • Nokia
    • OnePlus
    • Oppo
    • Samsung
    • Sony
    • Xiaomi

Mobile carriers debloat lists
    • French carriers: SFR / Orange / Free / Bouygues
    • US carriers: T-mobile / Verizon / AT&T / Sprint
    • German carriers: Telekom
    • UK: EE

How to use

Acknowledgement
    How to contribute

See here

How to report bugs

Open an issue on Github. I rarely respond on this XDA thread.
    I try extreme google debloat on Samsung A3 2017. First check was OK. Debloater 2.1 with standard settings GFAM worked fine. Factory reset completely restored all the bloatware.

Second try:
    Install f-droid and hacker's keyboard before install
    $ adb push F-Droid.apk /storage/emulated/0
    $ adb push org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard_1041001.apk /storage/emulated/0
    Replace all #"com.google with "com.google in /lists/Google.sh
    Debloat GFAM
    Reboot is OK. Playstore still there, but can be deactivated. Samsung_bloat can't be debloated.
    Sometimes I get the message Google play services has stopped.
    F-Droid can install apps. They run.
    Galaxy store can't get deactivated.

Edit: debloating webview was no good idea. I've got many crashes of antennapod app. Restoring helped.
    Hi,

So I went through with the whole (well documented) debloating instructions and debloated everything there was to debloat until the script said "nothing to debloat :)" on every selectable option. [...] Now the phone wont boot anymore.
    [...] Is this a known issue already? I can be a tester if there are some fixes on the way.

A new big release (v2.8) is coming soon.

As for the bootloop, I'm sorry. It seems this only happens (for now) on newer Samsung devices with OneUI 3.0. This is a known issue (see #39). The faulty package seems to be a Google one but hasn't been found yet.

Only users of those phones can identify it. I can't do anything alone. I would be delighted if you help me on this. Come over to Gitlab. It's easier to track issues. :)

Any idea why the debloat script won't recognize that I've updated bash to the latest version and set it to default on my MacBook?
    Well... I dunno how I could have failed this but here it is:

On the 4th line of code, in the if it should be:
    "${BASH_VERSINFO[0]}" < 5 instead of BASH_VERSINFO < 5

It will be fixed in the next release.