2023 SM-N950U/U1/W Rev8 Root Method Android 9 (snapdragon models) Via Bootloader Unlock Token

Search This thread

revized

May 30, 2009
united sins of america
I just tried to use this method and it bricked a Note 8 N950U1.
Here's what I did:
I had V7 bootloader first, so I flashed a V8 firmware (BL, AP, CSC) and it booted up fine to the OS.
I was having some issues with Odin so I decided to turn on USB debugging used ADB to boot into download mode (adb reboot download).
I used the N950 combo firmware to flash under the AP tab, unchecked the auto reboot.
The flash went through and said PASS and I went ahead and manually rebooted into download mode until....
nothing happened.
Just shows a random bar fast flash only when trying to get back into download mode. Will not power on or show recovery, bootloader, OS, or even charging icon.
I work at a phone repair shop so I decided to open the device and unplug the battery like was said on this forum, but unfortunately still no success. No QL download mode either. Not sure if I did something wrong or just one of the unlucky ones.
Sorry 😞 sounds like one of the 10 percent brick happens to

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I used the OTA zips for S8+. And now when I turn on my Note 8 the boot screen says it's a S8+. No issues with that. I think it's funny. My Note 8 was to be S8+ and we call them smart phones. haha. But thank you for all the work you have done with the Samsungs. I've been using your work with the S5 and so on. Much appreciated and respected
Im pretty sure an ota zip for s8 that was oreo because that's the only time it worked would not flash on your note 8 you must be confused with system image

I mean the S8 Plus. But here's what my Note 8 does when I turn it on. And I'm not genius at all this. But I do try and use everything you make for safestrap. This is what I mean. Sorry I'm just a novice at it. But I really do enjoy doing this. So thank you again. Very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-181911_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20221110-181911_Settings.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Cut_VID_20221110_190254.mp4
    35.1 MB · Views: 0

nhk88

Nov 10, 2022
On step 3, I get the error: "
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

How should I fix this?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
On step 3, I get the error: "
'adb' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."

How should I fix this?
Right click in the folder containing the bat file or cmd file and click open command prompt then type the name of the bat file or cmd file to run in the command prompt window and click enter. In this case N8-SAFESTRAP.bat then hit enter or you can open a system command prompt and cd to the directory containing the bat file

Last edited:

nhk88

Nov 10, 2022
Right click in the folder containing the bat file or cmd file and click open command prompt then type the name of the bat file or cmd file to run in the command prompt window and click enter. In this case N8-SAFESTRAP.bat then hit enter or you can open a system command prompt and cd to the directory containing the bat file
I've tried doing as you explained, and the text in cmd becomes green but nothing else happens.
Meanwhile, my phone screen goes into "factory binary".

Other things I have tried is double clicking on the bat file itself, and that's when I get the "'adb' is not recognized" error.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 34

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I've tried doing as you explained, and the text in cmd becomes green but nothing else happens.
Meanwhile, my phone screen goes into "factory binary".

Other things I have tried is double clicking on the bat file itself, and that's when I get the "'adb' is not recognized" error.

Any suggestions?
So whats in the folder. Is there an adb.exe and a couple of adb dl files along with bat file and a folder?

greenwind10

Feb 8, 2023
hello , I have done the method you gave here, and I applied it on samsung note 8 SM-N95OU but I got a problem, I can't access google playstre and also my network problem,
can someone help solve my problem.
Thank you in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Method And Bootloader Unlock For Note 8 Snapdragon
    Bootloaders can be unlocked via unlock token this is a paid service and more information found out below

Before unlocking bootloader preparations
    Downloads
    Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.7z

BL_N950USQU8DUA3_CL20835196_QB37821273_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

Instructions
    USB 2 mini hub will probably be needed

Flash the above BL file in Odin BL slot and reboot
    Flashed purchased token from above site
    After token unlock make sure your phones KG status is not prenormal you can chek this status in download mode. If it is prenormal reboot to phone and connect to a network.

Once Bootloaders are unlocked use below file to root
    Full Firmware
    SM-N950USQU8DVB1_UNLOCKED_FIRMWARE.7z

SM-N950U1UEU8DUE2_UNLOCKED_FIRMWARE.7z
    SM-N950WVLU8DUG1_UNLOCKED_FIRMWARE.7z -- See Instructions below

Stand Alone AIO
    USERDATA_AIO_N950U_U1_W_ALL_CSC_ZYGISK_FORCE_WIPE_2023_08_22.tar.md5
    USERDATA_AIO_N950U_U1_W_ALL_CSC_ZYGISK_NO_WIPE_2023_08_22.tar.md5

Instructions

USB 2 mini hub will probably be needed
    Flash Firmware if you want to update to the latest in appropriate Odin slots.
    If you want to stay on current choose the stand Alone AIO and flash in Userdata slot
    Phone will reboot to twrp and format data and install root
    Phone will reboot to setup

Instructions For U1 Firmware
    U1 firmware you need to install the firmware first without using the AIO make sure sim you are using is in the phone. Once phone is booted connect to internet go through setup the reboot back to download mode and flash the stand alone AIO by itself in odin. If you dont do this you will get service provider update and wont be able to git rid of it

Additional Help Found On My Telegram Channel

Old Root Method For N8 U/U1/W Series Phones Rev8 Locked Bootloader

This method only gives you root on Nougat if you want to root Pie you must use and pay for above method!!
    One Click Method Brought To Everyone By oakieville He provide this free of charge so If you like maybe give him a little donation
    Paypal email is oakieville209@gmail.com

Before Starting This Process Get A USB2 Mini Hub You Are Most Likely Going Too Need It. Do Not Come In Here And Post This Is Not Working Until You Have Tried It With The USB2 Mini Hub!

You Must Start From Stock U Firmware. IT Seems To Be The Less Likely To Brick Your Device As Explained In The Disclaimer!

Disclaimer Please Read!!

This may brick your device there is a problem especially with s8 and note 8 models where the tz partition becomes corrupted and on some occasions after flashing combination firmware your phone will become bricked and as of now there is no way to fix it. There is no way to predict if it will happen. It doesn’t seem too happen very often on s8+ but it does occasionally happen on the other 2 models so do this at your own risk. I would say it probably happens 10 percent of the time on s8 and note 8 especially when on bit 6 or higher firmwares. S8+ it rarely happens too but it still may. If you take the risk and it happens do not pm me asking how to fix it as of time I posted this there is no way to fix it

Please Read Notes

OEM Toggle Does Nothing On US Model Phones

You will most likely need a USB 2 mini hub for Odin to work if using windows 8 or higher. I would temporarily disable windows defender or antivirus software while performing the procedure with your computer.

You cannot have root on any rom except a nougat rom also flashing custom boot images cannot be done or using systemless magisk. Hiding root or running modules cannot be done. There is no oem unlock and even if there is you cannot unlock your bootloaders or run any aosp based roms.

You can be on any firmware to achieve safestrap but to run a rooted rom you will be limited to using a special nougat android 7 rom. You can have safestrap on pie android 9 which gives you some ability to modify system files flash zips etc and have access too data and other partitions that are normally blocked but you can not run root on android 9 because root on android 9 requires a modified boot image

Anything here with a .7z extension will get unzipped before using
    Anything here with a .zip extension will get flashed a zip in safestrap
    Anything here with a .tar or .md5 gets flashed in odin
    Anything here with a .img extension gets flashed as image in safestrap

Additional Help Can Be Found In The Telegram Channel
    Telegram Channel For 8 Series Root

Downloads

Odin3_v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.7z
    SM-N950U_VZW_N950USQU8DVB1.7z -- Stock U Firmware Flash First In Odin
    SAFESTRAP_N8_GUI_INSTALLER.7z - GUI 1 Click Method-Recommend!

Alt Method

Safestrap_N8_Cmd_Line.7z - Command Line 1 Click

Directions Once On Stock U Firmware

If using Safestrap_N8_Cmd_Line follow instructions on Cmd screen.

1. Download files and unzip SAFESTRAP_N8_GUI_INSTALLER.7z

2. Plug phone into computer and allow access too phone data

3. Run the SAFESTRAP_8_SERIES.exe file. In program choose your model of phone in drop down box then click Root Button and select COMBINATION_FA71_N950USQU8ATF1.tar.md5 file too flash it is packed in the zip you downloaded from above. Everything else is automatically done for you just follow any pop up that come up.
    image_2023-03-01_19-19-11.png

4. Phone will reboot too download and flash combo firmware and then reboot. Click dialog stating that it has rebooted and it will inject safestrap all automatically

5. When done you will have a minimal system with safestrap recovery

Instructions For Installing Rom

System Images
    system_n950_nougat.img - Nougat Image That Can Be Rooted
    Canadian Roms

N950W_NOUGAT_V8.7z - Nougat Image That Can Be Rooted

1. From here you will either a nougat or pie system image to your phone which will be flashed in safestrap. Reboot to safestrap using the safestrap control app once in safestrap choose wipe then advanced wipe and wipe data. Then goto home screen of safestrap using install tab and the the flash image tab at bottom. Choose system image you copied to phone. System images get flashed too system partition.

2 My nougat system images are not pre rooted if you want for root you will also need too flash a root zip in safestrap.

Root Zips For Nougat Image

EFTSU_System-v20.4_12_28_22.zip

SuperSU_System_12_28_22.zip

Phhs_SuperSU_S8_S9_Series.zip

3. You can enter safestrap anytime on nougat by simply rebooting to recovery which will enter safestrap or by using the safestrap control app

Fingerprint Fix For Nougat Roms
    SM_N950U_FINGERPRINT_FIX.exe

4. If fingerprint not working reboot phone too download mode and run this SM_N950U_FINGERPRINT_FIX.exe

Pie With Safestrap Roms
    Full Guide Found Here
    Video Tutorial
    Thank You Liset Pedraza
    Method In This Video To Obtain Safestrap Has Changed But The Process Of Using Safestrap Still Pertains

Credits
    klabit87 - Basically Everything
    GSMCHEN - The root method
    elliwigy -The root method
    afaneh92 -Safestrap and too much too mention[/MEDIA]
    oakieville - 1 click method
    S8 SM_G950U/U1/W Can Be Found Below
    S8+ SM_G955U/U1/W Can Be Found Below
    You guys could try flashing the s8+ system image on the note 8 and see if that works. I know the note 8 system image will boot on the s8+ so it should work vice versa. Xposed works on the s8+

Sent from some device I modified
    Installed on At&t Note 8. Worked like a charm. Only posting pic to show everything went without issue. Installed pre rooted Nougat rom. Thank you very much sir. Hope you dont mind that I posted pic.[ ATTACH]4963365[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    It has the battery bug that only charges at 80% after installing the root

If you look in the s8 threads I have a hack to pass the 80% charge limit It is not a bug It is a safety feature so you dont blow your fingers off